What kind of incontinence do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little of both unfortunately. I have ibs really bad and sometimes I cannot control my bowels. Just this morning I had a major blowout just as I was getting out of bed :( . Occasionally I have wetting accidents too. It mostly is just bedwetting that's been an issue all my life so day time I'm dry (unless I've been drinking lol). Night time I wet at least twice a week but my issues cause me to be diapered 24/7 because I'm always on the go and it's much better to throw a diaper away than clean underwear/ pants.

Argh, I don't know! I started off with a light functional incontinent I was told would go away when my legs healed up. Then it was OAB, but they really didn't know what was going on. Next it was classified as urge incontinence, or sometimes OAB again.

Finally a couple of years ago I was diagnosed with detrusor sphincter dyssynergia. After a number of sphincterotomies, that was expanded to include bladder sphincter dyssynergia, and more sphincterotomies followed.

Now I've developed a structure blockage that has literally made me the exact opposite of incontinent- and unable to pee at all. I have a temporary suprapubic catheter though, so I'm at least draining without any control or feeling and incontinent of some sort again.

Darn this is confusing and hard to get a grasp on.

I am actually not incontinent. However I will occasionally accidently poop in my pants. I like to do it intentional. I this allright?

Paulsa said:
I am actually not incontinent. However I will occasionally accidently poop in my pants. I like to do it intentional. I this allright?

It's all right, but you're probably in the wrong forum.

I have stress incontience like when I walk the dog or when it's cold or I excerise, it literally feels like the lead is attached to my bladder instead of my wrist and I just need to cut loose or I'll be very uncomfortable.

But I do have it once I start peeing I can't stop the flow and if I'm not careful I can leak but I literally find it hard to stop the leak.

Sometimes when I need to go #2 it just comes out at times but I can mostly make it to the bathroom

I have urge urinary incontinence. My bladder more or less seems to have a "mind of its own." I do not feel a gradually increasing sensation of needing to urinate. I get sudden, severe "urges" that are followed by my bladder involuntarily emptying itself unless I can get to the toilet in two or three minutes. My bladder my "decide" to empty inself when it contains anywhere from a few drops to a couple of cups of urine. So timed voiding isn't very helpful. I also frequently void involuntarily in my sleep. I manage the condition by wearing a diaper 24/7/365. With the diapers, I'm able to do pretty much anything I need or want to do. So although my condition is a major nuisance, it's not really disabling.

Since three month AOB and urge incontinence.

I'm not actually sure. I had surgery in 2010 and 2011 because my intestine ruptured. I knew I'd be bowel IC for a bit, but I wound up totally incontinent because they damaged my bladder in the follow-up surgery. I got my bowel control mostly back after about a year, but the bladder problems didn't stop. My doctor at the time diagnosed me with stress incontinence, figuring that it was because of my anxiety of going through a nasty divorce at the time. It finally got to the point where I just had occasional spotting and very light leaks that a pad could hold. Then I had a spinal injury a couple of years ago and my bladder became so unreliable that I had to go back to diapers 24/7 because I get the urge but never know if I'll be able to hold it or if it's just going to release until the pressure goes down, or if it's going to totally empty itself. My doctor who was treating my back didn't really want to diagnose it as related to my back injury, because of my history with incontinence following surgery. He said it was probably the final straw in causing my current loss of control, but he was more concerned with my pain and mobility than my incontinence. So I still leak and have wetting accidents. I also sometimes can't control my bowels, but that's usually when I'm sick with tummy issues.

I've had lifelong minor continence issues. No conclusive diagnosis but we assume it's something to do with my autism and general neurodivergence-related body awareness issues.

My current major continence issues are basically because I let it get that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back