Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Infant potty training (Your thoughts)

Default Infant potty training (Your thoughts)

I am posting this here because this has nothing to do with our fetish.

Has anyone ever heard of this? What do you think of it?

I used to think people who do it are crazy because how do you expect an infant to know how to hold it if their bladders or bowels aren't even developed for them to be able to hold it and they can't even walk yet?

Well I found out how wrong I was. I read infants are aware of their bodily functions at birth just like all baby animals but they don't have the cognitive ability to know where to go and tell their parents they need to go. So they do have control I read but we basically train them to go in their diapers so they have to re learn it when they are older when we potty train them.
    When an infant feels they have to go, they wriggle and squirm because they don't want to get it on themselves. So the parents are supposed to take them to the potty or hold them over the sink for them to go and you praise them so they learn that is where they are supposed to go.

I read that is what they did in the olden days. They used to hold them over a pot or something till they went, Native Americans kept them in something they carried their babies in. I don't know what they are called. In some parts of the world, mothers do infant potty training and that is in Africa and Asia. When the baby has to go, they take their child to the pot or something and let them go. They just watch for the signs their baby shows when they have to go.

In our country, few mothers do infant potty training. I read in a mother's blog that it is socially unacceptable to take out the infant potty and undo your baby's pants and onesie and take off their diaper and put them on the pot. She did that on the airplane and people around her complained and even complained to a flight attendant so she came up to the mother and told her she has to do that in the bathroom. So the mother gets up and takes her baby to the back of the airplane but there is a line so she waits. Then she ended up changing a dirty diaper because her baby couldn't hold it that long.

Diapers were intended for in the first place to catch accidents. I also read lot of mothers did infant potty training in the early 1900's. I do know kids were potty trained at a younger age than they are today. Now the average seems to be 3 or 4 years old. I see bigger diapers in stores, bigger pull ups so either bigger babies or kids are just being potty trained at a later age so parents asked for bigger diapers to be made for their kids.

So I guess when people claim they were potty trained at birth or when they were six months or four months, they aren't lying then or trolling. They just used the bathroom starting at that age because their parents brought them to the pot to go even if they still wore diapers for in case of accidents.

I remember a guy claimed on another forum he was potty trained at birth because he hated getting poop and pee on himself. I thought he was a troll but now I realize he may have been telling the truth and his parents probably did infant potty training right after he was born. Yes newborns can use the potty too, they are aware of their bodily functions. I read you can start from birth to six months.

But it does sound like a nuisance, taking your baby to the potty every 20 minutes, watching your baby every single minute just to watch for signs when they need to go, and what about when you are on the road? You can't watch your baby as you are watching the road. If be pretty hard for your partner or spouse to reach in the back seat and unstrap your baby and bring him/her up front with the pot for them to go. It be annoying for me to have to pull my car over every 20 minutes so I can have my baby go and I doubt my child would be able to hold it that long if I waited to stop at a rest area. So that's what I call emergencies for using diapers on babies.

You would have to watch for the signs all the time which could come every 5 mins or so. Personally I'd rather do diaper changes then watch my child constantly in case they have to do something. but if other people want to do it then they can be mocked for the lengths they are willing to go to, in effort to avoid changing a diaper.

Darkfinn

Folks... diapers are all about social continence it works the same for kids as it does for incontinent adults. If you can't hold it long enough to get to a socially acceptable place and do your business (the bathroom)... you wear a diaper. It's that simple.

The same thing could be said about breastfeeding in public. I don't care if it is the most natural thing in the world... it is not socially acceptable. Man invented the breast pump and the bottle for a reason.

FullMetal

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    The same thing could be said about breastfeeding in public. I don't care if it is the most natural thing in the world... it is not socially acceptable. Man invented the breast pump and the bottle for a reason.
    You went off a bit of a tangent there. But I would like to know, since I do not think that public breast feeding is wrong, why you think that? Maybe we should open a new thread, but I am just curious.

FullMetal

Darkfinn

I believe I explained it... it is just not socially acceptable. There are a lot of things that aren't "socially acceptable"... and it may not make any sense to us... but that's just the way it is.

For these same reasons we don't go out in public in our AB garb either.

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetal View Post
    You went off a bit of a tangent there. But I would like to know, since I do not think that public breast feeding is wrong, why you think that? Maybe we should open a new thread, but I am just curious.

FullMetal

That's why women put blankets over their shoulder and their baby when they nurse.

First off: women...

Second, as far as the bigger diapers/pull-ups go, I don't think it's so much that kids are being potty trained later, but rather, kids in general are getting fatter. Even the little ones.

I think Infant Potty Training should be done only when its convenient. If your near a bathroom its fine, but if your in the car or on a plain, just let them do it in there diaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    I believe I explained it... it is just not socially acceptable. There are a lot of things that aren't "socially acceptable"... and it may not make any sense to us... but that's just the way it is.

For these same reasons we don't go out in public in our AB garb either.
    Had to laugh, man, had to laugh. It may be socialy unacceptable in Americaland, but up north it's socialy acceptable. Breast feeding is a very natural thing, and is seen as such in Canada. Women are allowed to breast feed their babies in public and no one cares: if the baby is hungry - feed it! The mother would find it insulting to have to go in some back room or bathroom stall to feed their baby. Could it be that something is socially unacceptable because your society makes it that way?

In fact, women are legally allowed to walk around naked from the waist up here in Ontario. If men can do it, why can't women? It's technicaly the same organ, expect hers is bigger and produces milk. Should man-boobs be covered up at the beach?

^^^^
    That is very true i have always wondered that then i started to realize that they are considered private parts in america and you can't do that