Not open for further replies.

KimbaFoxNatsume

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I went on a day trip by bus today. I seemed to be by far the youngest passenger. No one was assigned the seat next to mine (I was given an aisle seat but moved to the window), so I decided to suck my thumb. While I kept my head turned, the people across the aisle probably could have seen. But I figured, eh, who cares? It's not like some elderly people are going to whip out a smart phone and take a picture of me. The fact that I did it that openly may have felt better than the actual thumbsucking itself...

as long as your comfortable with it who cares what other people think

Seems totally fine. By far better than the people who pick their nose.

I see no problems with that. I used to pick my nose a lot in public as a kid [and eat them (eww)]. Now I just peel my nails while I'm bored. I have not had a nail bleed ever.

I don't think thumbsucking would be a problem. Worst-case scenario would be someone seeing and judging you, but that's on them at that point.

It's not like some other things (like messing yourself or farting etc.) that affects everyone in your direct vicinity and should always be avoided being done in public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I'm more of a "chewer" than a "sucker" though I do suck on my thumb and pacifiers sometimes. I use cheweys from ark thereputic in public. Most of them are necklaces so it looks more like a nervous habit.

The closest I get to thumbsucking is is rubbing my fingers against my nose and mouth as a stimming process. I took my big fox with me on a road trip and on the ferry and train ride to the airport no one ever reacted negatively and actually some gave compliments. Although thumb sucking falls on a more "wtf" side to people in general. It'd have to be more socially unacceptable like binkies and other taboo paraphernalia probably to warrant sneers and whipping out cameras.

You have a lot of guts wish I could do this im weak

There's a girl I work with who sucks her thumb now and again. Although I'm pretty she's a drug user so probably something to do with that!

I suck my thumb a lot and I'm not taking drugs! I've been sucking my thumb since I was an actual infant and I've never stopped. Not every thumb sucker uses drugs!!!

Ryano said:
There's a girl I work with who sucks her thumb now and again. Although I'm pretty she's a drug user so probably something to do with that!

Never heard of thumbsucking being associated with drug use - you might be thinking of pacifiers, as they have a place in rave culture.

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
It's not like some elderly people are going to whip out a smart phone and take a picture of me.
You never know. Once on a train a woman took a photo of me with a pacifier in. I assume she sent it to her friends. Felt a little embarrassing but I had other things to do so I put it out of my mind and moved on.

CharliePup said:
You never know. Once on a train a woman took a photo of me with a pacifier in. I assume she sent it to her friends. Felt a little embarrassing but I had other things to do so I put it out of my mind and moved on.

Not sure I would have the guts to use a pacifier that publicly... I've done it in a car, but that's a bit different...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back