Worst diaper you've ever tried!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soph13

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
The title says it all : what is the absolute worst diaper you've ever tried, both in terms of comfort and efficiency?
I did not find a recent topic about it, and I thought it might be fun to share it! :)

As a surprise to most Abena. The padding is so stiff it felt like paper rubbing all over down there. Then whenever I’d wet it I felt cold and wet and the padding would clump toward the center and collapse after a few hours. Given I wear 24/7 i perfer to change few times a day but I found myself changing a lot more because of pure annoyance.

I tried a few samples from somewhere, can't remember the brand but it was yellow and felt like tissue paper

Tranquility ATN, is say this because I know what I'm getting with depends, a horrible experience, but I was surprised at the tranquility line, I thought they would be much better, yet they were one step above today's depends.

The Assurance Walmart brand. Only diaper I've tried that was worse than Depends.

For me it would have to store brand briefs or depends. The tranquility ATN is up there too.

I think I give the edge to Total Dry Plus. There was a lower tier diaper in that line when they were still Secure that was probably technically worse (thin, multiple instances of missing tapes in the same bag, etc.) but I liked the plastic better, which was cheap and super crinkly. Even that cheapness seemed better than modern Total DryPlus and its almost clothlike plastic shell, not to mention the low capacity and free flow of wetness. No fun to wear and poor performance.

Last edited:
I believe it was a Wings diaper that was in a sample pack I bought from HDIS 5 years ago. They weren't worth a damn.

Depends. First Quality, wellness brand, Bambino diapers the paperpak Attends, the old P & G Attends were halfway decent

the stretch fit ones wal mart replaced their's with, I believe its based on one of prevails stretch fits.

Wings cloth backed. Was changing every 2 hours whether I went or not because they fell apart from me just wearing them and moderately sweating. Switched to molicare for my daytime diaper and haven't had the problem since.

Also the tapes on attends breatheables suck. Absorbancy is so so, compareable to store brands. Tapes suck though. Never stuck for anything.

Abena Airplus (or whatever it is called.)

Dratted things came in the same package as the plastic backed ones while they were in transition, tapes just didn't work AT ALL, they leaked like crazy through the outer shell, clumped and broke apart, totally useless.

The 200ml capacity Japanese like cloth backed Attentos I have were a much better performer that these..

I'm going to agree with a few others on here and say Tranquility ATNs were the worst for me. I understand that they are the best diaper insurance will cover for many people, but they were one of the biggest let downs. I was so excited to get my sample pack of them in the mail a few years ago, and as soon as I tried them on I was so disappointed as they barely seemed above Depends. I will give them they are a tremendous value and if you lower your expectations they aren't the worst diaper, but they are far from the best.

Another vote for wings cloth like disposables. They didn't last even a hour for me, and that was with almost no actual wetting. (Hospital gave them to me after a surgery, I was dehydrated from it though so I didn't use them much at all).

Most of the worst one's I've ever tried aren't on the market any more. I was an "early adopter" of the adult disposables back in the late seventies. I remember one particularly bad one called a "dry control" or something like that. Extremely crinkly to the point of being uncomfortable to wear it was so stiff. Hardly any SAP or other absorbant material.

The sick green Depend brief of old I never cared for.

yoshiDL said:
I'm going to agree with a few others on here and say Tranquility ATNs were the worst for me. I understand that they are the best diaper insurance will cover for many people, but they were one of the biggest let downs. I was so excited to get my sample pack of them in the mail a few years ago, and as soon as I tried them on I was so disappointed as they barely seemed above Depends. I will give them they are a tremendous value and if you lower your expectations they aren't the worst diaper, but they are far from the best.

I really feel most people are wayyyy to hard on Tranquilitiy ATN's. The never set out to be an dry 24/7 or even an abena.

TotalDry X Briefs

Biggest regret of mine was Molicare Super Plus, they don't fit me like anything else, and they are just garbage to me, even though I like the color. I know most won't agree with me, but I will stick with ABU and Rearz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back