Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk, I would love to meet the woman of my dreams, and I would hope one day I'm blessed enough to have children.
Providing that my children don't show any medical related issues with using the bathroom, I would be the dad making siren noises to rush a child to the bathroom if they needed to go and verbally said so, that's part of potty training and raising a kid.
No fault if you don't make it, and def no fault if there's a medical issue, it's just part of growing up and when I read these posts of a kid announcing to there parent they need to go and are told to use your pants, it's sickening to me.

BUMP

Seriously though can we all please stay on topic we were getting a little bit off topic there for awhile is all I am saying.

I have on several occasions because i have worked in retail for over 20 years
I feel sorry for the kids
most of the parents act like it's no big deal

I remember going to a children's clothing store with my mother when I was 5 or 6 to buy plastic pants for my bedwetting. They were not on display so my mother had to ask the salesperson to get them out. She must have known before hand this store carried larger size plastic pants. I don't recall being embarrassed at the time but in hindsight I must have been. I assume my mother could have bought these without me just based on my age and weight, so I suspect she intended to embarrass me as incentive to stop bedwetting.

Back in 1985 I think when pampers we're thick I was in an Albertsons with my mom.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

We went down the diaper is isle and there was an about a 7 year old kid. And I knew he was in diapers because of the crinkle noise and thick padding under his pants. And the way they stuck out of his pants. His mom was buying several packages of pampers and luvs for him and baby wipes.

I'm assuming he wasn't pottytrained. She treated him like he was too

lamando said:
I'm assuming he wasn't pottytrained. She treated him like he was too

Could have been disabled. Autistic maybe. Mid-level autism is commonly associated with difficulty in speech and toilet training, while progressing fairly normally with mobility.

This might be only somewhat related to the topic...but it's something I've noticed with a frequency at my workplace that I don't see being mere coincidence anymore.

I work in an area where the nature of what I do demands that I see a massive amount of different parcels/packages and whatnot that people ship all over the world. People shipping diapers is not at all uncommon, but more and more I've been noticing a HUGE uptick in how many 'Size 7' diapers I see being shipped around.

We process millions of packages daily at my workplace, and I'm pretty confident in saying that---of all the boxes of diapers I've seen shipped that are very obviously diapers, at LEAST 50% of them have been size 7.

Now, this may just be because size 7 is harder to find in stores...but it still blows me away just how many different people still order them regularly.

Dan09 said:
This might be only somewhat related to the topic...but it's something I've noticed with a frequency at my workplace that I don't see being mere coincidence anymore.

I work in an area where the nature of what I do demands that I see a massive amount of different parcels/packages and whatnot that people ship all over the world. People shipping diapers is not at all uncommon, but more and more I've been noticing a HUGE uptick in how many 'Size 7' diapers I see being shipped around.

We process millions of packages daily at my workplace, and I'm pretty confident in saying that---of all the boxes of diapers I've seen shipped that are very obviously diapers, at LEAST 50% of them have been size 7.

Now, this may just be because size 7 is harder to find in stores...but it still blows me away just how many different people still order them regularly.

gee, i wish there had been a size 7 when i waz a kid. my cousin and i could have really used them.

I used to work in a supermarket so I have seen this a few times, sometimes I would hear conversations of parents having to buy bedwetting pull ups like Goodnites or sometimes it was diapers for children who were like 4 or 5 years old.

Spaz said:
As soon as we got in the store I heard the boy, who was probably 5 or 6, say "I've got to go potty" to his mom and start heading toward the rest rooms at the front of the store. His mom instantly steered him back to her and said in a straight forward matter of fact way "use your diaper, that's what it's for, we're in a hurry." He took one glance at the restrooms and hurried to catch up to his mom and sister. At the time, I thought jeez, what happened to strict toilet training principles

I have noticed this quite a lot since I have moved over to the USA, seems to happen a lot more here than back home in the UK. I have not witnessed any conversations between parents and their kids. But I have spotted the odd few now and again where it was clearly obvious that they were wearing "at an older age". I was in a supermarket yesterday and saw a girl that appeared to be fairly grown up, I would say 4 at least. But I suppose it could be a convenience thing like mentioned, or I thought if they kiddies fell asleep in the car etc it they may have just worn as a safeguard incase of an accident.

I see this all the time... I help families of children who are 3 years and older... granted they must be low income, child must have a medical/developmental need to qualify for this program and unfortunately straight bed-wetting is not a medical condition until age 18 in the states eyes. I work as a special needs navigator... i think its becoming less taboo to have kids in diaper/pull-ups here in the states. then there is of course all the extra diapers and pull-ups we give away here, we take donation form families who have over stocks of supplies and donate them back into the community help help local families though local FB buy nothing groups and CL mainly the whole time searching for medically needy families ;)

I 've seen this before also 7 year old still in daytime diapers. Mom buying diapers for him. Diapers évén sticking out of his pants.

Once. I was in the diaper aisle grabbing some more Goodnites and there was a Mom and probably a 6yr old on tow. She put a box of Pull Ups into her shopping cart and told her daughter that this is the last box of Pull Ups I'm ever buying so you better figure it out and start using the potty.

Slomo said:
Not something I look for, but just staying observant. I've seen plenty of times going through the store where I might see a pack of goodnites in the cart with a kid in tow. Also older adults with a pack of depends (or whatever) in their cart.

I'm fairly certain that diapers after the age of three are becoming more and more acceptable by society as a whole. People aren't trying as hard to hide or outright deny diapers when they are needed. Still a long way to go for diapers when wanted though.

I've frequently seen the pack of goodnites in the cart with 6-9 year olds in tow while shopping. I think a big part of it is how much the family tries to hide it. For many that I've seen they treat it as any other shopping item: find the item, put it in the cart.

i check out the diaper section at walmart on weekends when picking up other things. by late afternoon the goodnites area is pretty bare. i would guess there are a bunch of 6 to 9 year olds thatwere towed behind a cart with their diapers in it every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back