Questions for users with IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

sourcreamandchives

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi, I hope my questions for people with IC do not offend anyone by me for asking but seeing as I'm very curious I will ask anyways. I apologize in advance.

I know this can be an embarrassing topic but for those who's been in a hospital before, can anyone tell me how do doctors take urine or fecal samples for people with one or both types of incontinence? E.g. doctors visit. That is when not using some sort of catheter of course...

Another question is for the matter of fecal incontinence, are bowel movements always soft or runny?

and what's it like for people with heavy incontinence when your bladder empties, does it stream out or dribble...if you've ever noticed it. Also is there any cases when someone's bladder becomes full and be IC at the same time?

Gee, I guess there's really no way of avoiding the catheter huh?

I collect my urine sample the night before I have an appointment. Never had an issue with doing it this way either. Alternatively, I will need to be cathed (if they even can), cap it and wait 30+ minutes, then they can take a sample.

I've never had to give a poop sample either, even when I was having massive bowel problems.

edit: Oh, and try drinking ferment milk called "keifer". It has lost of probiotics in it which always help stabilise my bowels after a round of antibiotics.

Giving a poop sample is simple. When I had to before they gave me a kit that included a paper bowl inside the toilet. I deficated into the hat, and then had to scoop some into a vial amd then send it back to my Dr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back