Not open for further replies.

KimbaFoxNatsume

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I don't think I've ever mentioned here before that I once saw an unidentified flying object, about five or six years ago.

Three round, orange lights, flying in a sideways-triangle pattern. By the time I'd gotten the camera, they'd disappeared behind my neighbor's trees.

Yes, I believe extraterrestrial life most likely exists.

I'm very much an ET believer, but I'm much more skeptical when it comes to the question of whether they've visited Earth. Put another way: I believe in UFOs, but I suspect they generally have terrestrial origins.

I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist either, but a small part of me does worry that, when ETs are inevitably discovered, the information will be kept from us, largely to placate religious and other conservative political groups. Ironically, to me--a pantheist/naturalist/spiritual-but-not-religious kind of guy--finding out ETs were real would be a profoundly spiritual experience for me. I think I'd feel a much deeper connection with the universe than I currently do, marooned on this small cosmic island of ours.

I find it highly unlikely that we have ever played host to extraterrestrial visitors, but I have also seen a UFO. And to me that word means exactly what the initialism stands for "unidentified flying object." The moment you identify something as an alien space craft, well, it isn't exactly unidentified, is it?

Anyway; I was walking to school one morning when I saw what I thought was a black frisbee fly over the roof of a house. It proceeded to pass over my head, revealing a rotating yellow ring on its underside with rectangular slats cut into it. It continued flying until it was near the opposite horizon, the abruptly bolted into the sky at an odd angle. It was at that point I thought, "Okay, not a frisbee."

At the time I was an ardent believer in alien myths, but despite my experiences I now find myself very skeptical.

Not sure if I've ever seen a UFO (I probably have) but I have heard one. When I was a kid I heard a jet engine like noise going over my house then a few minutes later it went back over my house. While it could have been a fighter jet flying low and fast (like really low) I don't think it was, didn't sound like a fighter jet engine.

I also do believe there is life out there somewhere...

Cottontail said:
I'm very much an ET believer, but I'm much more skeptical when it comes to the question of whether they've visited Earth. Put another way: I believe in UFOs, but I suspect they generally have terrestrial origins.

I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist either, but a small part of me does worry that, when ETs are inevitably discovered, the information will be kept from us, largely to placate religious and other conservative political groups. Ironically, to me--a pantheist/naturalist/spiritual-but-not-religious kind of guy--finding out ETs were real would be a profoundly spiritual experience for me. I think I'd feel a much deeper connection with the universe than I currently do, marooned on this small cosmic island of ours.

I personally think proof, or near proof, of alien life has already been found and the government is hiding it from us. Take Roswell, for example. I've seen a lot of UFO documentaries over the years.

I suppose someone has to say it...

Of course I believe in Unidentified Flying Objects because not every flying object has been identified! XD

OK, that out of the way, I seriously do believe there are occasionally legitimate sightings of aircraft with capabilities beyond what is commonly understood for them to have. I can't say whether they are terrestrial in origin or not; probably they are at least sometimes. I will say that it would honestly surprise me if we, as a species or as a class of beings belonging to Earth, were as alone and isolated in the universe as we appear to be. But that's just my opinion.

I've seen a UFO once myself, but not as spectacular as what you've described. I have a theory or two about what I saw might have been... basically it looked like a very bright star in the evening sky (prior to dusk). It never moved but slowly changed colors, and hit every color of the rainbow in no particular order. After a few minutes it just disappeared. o.o

EDIT:

Having said that, I certainly don't mean to imply that we should behave as if we are not on our own, regardless. Pink Floyd - Marooned

I remember about 15 years ago I saw a UFO, and was absolutely shocked. It glowed bright orange and seemed to move effortlessly. I'd never seen anything like it. I was absolutely mystified. About ten minutes later I saw another one... then another... this time much bigger and/or closer... And then I realised they were Chinese lanterns. It was the first time I'd seen them.

I reckon the three orange lights described in the OP sound a lot like Chinese lanterns too.

Given the vast scale of the known universe, I am convinced that alien lifeforms exist on other planets. That being said, I seriously doubt that alien spacecraft have ever visited the Earth.

tiny said:
I remember about 15 years ago I saw a UFO, and was absolutely shocked. It glowed bright orange and seemed to move effortlessly. I'd never seen anything like it. I was absolutely mystified. About ten minutes later I saw another one... then another... this time much bigger and/or closer... And then I realised they were Chinese lanterns. It was the first time I'd seen them.

I reckon the three orange lights described in the OP sound a lot like Chinese lanterns too.

I'm not so sure, however, that Chinese lanterns would fly together in a triangle pattern.

As a side note, I don't understand how Chinese lanterns don't catch everything on fire...

I've had a couple of interesting experiences with UFO's over the years.

Let's start with the first incident:

I was roughly about 12 years old and was sitting in class doing school work. My desk at the time faced the window and I had looked up to see an oval metallic object streak across the sky. It wasn't a plane or a helicopter that much I know.

Fast forward a year later, it was the dead of winter and some friends and I trekked up to the local woods on the edge of town. We were having as much fun as a group of young teenage boys could at the time (AKA smoking cigarettes). A friend of mine had stopped and was looking up, he stopped us all and said "Look!" Up in the sky to my amazement was a large Triangular shaped object, it had a light on each of it's 3 corners and several lights in the center of it. It spun counter clockwise before it shot off without making a single sound.

Another incident that happened a few years ago goes as follows. I was walking home from a friend's house fairly late at night, I ran into another friend and his brother so I decided to hang out with them for a while as it was a nice warm summer night. We talked for a while and then started to head up towards where I live, my friend's brother stopped to take a leak on the side of the road. I looked up into the sky and saw 2 yellow Missile like objects streak across the sky before they exploded in a massive white flash. I don't know what the hell it was, and it really confuses me to this day.

The last incident I can remember clearly happened two years ago. I was coming home from playing Frisbee at the track with a group of friends, I had just said goodbye to my best friend Anthony and was about to make the two or three minute walk up the road to my place when I was stopped by an older gentlemen. The incident went as followed: "Hey! What's that up there?" *points at the sky* I followed his gaze and my jaw fell open. A bright orange object was making pretty elaborate aerial maneuvers that would be rather hard to pull off in something other than a fighter jet. It was completely silent and I know for a fact that it wasn't a chinese lantern or something like that.

We've had police officers here in Virginia report UFOs so one has to wonder just what is going on. The only weird outer space alien I've met is my brother in law.

Back in the summer of 1970 a college friend and I took a road trip to the Florida Keys for summer vacation scuba diving. One night on the return trip home, lying on our backs admiring the phenomenal starscape we noticed a slowly moving object way up which appeared to be visible only due to the sun's reflection. Of course it caught both of our attention as it was the only thing moving. We independently thought that it was a satellite until it slowed to a stop - then took a sharp right angle turn - then blurred in acceleration. The blurring was not smooth, almost like stutter with distortion and increasing distance between "frames". It quickly disappeared, possibly due to entering the earth's shadow - or something else entirely.

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
I don't think I've ever mentioned here before that I once saw an unidentified flying object, about five or six years ago.

Three round, orange lights, flying in a sideways-triangle pattern. By the time I'd gotten the camera, they'd disappeared behind my neighbor's trees.

Yes, I believe extraterrestrial life most likely exists.

That's probably just the aircraft our military created after reverse engineering the roswell crashed ship.

I saw two UFOs last year, but they weren't very remarkable. I don't want to go into detail in a public post, though there's not a lot to say, either. I think it's possible they were alien, but probably not. If they were something unusual, then more likely some sort of experimental aircraft. Anyway, I do think aliens have been here, but it would be nice to have undeniable proof.

Never saw one...but I believe there are other life forms out there. Not so long ago we didn't know whether water was existing on any other planet. It was supposed to be the big break-through when we found out. When we did nothing happened. It wasn't the day after we found out there was water on another planet. It was just a regular day.
I think if we found out there is another life form (maybe receiving a radio signal) it wouldn't be a huge deal either. We wouldn't be able to really contact them due to the time it takes for a signal to reach another system and we certainly don't have the means to space travel there. So we would just know there is at least 1 other life form out there (or was, depending on how long the signal was out there) but we couldn't interact with them. This would change nothing...kinda sad, don't you think?
And when they openly visit, hey, that's another deal. But let's hope their intentions are peaceful.

I believe in ufo's aliens etc
too think were the only life our vast universe is arrogant and stupid

As much as I'm interested in the search for extraterrestrial life, exoplanets and the like, I think the chances of advanced alien visitation are remote at best, as the distances involved are just too great. I've seen a few things I couldn't readily identify, but the more I've investigated over the years, the more likely I think it is that the vast majority of sightings are simple misidentification and/or wishful thinking on behalf of the observer. I can believe there are sometimes niche or secret test vehicles out and about, but I don't think they're reversed engineered alien craft and suchlike. It's a romantic idea, but unlikely. Certainly doesn't hurt Governments to allow that notion to take hold, as it diverts attention from genuine black projects. I suspect many sightings are planted precisely to steer curious minds away from what's actually going on.

What I do find interesting is how popular culture shapes what people think they have seen. Certainly the case with alleged alien encounters that geopolitics and popular culture seem to have a big influence on what is reported. The Cold War generated a lot of reports of "Nordic" type aliens trying to warn us about nuclear annihilation and the like, which then morphed more into environmental messages, before the late 70s saw the rise of the "Grey" alien encounters, being exactly the type depicted in Close Encounters and Whitley Streiber's books. Spin on to the 90s and the X Files and the growth of the internet saw the conspiracy narrative becoming the context in which a lot of sightings were reported. Ufology took a noticeable step into far more paranoid waters (Disclosure Project, Icke etc), where conclusions exist before the investigation, lack of hard evidence is presented as proof of cover ups and everyone seems to be swimming in a sea of their own confirmation bias. Any criticism of objective analysis is very quickly attacked as being "disinformation" and anyone who doesn't continue the conspiracy narrative is smeared as part of the conspiracy. It's all got very, very tribal, which is a shame, as genuine investigation has suffered.

I live next to an airport in an area with a lot of rich people. I see objects flying overhead all the time, some of which I couldn't identify. I suppose you could call them "UFOs", but there's certainly more logical explanations for anything I see out here.

Do I believe I saw something alien, though? Probably not. I doubt aliens would risk visiting Earth even if they could - there's a lot of missile defense and few resources worth visiting an inhabited planet for.

Ive seen several UFO's in my life. Most of the time I can easily say that they are probably something military related. But there was one I saw when I was 16 that was genuinely not something that could easily be explained. The sheer size of it was outrageous and it was completely silent. Not to mention the circumstances that led me to go outside and watch the sky in the first place. And then minutes later the military response. I genuinely believe that I witnessed something truly extraordinary if not extraterrestrial.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

philder74 said:
As much as I'm interested in the search for extraterrestrial life, exoplanets and the like, I think the chances of advanced alien visitation are remote at best, as the distances involved are just too great. I've seen a few things I couldn't readily identify, but the more I've investigated over the years, the more likely I think it is that the vast majority of sightings are simple misidentification and/or wishful thinking on behalf of the observer. I can believe there are sometimes niche or secret test vehicles out and about, but I don't think they're reversed engineered alien craft and suchlike. It's a romantic idea, but unlikely. Certainly doesn't hurt Governments to allow that notion to take hold, as it diverts attention from genuine black projects. I suspect many sightings are planted precisely to steer curious minds away from what's actually going on.

What I do find interesting is how popular culture shapes what people think they have seen. Certainly the case with alleged alien encounters that geopolitics and popular culture seem to have a big influence on what is reported. The Cold War generated a lot of reports of "Nordic" type aliens trying to warn us about nuclear annihilation and the like, which then morphed more into environmental messages, before the late 70s saw the rise of the "Grey" alien encounters, being exactly the type depicted in Close Encounters and Whitley Streiber's books. Spin on to the 90s and the X Files and the growth of the internet saw the conspiracy narrative becoming the context in which a lot of sightings were reported. Ufology took a noticeable step into far more paranoid waters (Disclosure Project, Icke etc), where conclusions exist before the investigation, lack of hard evidence is presented as proof of cover ups and everyone seems to be swimming in a sea of their own confirmation bias. Any criticism of objective analysis is very quickly attacked as being "disinformation" and anyone who doesn't continue the conspiracy narrative is smeared as part of the conspiracy. It's all got very, very tribal, which is a shame, as genuine investigation has suffered.

Have you ever heard of an albecurrurie drive? You probably know it better as the startrek warp drive. It's not fiction anymore to make long distances meaningless, just science we have yet to finish completely figuring out. Or how about cryogenics and reactionless em drives? Or what about AI and far remotelty operated drones?

And that's just what we know right now. Imagine what we might be able to do in 100 years. 1000.

IF, and this is a big IF, some alien civilization did exist. Then it isn't much of a leap to say they could be more advanced than we are right now, and have already conquered the stars. That is to say, one way or another.

Add in the proof we already have which shows microbial life is not indiginous to our world only, and it isn't much of a leap to go from microbial life to intillegent life too.

I do agree our pop culture has "invalidated" a lot of UFO sightings. However, I'm not saying intillegent alien life exists and has visited us either. I am however saying, it isn't as unlikely as some may think. Stay skeptical, but keep an open mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back