How can I make myself sleep when I'm too excited for my delivery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I've ordered some great stuff online but I'm defiantly not going to able to sleep tonight, I know it's ok to not sleep occasionally but for 3 days now for other reasons I have not had a good night sleep and I really do need to sleep before I make myself ill.

How do you guys make yourselves sleep the night before an exciting delivery?
I've got sleeping pills to take tonight but I don't think that will be enough.

I've heard physical excerise before bed keeps you more awake. Plus I feel too tired to do that right now

I'm taking the herbal ones, I'm using kalms

Melatonin.

better start counting those sheep then..... No I am only kidding unless you try it and it actually works well good and best of luck to you.

Read a college text book!

I did sleep last night, I was quite tired and I took the tablets. I found I didn't think much about my delivery when I convinced myself I couldn't actually play with the delivery, I could only wear it and told myself it was coming on a different day.

There is a trick I use that I read in a book, and it actually works for me every time:

Picture a tree. You have to take this seriously and slowly, step by step. See the tree in your mind from a distance. Enjoy looking at it; examine it. Notice its composition, its setting, etc. If it is in woods, you may need to journey to it before doing this. Once you know the tree, examine it slowly and specifically from the root system--as far from the tree as you can discern its roots--to the trunk (what is it like? how does it feel? how wide is it? is it a single trunk of a split one? etc.) up to branches (can you climb up? do so... how does that feel? is there wind? is it flowering? are there leaves? what do they look like?) as high as you can go, to the outermost reaches of the tree...

I have never gotten higher than the part where the branches split from the trunk before falling asleep.

A note: I'm a writer and a theatre person, but I have never been good at visualizing. That's one reason I write: to create the visuals my mind can't. If I can do this, I think anyone can.

hot milk and a spoon of honey

So how did it go, what worked for you?

I did sleep ok, I woke up about 4 in the morning but fell back asleep in about 15 minutes

- - - Updated - - -

Got the parcel and now I'm relaxing in my brand new onesie, pacifier and first ABDL diaper ever!

i frequently have sleeping problems due to chemo added to my problems falling asleep problems now it is insomnia all around so my doctor put me on 100mg terazidone before bed just so i have a shot at sleeping and Friday and Saturday nights i also take a 1mg ativan with the 100mg of terazidone and also on nights where i will not be driving the next day so i can sleep other wise i will go 3 or 4 days with no sleep and that's when my i start to have a break down so my doctor heavily medicates me so i will sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back