Thread: Diaper Rashes.

Default Diaper Rashes.

Does anyone here get frequent diaper rashes? How serious are they? What do you do to cure them?

I don't but having had children, we always used Desitan cream. It comes in a tube and is very thick. I think it would work as fast on diaper rash as anything. Diaper rash is usually caused by having a wet or messy diaper on too long. The ammonia from urine breaks down the skin. You might want to use baby cream or powder before putting on your diaper. I use Johnson's baby cream. It works very well, and it feels and smells good.

I use both cloth and disposables and very often sleep in a wet one. I have never had a diaper rash. With disposables I sometimes get a dry skin thing on my inner thighs that a little hand cream clears right up. I think it's because I tend to wear them very tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    The most effective treatment, although not always the most practical one, is to discontinue use of diapers, allowing the affected skin to air out.
    The rash is a breakdown of the skin cells around the diaper area and is commonly caused by prolonged exposure to feces or a pH imbalance from sitting in a wet diaper for too long.

Many of the more expensive diaper brands will neutralize the pH level of urine so that it's not as harsh on the skin. What brand are you using?

Let you bottom air by not wearing another diaper or put rash cream on it before you put on another diaper. That makes them go away because it protects it from the wetness.