Status
Not open for further replies.

perlFerret

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
In a response to a fur con I follow on Facebook and Twitter, some people mentioned that exposed diapers (fully exposed, not just waistband showing) have become a common thing at some cons and that it's freaking some people out. I thought that went against the ethos of our community ("don't subject others to your hobby/fetish/medical need"). I really don't want babyfurs or diaperfurs to get even worse of a reputation because of behavior like this.

There are "bad apples" in every group. Sadly, people are too dumb to realize this sometimes. They assume that everyone in a given group is just like those bad apples. It doesn't help if they have some sort of prejudice against the group in the first place.

Note said:
Quite right, there are bad apples in every group. But it doesn't help when you're part of a culture that perpetuates this oh-so-edgy and trashy lifestyle. Personally I blame the lack of decent role-models in the fandom, that never teach the importance of responsibility and proper social etiquette and decorum.

​I agree with you.

ShippoFox said:
There are "bad apples" in every group. Sadly, people are too dumb to realize this sometimes. They assume that everyone in a given group is just like those bad apples. It doesn't help if they have some sort of prejudice against the group in the first place.

Well said .
There are some that will try to make a group look bad also by doing things that hurt the other said's group reputation.
Which happened at rainforest when they spread diapers all over the parking lot not knowing that we would never wear those type of diapers.
Other things happened also which is why swiftfox came up with a code of ethics at Con's
No exposed diapers.
Binkies were borderline.
No BM in public .
Change as soon as possible to keep smell down not to affend other's

Double bag your used padding take out to dumpster your self.
Tip your hotel house keeper generously keep room clean.
Take showers to keep odor down.
Really mostly Common Sense stuff.
Because someone said that the baby Furs were leaving diapers out in the hallways of the motel
Having bm's in the elevators while wearing diapers.
This gave us a bad reputation which we never wanted to have repeated.
But then not everyone cares to do the right thing.
But those that were IC it's understood that you can't help or control what happens.
It just takes one bad con to get a bad reputation and then we spend years trying to straighten it out.
Has anybody seen a real change in the furry fandom where we're not so much tolerant of one another like we used to be.
Kind of sad.

It goes for cons and other get togethers for all sort. You can never just be yourself unless yours is specific to it, but something else still offends someone. You'll offend someone for just being you. While bad apples tend to ruin things for everyone, the whiners also ruin things and before you know it they'll have 100 different ones with specific types of people. SMH.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

perlFerret said:
In a response to a fur con I follow on Facebook and Twitter, some people mentioned that exposed diapers (fully exposed, not just waistband showing) have become a common thing at some cons and that it's freaking some people out. I thought that went against the ethos of our community ("don't subject others to your hobby/fetish/medical need"). I really don't want babyfurs or diaperfurs to get even worse of a reputation because of behavior like this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those complaints about someone wearing a fur suit, with a diaper over that (usually pinned in place)? This doesn't really have anything to do with wearing or exposing your diaper under the suit or your clothes.

This was the case before, and if it still is then I see nothing wrong with it. After all, they aren't actually exposing their diaper to those around them. The diaper everyone sees is actually nothing more than a sort of prop diaper. If someone has a problem with that, then too bad for them.

Slomo said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those complaints about someone wearing a fur suit, with a diaper over that (usually pinned in place)? This doesn't really have anything to do with wearing or exposing your diaper under the suit or your clothes.

This was the case before, and if it still is then I see nothing wrong with it. After all, they aren't actually exposing their diaper to those around them. The diaper everyone sees is actually nothing more than a sort of prop diaper. If someone has a problem with that, then too bad for them.

Well, you don't have to even wear a fur suit. Some furries may wear just a tail and ears or the like and then clothes. I think the poster might be talking about people wearing their furry gear and then a t-shirt and diaper for example. Not really a prop diaper type of thing. But that's just my guess.

I just know one fursuiter had just a Safari diaper on just that and was told to take it off.
This was at second to last rainfurrest I think I read about it.

I really think it's how it looks that matters like if it looks like baby bear from Bugs Bunny I see no problem.
If it looks like your running in fetish gear then no.
I'm sure it's a case by case basis.
Is in good taste or not most cons have minors running around with parents.

I have seen some baby furs in shortalls and pampers on underneath the shortalls with binkie and plushie diapered.
But nothing was said while they were there.
Not something I would do at Rocky mountain fur con.

Ah, yeah I can see the complaints then. If the diaper is against your skin, then no it should never be purposely exposed, and doing so anyways does not help our cause/image.

Slomo said:
Ah, yeah I can see the complaints then. If the diaper is against your skin, then no it should never be purposely exposed, and doing so anyways does not help our cause/image.

So diapers should only be underneath the clothes and not over them right?

AnimeDude892 said:
So diapers should only be underneath the clothes and not over them right?

Actually I've already said the opposite of this. But let me reiterat.

If you're wearing a diaper like underwear (and especially using it), then it simply should never be exposed to the general public. The only exceptions I can think to this, would be at the beach when it's instead worn in place of a bathing suit, or in a locker room while changing.

However, if the diaper is being worn as an outer part of a costume (such as an extra "prop diaper" worn over your outerwear), then that's a whole different scenario and would be perfectly acceptable.

​Yes, one must play by the rules and not upset or offend anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back