Accidents at work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

podmuse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I'm newly incontinent and in trying to cope. In December 2016 i began having issues from both ends barely making it to the bathroom and I explained this to my doctor and several tests later I was diagnosed with urge incontinence and I was diagnosed with ibs years ago. I unfortunately began having poop accidents when I was in college few years ago. In January after a humiliating accident I put myself in diapers and have been since January and now I feel like it's gotten worse. Urinary incontinence is still the same constant dribble before I need to pee however now since I'm diapered I just let go. But my bowels have a mind of their own. I generally have accidents at night or early in the morning at home but I was at work when I had my first ever poop accident. I felt a wave of sickness so I grabbed my bag and headed for the restroom a country mile from my work place and halfway there I had a huge blow out. Like nothing has worked for me and I feel helpless. I'm 23 and I told my mom of my issues (because I live with her) and she just thinks I'm lazy and mocks me. I don't know how long my issues will last but I have to say it's making me depressed. How would you deal with this?

First, go back to your mom and tell her off. Make sure she understands your accidents have been anything but the result of laziness. And let her know your being mocked by her is not how parents show love and support, it most certainly isn't helping either.

Second, go back to your doctor and get a referral to a continence clinic or physical rehabilitation center. There are things you can do to lesson your problems, such as medications, diet changes and exercises.

Third, keep wearing those diapers. OAB and IBS combined isn't something you can just live and cope with, without diapers.

What kind of parent, knowing her child has been diagnosed​ with IC and IBS, insists that the cause is laziness? This mother needs some serious schooling.

kerry said:
What kind of parent, knowing her child has been diagnosed​ with IC and IBS, insists that the cause is laziness? This mother needs some serious schooling.

The kind of parent that also does things like trying to blame your headaches on the imagined stress you have with your wife even though you have been diagnosed with cluster headaches. Insists that you go to the doctors to 'fix' you. Also refuses to believe that you could be dealing with bladder control issues when they have personally been fighting similar and such issues run on both sides of family.

I feel for the OP in this one.

Accidents, which are always rather large BM's, were never really a problem for me at work. It was my own company and I had a private bathroom in my office. Occasionally I would be out meeting a client and I'd have a really big BM. Never bothered me much. I use a lot of Metamucil so the stool isn't loose anymore. I also use Desitin ointment (zinc oxide) so staying in a really messy diaper wasn't a skin problem. I use Nullo for odour elimination and always plastic pants. I could always wait until I got back to the office. I sold the business 5 years ago and retired early. Now I can always wait until I'm home.

kerry said:

Thats the way these things were often addressed years ago. When I was a kid wetting was viewed as a discipline issue and that apparently was a pretty common view a the time. If her parents took that attitude with her or her siblings she might have picked it up. Parents nowdays usually know better. I think for some parents its frustration and they just don't know how do deal with it so they either avoid it or react negatively. Nobody has to do a test to qualify to be a parent so its trial and often a lot of error in many cases.

I will admit to being a diapered bed wetter ( 1 of 3 bedwetters out of 6 kids)into my late teens. In our house (mothther was a nurse uo to her 3rd) it was all very clinical yet loving and comasionate. Yes, I know how lucky I was. There was and is still much love in our house. I thank the good Lord daily for such an understanding family. I thankmy lucky stars that I was raised in a household without judgment and I wasn't treated badly. It made the transition back to diaper dependency that much easier. Never an easy transition and acceptance. I was introduced at an early age that a messy diaper was and would be the least of my problems when bowel IC made it a very uncomfortable reality. You accept and move on and hopfully you weren't shamed or ridiculed. Thank the good Lord it wasn't a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back