Magnifico question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rescue

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Wondering if someone can help me out here.

I just ordered my first ever pack of Magnifico and im pumped but now Im alittle worried.....

I instinctively ordered Large because thats what I take with MOST other brands as I find the Medium just alittle too snug...

But now, after reading up some more I find the general consensus is that the Medium Magnifico are actually quite Big.

The Sizing chart doesn't make any sense to me either. The S/M goes from 26-46 and the L goes from 36-56.

I am 36 waist... so.... should I have got the medium or will I be ok with the large?

So ill be swimming in these is what your saying...

Bambino size about 1/2 size small from my experience. The magnifico are a bit odd though with the "s/m" or "l/x" size ranges. I did get a bag of S/M to sample and am glad I did because they were waaaay small on me, the lowers reached the front with only 1/2" of front panel to spare. I have a 38" waist but a small gut so I size my uppers at 42" total diameter typically for a comfortable fit. The lowers will always be the problem as they have more ground to cover for several reasons.

At any rate, better to swim in them a bit (you might like it!) than not be able to wear them properly at all.

I am also about a 36 waist and usually wear L/XL with other brands. I can tell you the magnificos do run large. I should have ordered the S/M. the tabs need to overlap a bit for me to get them on correctly.

I have since switched to large diapers due to length issues, but I prefer bambino magnificos in the small / medium range, they do run a little bit bigger.
I am curious though what there large will feel like on me, I like bigger diapers

I have about a 33" waist and sampled both the medium and large Bianco Stretch (printless Magnificos) and had no problem with either of them. If I was only wearing at night, I would have purchased the large, but decided on the medium since I was wearing 24/7 and was concerned about the potential "exposure" of wearing large.

Now I'm gona order a sample of larges

Rescue said:
So ill be swimming in these is what your saying...

Lol, diapers are supposed to feel big on you. They are diapers, not underwear.

I have a 37" waist and 27" rise. I was wearing the L/XL and decided to give the S/M a try. D'oh! They were usable, but didn't come up quite far enough to really hang well on my hips. Back to the L/XL, which comes up well past my belly button. :-/ That's the trouble with this two-size scheme. Three sizes is coarse enough.

Why are these things so damn expensive? I really want to try the plain white version but I can't justify #3.25 per diaper. That's insane. $130 for 40 diapers?

I'm always looking for a newer better diaper for my IC, but at 4-5 diapers a day I'd have to mortgage my house to switch to them.

MassIncon said:
Why are these things so damn expensive? I really want to try the plain white version but I can't justify #3.25 per diaper. That's insane. $130 for 40 diapers?

I'm always looking for a newer better diaper for my IC, but at 4-5 diapers a day I'd have to mortgage my house to switch to them.

Putting it quite bluntly, the Magnifico is NOT made for the incontinent's market, at least not for continuous wear. Maybe for overnight, or for sleepovers, or for road trips. Or concerts, or some other special occasions where you can justify spending a lot more for a much higher capacity, longer comfortable wear than your usual diaper.

I'd expect most incontinent (and 24/7 DLs) would have a variety of diapers worked out like I do, with a stack of daytime/work diapers that are economical and okay quality, some even cheaper alternatives for evening/around the house/weekend wear where leaks aren't so much of a problem and changes may be more frequent, diapers specifically for overnight with greater capacity but that don't need to hold up to active wear, and some "premiums" for special needs cases as described above? Of course it's easier/simpler to just stock one or maybe two kinds of diapers, but if you want to optimize the best results from the lowest cost, you really have to stock a variety.

But a more direct answer to your question of "Why are these things so damn expensive?"... "Because people are willing to pay that much for them." Not necessarily you, but someone else. Stuff's "priced to sell", and they will adjust their price so at the end of the month they've made the most money. If that means lowering the price, OR raising the price, that's what they do. If you cut your price in half and your sales double, but your overhead goes up as a result, you're netting less at the end of the month. If you double your price and sales are halved, but your overhead drops, you're netting more. Hold a 15% off sale and get a 35% boost in sales and the volume easily overcomes the discount and overhead. Figuring out where the "sweet spot" in pricing is, that's why the bean counters make big money.

On a side-note, I personally would NOT want to wear magnifico 24/7 even if I had a free lifetime supply. They're much too thick for me to wear during the day at work, and sometimes I just want something thinner or with a smoother feel or different look. I'm sure even you have your times you'd rather wear something thinner for awhile even though it means more changes.

Well the package arrived and the verdict is in....

Should have went with S/M ... frig

They still fit but the tapes pretty much touch so I dont get the full effect of the stretch sides. Darn it

Rescue said:
Well the package arrived and the verdict is in....

Should have went with S/M ... frig

They still fit but the tapes pretty much touch so I dont get the full effect of the stretch sides. Darn it

Give the wings a good stretch and overlap the wings as I do. The tapes of the top wing will attach well to the underlying wing or tapes with no problem.

Well this is just frustrating. I turned around and ordered a pack of of S/M and they are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to small. Not even remotely close. Apparently I am some freak inbetween size when it comes to these bad boys.

Anyone want 9 S/M Magnificos at a cheap price?

Rescue said:
Well this is just frustrating. I turned around and ordered a pack of of S/M and they are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to small. Not even remotely close.?

Well at least it's only a pack and not a case, right? Yeah, Bambino have always measured on the small side of the fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back