A quick question about HRT and transitioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

leboj

Banned
Well obviously you know I'm a trans-girl just curious how long does it take for the changes to appear once you start hormones?

I've got a gender therapist now, and my journey begins. ;)

It varies, I agree with that.

For my experience, it took me about 3 months to notice the changes. However, it is slow so be patient. After a year, it's more obvious and noticeable changes at that point. I started my journey a decade ago. Enjoy your journey to your true self and more happier times ahead for you. :)

Everyone above is correct: YMMV. But you are starting at 19, so there is a strong chance that when changes do begin they will be pretty noticeable. I started at 40 (damn) and I still had some significant changes. As to feelings, though, I swear I started feeling different almost as soon as I started on estrogen and androgen blockers. It was as if my brain, having spent a lifetime being given the wrong food, was suddenly fed the right stuff and leapt in joy and said "THAT'S what it's supposed to be!" :)

the brain part was like in days of starting. OMG it was so nice... things made so much sense ^^

I did a little research on castration, the fastest anti-androgen procedure, and got to a couple of pages which showed an actual castration being performed which was icky pooh. On the other hand there's a web community of eunuchs. They write about a mental state they call The Eunuch Calm.
The operating principle is no androgens. I can achieve a close(r) state of calm by taking about 4 times the normal dose for girls-by-birth of progesterone/estrogen phyto equivalents. The best I have on that is called kwao krua, which comes from southeast asia. My breasts swell when I do that. And I have a lot less body hair, which wasn't much to begin with but it is so very noticeable.

I tried kwao krua (which I knew as pueraria mirifica) but it pretty consistently made me feel sick to my stomach and so was hard to take regularly. I also experienced an 'out of it' state, just generally hard to focus, as if I hadn't slept in a while. For anyone going this route, just be aware there may be some unpleasant side effects. For me it was a deal breaker, as much as I sincerely wanted to see how well it would work.

- - - Updated - - -

LittleSissieJolie said:
I did a little research on castration, the fastest anti-androgen procedure, and got to a couple of pages which showed an actual castration being performed which was icky pooh. On the other hand there's a web community of eunuchs. They write about a mental state they call The Eunuch Calm.
The operating principle is no androgens. I can achieve a close(r) state of calm by taking about 4 times the normal dose for girls-by-birth of progesterone/estrogen phyto equivalents. The best I have on that is called kwao krua, which comes from southeast asia. My breasts swell when I do that. And I have a lot less body hair, which wasn't much to begin with but it is so very noticeable.

Meant to reply as quote to LittleSissieJolie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back