• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

New here, and emerging from lurking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seek

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Hello everyone.

Been interested in the DL side of things for quite some time, but have lurked out of general shyness across the net about this. Welp, guess it's about time I made the leap and opened up.

I came here after hearing about ADISC on a website called "Understanding Infantilism", when I was researching about diaper lovers and how it pertained to me. I was quite moved by how open everyone could talk about diaper related things here, and now here I am introducing myself here.

I have yet to get my feet wet with actually having adult diapers on hand, as I am anxious on how to keep things discreet... TBH, I would be absolutely mortified if my mother found out about this interest! What I am interested in the most is the feeling of adult diapers, as for the longest I got a pleasurable experience of something rather puffy and soft around my pelvic area, and would like to see how adult diapers go with this. I guess we all gotta start somewhere, and hopefully becoming part of the community here might help with that. I have my own place by myself, and am not involved in any relationships (yet), so hopefully I can explore this without many issues.

I also am a furry (Though I mainly lurk, not made much interaction on that area), which was part of the reason where my interest in adult diapers came from by browsing things related to diaperfurs.

I lean solely to the DL side of things, so AB stuff is something that doesn't interest me. Not knocking the AB side, as I am very accepting of people interested in that, among other things.

Feel free to ask questions about me, though I am still a bit timid opening up like this.

Hi Seek,
welcome to the group. That's a well written introduction. Could you possibly tell us a little more about your other hobbies and interests outside of being dl/df. Are you working or still in full time education?

you say you live alone, so how is your mother going to find out? A lot of the nappies and pants that are now available for adults are to all intents and purposes silent apart from the tapes.

As for being timid or shy, there is no need to be, we all have an interest in nappies for one reason or another and as a social group we do our best to support everyone although that doesn't mean we always agree with each other :) .

Have a look through the forums and find a few you like and then take part in the threads. At the end of the day the more you put into Adisc the more you will get out of it.

If you need ideas have a look at ADISC Intro, Rules & Tips (link at the top of the page), there is a lot of information there written mainly for newer members.

Welcome again and have fun.

Yes there are a lot of diaper furs out there.
Welcome to the site nice introduction.
There are a lot of furs some of us are babyfurs some DL's one big fur pile.
So have a great time while here.

Thanks all. I understand that we can't all agree on everything, but I value acceptance over all to allow this to not be a problem. As long as it doesn't harm others, why penalize it?
PCBaby said:
you say you live alone, so how is your mother going to find out? A lot of the nappies and pants that are now available for adults are to all intents and purposes silent apart from the tapes.
About that, it's true I have my own place, but I am still getting used to it, as well as all the responsibilities that entail with it. My housekeeping skills really aren't up to par I must admit... Which with the frequent visits from family, she might find the stash so to say, when she looks around to check how well I'm keeping up with things. Also, she's been teaching me how to budget, and if I order some diapers online, she might come across the bank statement...

With all said, she has what's best in mind for me, but the thing that I fear the most is she can be very quick to judge. I'd probably be able to persuade her that it's really not a big deal later on given enough time, but still... The anxiety tends to get to me. I have a rather large fear of judgmentalism and heavy handedness.

We are all fine here as for buying it's easy save your cash get a gift card then buy get a foot locker put books on top part diapers on bottem .
Or hidden compartment box to store stash��

foxkits said:
We are all fine here as for buying it's easy save your cash get a gift card then buy get a foot locker put books on top part diapers on bottem .
Or hidden compartment box to store stash��

Huh, never thought about the gift card thing... Neat trick!

Anyways, I guess it'd be best for me to get involved with the forums to see what kind of diaper would be best for me, as starting out. I actually tried out some pull-ups from the local pharmacy, but not thick enough, heh. Comfort and thickness is something I'd like to shoot for above all.

Welcome to ADISC!

Seek said:
I came here after hearing about ADISC on a website called "Understanding Infantilism", when I was researching about diaper lovers and how it pertained to me.

That is interesting as we have often suggested that people read the articles on the Understanding Infantilism website (http://understanding.infantilism.org/)

Seek said:
Huh, never thought about the gift card thing... Neat trick!

Anyways, I guess it'd be best for me to get involved with the forums to see what kind of diaper would be best for me, as starting out. I actually tried out some pull-ups from the local pharmacy, but not thick enough, heh. Comfort and thickness is something I'd like to shoot for above all.
What kind of diaper are you interested in? Plain, printed, thick, crinkly, absorbent?

if you are after a plain white diaper that is thick and will hold up to 4 litres (nearly a gallon) then try the abena L4's. I use them on my little boy.

PCBaby said:
if you are after a plain white diaper that is thick and will hold up to 4 litres (nearly a gallon) then try the abena L4's. I use them on my little boy.

Wow, you read my mind on the plain white part! The thickness sounds enticing too. Will give those a try. Though, how comfortable are they?

AbdlBrian said:
What kind of diaper are you interested in? Plain, printed, thick, crinkly, absorbent?

Regarding the crinkly aspect, it honestly would not matter if I was going to be doing this while staying home. Though if I were to go out and about, maybe I'd prefer them to not crinkle as much?

As for absorbency, dunno, haven't thought about that, but from what I've seen of others from browsing the forums some, would be willing to experiment with that factor.

Comfort's a biggie too, since it's mostly a tactile thing ATM, the feeling of something soft caressing me... down there is a wonderful feeling.

BabyDenise said:
That is interesting as we have often suggested that people read the articles on the Understanding Infantilism website (http://understanding.infantilism.org/)

Yeah, I can be quite thorough on whatever I set my mind to. I ended up researching this when I determined this would be something I'd want to get into, and then found that website, which referenced ADISC, so here I am. Guess it's a chicken or the egg scenario? :tongueout:

Edit: seems the thing with this message needing to be approved by a moderator got worked out, but all the other posts after it got deleted. How curious.

Last edited:
Hate to double post, but I've learned that if I edit the last post, it'll vanish and I'll have to bother a mod to make it visible again.

Anyways...

PCBaby said:
Where would you recommend ordering some of these from? I live in the USA if that makes any difference. Would like to avoid unnecessary shipping fees if possible.

Next set of questions: Any noticeable differences between the standard and Premium Abri-Form 4? Also, is the price that's listed for a whole case as well instead of a single bag? Am a bit startled by the price tag...

Overall though, I guess it might be best for me to start off with a single bag instead of a whole case, since this is gonna be a fairly new experience.

(I'd quote ya, but I figured the forums will flag any post with a link in it to need approval by a mod, even if it was quoted from someone else... Does that not happened if you're an established contributor?)

I suggest you order sample Diapers from several suppliers until you find the one that fits you best and most important you can trust when wetting in public. I found it very hard to wet in public when I first got into this. I now where them as often as I can.
Welcome
Baby trixie

babytrixie said:
I suggest you order sample Diapers from several suppliers until you find the one that fits you best and most important you can trust when wetting in public. I found it very hard to wet in public when I first got into this. I now where them as often as I can.
Welcome
Baby trixie

Good point on the samples part. Though the website PCBaby linked doesn't indicate anything of samples... Know of a good lead for that by any chance?

Had you scrolled down the pages you would have seen it shows shows the prices per case and how many each bag holds, I don't know if they do samples or allow you to buy single bags I'm in the UK and only searched out a US supplier for you.

PCBaby said:
Had you scrolled down the pages you would have seen it shows shows the prices per case and how many each bag holds, I don't know if they do samples or allow you to buy single bags I'm in the UK and only searched out a US supplier for you.

Ack, seems the price tag only changes when I select a size along with the bag option... Should have toyed with that sooner. Looks more manageable now, but still would like to consider samplers.

This'd probably be a good time to scan the forums for something related to that kind of info.

Edit: Not having any luck with the forum search...

You could also contact the company via e-mail and ask them if they will supply a sample pack for you.

PCBaby said:
You could also contact the company via e-mail and ask them if they will supply a sample pack for you.

That'd probably be worth a shot. But still need to work out the payment and the bank statement issue, as I wouldn't want my mother to start asking what the purchase of incontinence products is about too early... Maybe a PayPal account would work? Be fairly simple to make an excuse that I visited somewhere that'd only take PayPal as payment.

Edit: Strange, no email address... Oh well, at least there's a phone number.

Seek said:
But still need to work out the payment and the bank statement issue, as I wouldn't want my mother to start asking what the purchase of incontinence products is about too early

FYI: Most ABDL places bill under a name that would not be immediately obviously that it sells ABDL items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back