Thread: Happy Computer

Default Happy Computer

I got bored and decided to make a little prank for a friend. What do you think?

*removed link*

Also, if your computer's disk drive can't open and close on it's own, some of this might not work.

Linking to a (for us) random exe isn't something really appreciated.
    Last edited by Martin; 12-Apr-2009 at 07:20. Reason: See mod note.

Error404

Quote Originally Posted by Wegs View Post
    I got bored and decided to make a little prank for a friend. What do you think?

*removed link*

Also, if your computer's disk drive can't open and close on it's own, some of this might not work.
    Erm, yeaaaaaaaah...A random .exe file from someone we don't know all that well? Don't mind me but I really don't know you enough for this one.
    Last edited by Martin; 12-Apr-2009 at 07:20. Reason: Edited quoted post

Quote Originally Posted by Error404 View Post
    Erm, yeaaaaaaaah...A random .exe file from someone we don't know all that well? Don't mind me but I really don't know you enough for this one.
    My thoughts exactly...

Sorry. Guess I didn't think it through.
    It's just a joke file. I just thought some of you might get a kick out of it.

I'm not going to touch that with a ten foot pole. Even if MM3 posted a topic like this I wouldn't download a file he offered me and he's pretty much the resident geek.

I did download that file, and as a precaution, I used wine under ubuntu. If it was a virus (which after trying it, I found it not to be); it wouldn't work properly, if at all. All went smoothly. So back in windows, it works as it should: harmlessly and humorously.

All in all, nice one wegs.

Everyone, it is safe.
    Last edited by Entity; 12-Apr-2009 at 05:30. Reason: grammer

FullMetal

I do not think my mac can open it?

FullMetal

Ouch. Random executable link? That's generally a huge no-no in teh internets. Usually -- your case or not -- people see that and go "ZOMG VIRUS".

Words of the wise: never download a stray file, no matter the file extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Entity' View Post
    I did download that file, and as a precaution, I used wine under ubuntu. If it was a virus (which after trying it, I found it not to be); it wouldn't work properly, if at all. All went smoothly. So back in windows, it works as it should: harmlessly and humorously.

All in all, nice one wegs.

Everyone, it is safe.
    Not a virus. It was just a joke thing I made to mess with one of my friends. Thanks for at least trying it Entity'.