Not open for further replies.

Nayfin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
Hey everyone! Hope you're all well. Been awhile since I last logged on but I'm still alive and doing well.

So one of my best friends is having a baby due December time, I want to surprise her with two gifts, one that's cute and one that's really useful but I'm thinking I can fill two needs with one deed:

A diaper genie! Or pail. Whatever you wanna call it. So I'd like to get her one of those as they can be handy. Now my friend knows I wear diapers and she's more than happy to let me wear them in her home. So maybe it's possible to use diaper pails for both adults and babies? Now I know there are ones made for adults that kids can use as well; but they're highly expensive.

Anyone got any ideas or recommendations?

Thanks!

I have a light blue Dekor Plus that I really enjoy. The refills can be found on eBay, etc., and are reasonably priced, and the diaper pail itself just looks nice. The pail handles adult diapers without difficulty. Have fun!

Just go out and buy a good kitchen trash can that has a lid on it. As a plus, make sure it has a step lever to open the lid.

Yeah, I bought a diaper genie for myself a couple years ago and was not impressed, I could barely get a folded tight depend through it, never mind a real diaper like a space or little paws.
I use a good garbage can with a lid. I find it funny that most new parent will go out and buy all these accessories and by the time the kid is either 2yrs old, or they have a second kid they don't use half the stuff, like a diaper genie.

Yeah it seems it's only worth it if you get an expensive one like a Dekor Plus. I saw one for adults that could hold 30 adult diapers and about 120 baby diapers. I was gonna give her the pail and then take it for myself after the baby was old enough. But yeah I'm not paying that amount of money for it.

pampers4U said:
Yeah, I bought a diaper genie for myself a couple years ago and was not impressed, I could barely get a folded tight depend through it, never mind a real diaper like a space or little paws.
I use a good garbage can with a lid. I find it funny that most new parent will go out and buy all these accessories and by the time the kid is either 2yrs old, or they have a second kid they don't use half the stuff, like a diaper genie.

We had a diaper genie when our kids were little. We loved it. Tried to find one like we had for a baby shower a few years ago and found out they don't make them in that style anymore.

For infants the DG works well. My daughter uses one and my brother went through two (we bought him the second as a gift). I even had one in my closet for my diapers. All were the DIaper Genie Elite model. A baby diaper isn't a problem, but if you cram into an over full one, it can break the thing. I fixed mine twice by reversing some of the plastic parts (it at least is entirely assembled with screws and snap together parts). I wouldn't hesitate for a family with a baby who will be using disposables.

I've got a Dekor now. In someways it's better than the Genie (bigger mouth at least) and some ways it's worth (the odor sealing is not as effective). The nice thing about the dekor is I ditched their silly continuous bags and just use a normal 13 gal kitchen trash bag which works better and is easier to dispose of and obviously cheaper.

​I use a modified one for my own adult diapers.

Thank you everyone. I use a regular bin with black bin bags usually. I'd love a Dekor but yeah the expense is too much for me right now.

Nayfin said:
I was gonna give her the pail and then take it for myself after the baby was old enough.

Not sure what kind of friendship you guys have going on, but you were going to ask for it back later? What if she was planning on having another kid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back