Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cloth diapers or disposable diapers?

Maybe NHS is more generous than here in the states , the allowable reimbursement on cloth diapers is 26 cents for one diaper a month I spent $20,000 on my cloth , so they drowned me in cases of diapers that I only wear around town. As has been mentioned AIO's should be emergency reserve only sick days or forgetting to wash diapers , regular cloth with separate plastic pants will last year's ( mine are 10 and still chugging along) daily use of an AIO will cause it's death in about 2 years , the high heat of the dryer strips the plasticizers out of the cover material every time they are used , with the two part syatem you wash the diapers with fragrancet free soap , dry them without a fragrance or dryer sheet because dryer sheets build up a water repellent wax on the diaper that you dont want , your plastic pants just get rinsed in the sink and hung to dry , if you can hang the diapers on a clothes line the sun will "bleach" them it gets stains out amazingly, never use bleach or oxy clean that will prematurely wear your diapers out .there is almost no such thing as a leaking diaper with cloth anything that gets by the diaper the first time the plastic pants contain, and let the diaper absorb it.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

All in one's don't last. If you're going cloth, you will need full cloth pinn in diapers, and separate diaper covers (I recommend PUL). And forget using insert pads too, you're better off with a full diaper.

That's the beauty of cloth need more absorbancy just add another layer of diaper, some of my diapers I paid a 5 dollar upcharge and got double soaker built in, cloth diapers made gy yhis compahy is one of the few that that builds up the whole diaper not just the core of the crotch.

I have several bags of abena m4 and I also have about a dozen cloth flat diapers and a few prefold but I don't even use any but the flat diapers for bedwetting which is all I need them for but they are great and I have used them in public and I don't think anyone noticed it just make sure you have good plastic pants

I've been using cloth diapers and plastic pants for night use for decades. Disposables for day time. Never had leak problems at night but I also use a disposable at night as a "diaperliner" because I'm prone to night BM accidets and they keep stool off my cloth diapers and makes laundering easier.I also use a bed pad (48" x 52") . Oassional dampness but I use a Kins model 10700 pull-up cloth diaper over the disposable and never had a full blown soaking leak. During the day I use a Comfi-dry 24/7 with a booster. I think you have to experiment to find what's going to fork best you.

Over the past eleven years I have tried just about everything to manage my severe OAB. For comfort I prefer cloth as long as they are dry, but don't like the dampness or the odor once I've wet them. Additionally, cloth diapers are difficult to deal with when I'm away from home, which is often. Thus, I've found the best overall day and night combination for me are ConfiDry 24/7 diapers, a booster pad and pull-on plastic pants. The plastic pants aren't totally necessary, but they do add an extra waterproof layer and, most importantly, protect the diaper tapes from snagging on clothing and pulling away from the diaper.

Quote Originally Posted by schooner View Post
    Over the past eleven years I have tried just about everything to manage my severe OAB. For comfort I prefer cloth as long as they are dry, but don't like the dampness or the odor once I've wet them. Additionally, cloth diapers are difficult to deal with when I'm away from home, which is often. Thus, I've found the best overall day and night combination for me are ConfiDry 24/7 diapers, a booster pad and pull-on plastic pants. The plastic pants aren't totally necessary, but they do add an extra waterproof layer and, most importantly, protect the diaper tapes from snagging on clothing and pulling away from the diaper.
    I wear north shore Supremes when traveling but still wear plastic pants . I just feel naked without them, and they do buy you little extra smell protection ,no matter what type of diaper your using.