Status
Not open for further replies.

PCBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
They have a pantless day in the subway in NYC every year for like the last 10 years , i think it's in October every year! With a rebel yell and rearz rebel I entered the system ready to get crazy !

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Hi HeronimusM,
I agree, I can remember telling my late wife (Then a serious girlfriend) about my IC, fortunately she was a student nurse at the time and was totally understanding, but it could have been very different.

Hi Tetra,
is this just a general pantless day where people wear ordinary underwear or is it specifically for those in IC garments?

It's a genaral pantless day , no matter if you tighty whitey or diaperd come as you are , some non cool people show up in spandex black Speedos, others were there normal wear.

Thanks Tetra,
just wondered

You see they used just depends products.
But when they tried this advertising in the US we wore all different products and they dropped it.
Because it was advertising ploy and they didn't like the other brands.
We all remember drop your pants for Depends events.

Starrunner said:
Initially it sounds like a public education event to raise awareness about incontinence, but I have to wonder if it's not just another marketing ploy by Depends to market their product.

I suspect it's a little of both... ^.^; But marketing which happens to provide a public service is one of the few forms that I approve of (usually, marketing just annoys me).

PCBaby said:
Hi all,
i know we all have our way of dealing with our or other peoples IC, but would you do this to support people you know who are IC?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWCo2b9XL_4

English subtitles

I believe doing this is more of a symbolic gesture than actual support. Every little bit helps though, so I'm all for it.

And yes, I would participate (if there were subways or a monorail near me).

Starrunner said:
Initially it sounds like a public education event to raise awareness about incontinence, but I have to wonder if it's not just another marketing ploy by Depends to market their product.

It's just a TV advert depicting a fictional "public education campaign", isn't it? I presume everyone wearing pull-ups were actors.

it may well be but at least it tries to tackle the problems of IC people in a fairly novel way especially in a fairly conservative society like S. Korea or Japan.

Looks like it was filmed in the Seoul Metro for Korean audiences. It's very reminiscent of the "Underwareness" campaign they did in NYC a few years back

As PaddedBro says, not only is it not just in eastern cultures, but it started in NYC in a much larger scale than in that video ;D
I almost went to this event, but flaked out last minute. I kinda regret it, looks like it was a good time... https://thewhisperbox.com/2014/08/07/capital-cities-pier-97-underwearness/

They originally had a promo video from the event, but it seems that Depend has pretty much wiped Underwareness from the face of the earth (too bad, it was a great movement to raise awareness and lower stigma).
Anyway, here are more photos from it: gettyimages

Well the landless day in New York subways has been going on at least 20 years I remember, it is definitely nothing to do with Depends or the underwearness campaign , that was a huge promotional misstep instead of embracing all manner and brand of diapers to truly raise awareness and donate to some IC causes ,it was a shameless grab for money by depend , I really dont think they even donated the miniscule amount of money they promised based on sales ,then again it was only recently that depends were selling so poorly, that they actually made a decision based on customer feedback rather than corporate office mindset, when the corporate mindset causes you to lose a market segment that you practicly invented years ago, it was time to start back pedaling the new improvements and going back to diapers 101, hopefully they will continue and releaee some good stuff like they make in other countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back