Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormtrooper

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Well, crap.
My parents discovered my stash today and now it's out in the living room for all to see. They probably don't know they're mine, but they won't take long to figure it out. They're inevitably going to have questions.
So, I need some advice. How should I handle this?

Sorry can't really offer much except you probably need to be firm but gentle in your explanation that they are yours, they are private and don't have anything to do with anyone else and it's not something that needs to be shared with the world.

I would suggest writing it out first so you can rehearse it and get through your speach without stopping, loosing your nerve or your cool.

Try not to shout or let the situation escalate into conflict.

Only you can know how people will react and probably best to try not put down your own ultimatums or push anyone else's buttons.

- - - Updated - - -

Best of luck of course, will have my fingers crossed this all works out as in reality this is part of you and not anything that actually affects their lives.

Reactions: DavidGB
Don't lie, and remember they will still love you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Depending on how many people live in your house they have already figured out, that they are yours. Maybe they want to give you a chance to come up to them and explain about your stash by letting it sit in the living room.

I would also say it's best to be honest with them and tell them you just like to wear them occasionally. You're still the same person they knew before they discovered your stash and they will still love you.

I hope everything goes well for you.

They are not off to a very good start with this cruel attempt at public shaming. Apparently they expect you to come to them like a supplicant on his knees.

Your parents seem to have all of the sensitivity of a rock. Do not expect much.

You might take the high ground and ask them very calmly what they are trying to prove by displaying your possessions in the living room. Chances are they will come back with something childishly defensive. Stay calm as you are now the adult here.

Kenn said:
They are not off to a very good start with this cruel attempt at public shaming.

Perfectly sums up what I was going to say. Sorry to see you have to deal with such childish behavior from your parents.

(the Evil Me would go rifling through their bedroom when they were gone and leave the dildos/condoms/etc out in the living room the next morning) "How dare you!" "Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking yesterday... terrible thing to do, isn't it?"

Buuuut I don't want to get you kicked out of your house or fan the flames more than necessary, some parents just think they're entitled to do things to people that they'd consider unacceptable to be done to them. Maybe just dreaming of doing that will help calm your mind a bit.

As others have said, it seems your parents have zero sensitivity towards the matter. Just brace for the storm and hope for the best. Our assumptions may be wrongly, but just be prepared for the possible shaming, and a crack between your relationship with them going forward.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The sad thing is they think you can just give it up .
It's that only 0.01% can most have not been able to.
It's saddly there house and rules .

My best thing is to find information that's not negative .
That explains why we ware and why we are not pedophiles and also information on fetishes that they're considered normal.
That's the only thing I can think of that will do it it still may not help but at least they've got information that you picked.
Because I happen to know diapers are first love and when we pleasured our self at that time it became locked in.

Now understand they think their failure they've done something wrong in raising you but it wasn't them just how you turned out.
Essentially you're dealing with the stigma that diapers are for babys so you're fighting all the potty training stuff that they got and you got.
Every one does something feel good some chew their nails some do other things some drink some buy things some eat chocolate.
Wearing diapers is our thing mentally it makes us feel better without drugs or alcohol or anything it takes us to a place where we feel better.
It's not the norm but it's what we're wired to and we are hardwired.
Sadly the more we refrain from it the stronger the urge gets hence the binge and Purge Cycles we go through.

I have been wearing since I was six or seven years old so we're looking at 50 some years and I've tried to give up multiple times.
But that led to depression Suicidal Thoughts I felt dead inside with nothing worth to live for because I had no self-worth for myself.
When I embraced this part of myself and accepted myself then things got better of course I still deal with depression.
But I'm not taking mind altering drugs and stuff I just wear a different type of underwear what's the harm I'm not hurting anybody.
Hey mabey we need a link list so those that are dealing with getting found out.
Can pull up fast the more positive information and print.
It could be a great help .
We have some great computer literate individuals here that are so much better with links and I am.

So, bit of an update.
After doing some thinking, I'm guessing that they put it there because they didn't entirely know what to do with it. They found my stash at night, so I think they just put it there to deal with it later.
I hid my stash again to avoid my siblings finding out.
Also, my parents haven't been treating me any different lately, so either they haven't connected the dots yet or this is a good sign.

Stormtrooper said:
So, bit of an update.
After doing some thinking, I'm guessing that they put it there because they didn't entirely know what to do with it. They found my stash at night, so I think they just put it there to deal with it later.
I hid my stash again to avoid my siblings finding out.
Also, my parents haven't been treating me any different lately, so either they haven't connected the dots yet or this is a good sign.
That must be a relief. One time one of my diapers ended up on my bed. At the time I was stashing a few behind the bed against the wall. My brother-in-law was in our room for something and I think he found them. He never said anything to me but that was kind of scary. But in retrospect, my brother-in-law is pretty accepting as he isn't exactly the most vanilla character I've met. If anything, he would probably be one of my safer bets.

Go get them and put them back into your personal space. When they ask or confront you simply tell them you thought you had them out of their way. If they are hostile you could make comparisons to being on drugs. Do your parents smoke or drink alcohol? Just how perfect are they with their life? These are a comfort and safety item. Not something which is abused. If you are toking the ganga let them find out and confront you on that issue separately if it's important to them. Don't over explain, don't make it into a big deal if they don't. Do you get into their private personal space? Sure, it's their house and they are the boss. If necessary, remind them there are much bigger and more important issues to start family feuds and become judgmental over. Over all, low key and minimize unimportant details. I've been there too. Good luck. Let us know how it turns out.

I would say be honest. I wouldn't ask them to buy you any right now. Possibly see how they react at the beginning and if they are excepting make sure you ask for their rules, as this will allow you all the chance to speak openly. Hope it goes well for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"stash" is so nondescript. just what exactly did they find?

Part of how you respond would center around your age. Are you 18 or 23, etc. At some point you're not really their kid any more but your own person, able to make these kind of decisions for yourself. If they bring it up, and they might not, don't be or feel defensive but rather, be positive, like this is no big deal, and really, it isn't. Some people like other people's shoes, some like underwear. You like diapers. Everyone has something and liking diapers hurts no one. Hang in there and stay cool, calm and collected.

I ended up having to tell my parents, and unfortunately it didn't end too well. They both want me to give up diapers. I did all I could to convince them that it was harmless, but they weren't having it. Neither of them would listen.
Their arguments basically consisted of treating me like a drug addict and "it's gross/unsanitary", "you'll inevitably become incontinent or get a UTI", "why do you have to hide it?", "give it a month and it'll go away" and so on.
They did have actually valid concerns, though, which were what would happen if others found out and how it would affect my chances of getting a girlfriend (because they want grandkids).
For now, I'm just going to lay low until I can get a place of my own.

Stormtrooper said:
I ended up having to tell my parents, and unfortunately it didn't end too well. They both want me to give up diapers. I did all I could to convince them that it was harmless, but they weren't having it. Neither of them would listen.
Their arguments basically consisted of treating me like a drug addict and "it's gross/unsanitary", "you'll inevitably become incontinent or get a UTI", "why do you have to hide it?", "give it a month and it'll go away" and so on.
They did have actually valid concerns, though, which were what would happen if others found out and how it would affect my chances of getting a girlfriend (because they want grandkids).

Sorry to hear that. Now that its out in the open I'd recommend you stay on top of it with your parents.

If anything, iterate you are an adult now and they no longer have the right to dictate what kind of underwear you use. This is something you've wanted for much, much longer than a month too. It is not some phase, and it is not going to go away.

If they still have concerns, volunteer to talk to a therapist about it, but stipulate they will need to accept whatever the therapist says. In today's understanding, 9 times in 10 you'll get one that recognizes diapers don't hurt anyone and if they help you then why not wear them.

Sorry to hear my friend. Don't make it worse for either side. Remember that they care about you.

As far as a wife, if she loves you she will at least try to understand it. I can testify to that as I am getting married to someone who doesn't like the idea either but she knows who I am and my desires.

There is always hope.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Stormtrooper said:

Hey there Trooper, sorry to hear of your trouble. I had followed your thread from the start but did not wish to comment until we had a bigger picture. Right now, you are probably worried, confused, in pain and a few other things. This is an emotional time and caution is your friend as well patience. This is also true for your parents, I can assume they are worried about you, confused about what they found out about their child and possibly feeling like they have done something wrong as parents.

There has been some great advice so far about not over-reacting during this difficult time and will echo that myself. The knee jerk reaction from your parents is understandable, every parent wants their kid to be 'normal' or 'popular, have good health and a happy life. Finding out their child likes to wear diapers must be a bit of a shock for them, they do not understand why their child has this oddity within them. They may be scared about your well-being, it is not a big leap to connect having an odd fetish with mental illness. I know how wrong that is, I know you are not crazy, but your parents could be thinking all sorts of things. You say they have already drawn a connection between drugs and diapers for example.

From what you have explained so far it seems there has been nothing but a negative reaction and they expect you to 'give up' diapers. I do not know how old you but you do need to show a huge amount of maturity right now. As explained earlier in the thread, you need to be very adult about this, which is ironic but very true. I would suggest a technique I call the 'softly, softly' approach, build their knowledge bit by bit, allow them to grow their understanding at a comfortable pace. You mention that you have already tried to explain it does not harm anyone, which is a great start. Now comes the step by step building.

Have you found online articles such as the ones posted here about infantilism? It may help to take a step back from your discussions and build a library of research, articles, books and other resources that would back up your explanations around this side of you. Show them that this is just an odd kink, you are not the only one and you are perfectly sane. Also show them how you can deal with this and still lead a normal life, heck, use this site to show how many folk still have partners who know about this.

As a final point, think about your parents well-being in all of this. Others have mentioned they love you and only want the best for you. Reassure them that you know they are worried and maybe even upset about this new information. Comfort them and do not allow this to create a divide. It is very difficult to open up to our parents when we are young but you have to find the strength. If you do decide to leave it all alone and not bring it up with them again, then I can respect that. All I would say is you can live a life of regret knowing your parents have never truly understood or accepted everything about you or you can see this through and hopefully become closer to your parents by not needing to hide things from them.

Whatever you decide and whatever happens, best of luck and keep us up to date in case we can help further.

Their reaction is a typical if a slightly brusque one. I am sorry. My Mum went ape shit when she found out. And it is the root cause of all my lack of confidence, & my self-loathing today. But we are what we are. I think you have the right idea though. Just lay low, be a robot typical "Yes Sir" bourgeois son until you can get your own place. We'll give you all the support you need. Just because society has shaped you to like wearing, does NOT make you a bad person or "Crazy". In fact, if they want you to see a psychologist, say that you are only too happy to see one. See, the rest of the world doesn't seem to mind sticking God knows what up their back sides for kicks! People don't mind risking death & dirt on a daily basis to reach Diamonds underground! And people don't seem to care about the world's Number 1 Cancer causing chemicals when chomping down on munchy wunchies of cheetos & pringles as long as it is normal & boring. And who's to say you wet them anyway?

What ever you say, what ever you do now that doesn't meet their standards will always be because "He Wears Diapers". Get used to being a disappointment. It gets dumb from here on out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back