night time

Status
Not open for further replies.

scbaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
So im IC, bladder nerve issue. How do you all handle night time incontinence?
Im am in my mid 30s and have been suffering from this since my teenage years. Pads and liner type things work fine for daytime but bed pads dont work well for me and my night time incontenence is getting worse to the point i decided a briefe or diaper was the best course of action.

Im considering a brief or diaper for daytime.
Nights are the worst for me. Any advice is appriciated.

Use diaper. But different places and times demand different diapers

Night time:

Tena active fit Maxi or ID Slip super ( both PE) colder months
Tena Ultima ( cloth backed) fro warmer months

Daytime home:

Tena Flex Plus or Super ( clothbacked, velctro tapes, belted) warmer months , you will able too re-tape them several times if you can go to toilet on time
Tena active fit Plus ( PE ) fits geat, If you taped them less tight and use some brief underwear to compress them, you can use them in sam way as Tena Flex

Daytime out:

Tena Active Fit Plus
Attends Active slip 10 ( two tapes, hybrid between classical and belted diapers , PE, sides cloth) Gives excellent mobility and protection,discreet.

Double-thick cloth diapers and pull-on plastic pants work very well for me at night.

I've done a lot of combinations over the years. Tranquility ATN's are useful if you're wanting a budget option. Lately I've been using Abean AbriForm L4s prettymuch exclusively, day and night. During the day I'll wear them as is, and for my nighttime usage or if I'm going to be out out for a while I'll put an AbriLet Maxi booster in it.

At night I look like the love child of the Pillsbury dough boy and the Michelin man ,i can handle whatever comes awake , my sleep is all messed up I wear diapers and the bed wears diapers if either one fails there's a back up plan ,
I wear super heavyweight night diapers , with triple liners , rubber bloomers over top and a onesie, sleeping for me is either feast or famine I can sleep 16 hours strait or go to bed and not sleep weeks at a time , I have several severe sleep disorders as well as PTSD and use lots of benzo's to try and force the situation it's not always possible , no matter what when I go to bed I want to be sure I am prepared for anything, no surprizes, I recommend to anyone IC over diaper for the worst possible scenarion and you will never wake up and be caught out by what happened over night.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

What position you sleep in, and how well hydrated you are (how much you wet at night) are going to make a big difference for what you need. I can say for one thing though, no pad is going to be enough for overnight.

I sleep on my side, and drink the recommended (8) 8oz glasses of water we're supposed to (that's nearly 2 litres by the way).

The only disposable diaper I know of which will handle my overnight needs on its own is Betterdry/Crinlz. However, I have also been able to get Confidry to work by adding a small baby diaper booster and cupping it over my penis. This quickly absorbs any flooding and redirects my pee back to the center of the diaper, slowly as the baby diaper leaks over.

With either of these, I might get a leak once every two months at the most.

I've been bedwetting for a couple of years. I use terrycloth pin-on diapers at home and disposable diapers away from home.

So I don't know how severe the incontinence is but for me only confidry 24/7 has managed to work for me during the night. I also have bowel accident in the night and not woken up for it so containment is important.... Plus plastic pants to stop any smell.

I wear confidry's for both day and night since my incontinence is pretty bad no matter what time.
I'd say if your incontinence is affecting your doing things briefs/diaries are better to move to do you can not worry about leaking or anything.

At night I try to stick to a thicker diaper. (preferably one by ABU because their thick and I like the prints) I've learned that overdoing it is better. If the diaper's there I'm using it. Waking up fully contained is better then having leaks. During the day I'll wear something thiner, usually depends or a store brand because they're easier to move in.

My biggest recommendation from a lifetime of severe night-wetting is, really think about how you sleep. Your sleep positition matters. Try a bunch of different diapers. (Sample packs are GREAT) and don't be afraid to venture into the ABDL market. You might find the most absorbant diaper there.

CP1234 said:
At night I try to stick to a thicker diaper. (preferably one by ABU because their thick and I like the prints) I've learned that overdoing it is better. If the diaper's there I'm using it. Waking up fully contained is better then having leaks. During the day I'll wear something thiner, usually depends or a store brand because they're easier to move in.

My biggest recommendation from a lifetime of severe night-wetting is, really think about how you sleep. Your sleep positition matters. Try a bunch of different diapers. (Sample packs are GREAT) and don't be afraid to venture into the ABDL market. You might find the most absorbant diaper there.

I have been looking into a thicker diaper and have seemed to have found two that I've ordered and am going to try. One comes from Rearz it's the black ones and the other comes from adult cloth diaper they are the ticker overnight specific diapers. They look comfy.

For daytime I have ordered some magnifico also from rearz. I'm planning on ordering some from ABU as well.

I agree i love cloth nothing better for beating around the house , i only wear dispees for travel just simply because it's easier to carry them until used and throw them out . But cloth allows you to go as thick as you need or want.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

wear a proper diaper.

I think diapers are the only solution for chronic bedwetting. Personally, although I'm more a sporadic bedwetter, I use disposables. Cloth is a lot of work but maybe I think thats because I'm too lazy to do all the laundry. Remember to try different brands and types until you find one that meets your needs and also remember to keep waterproof protection on the mattress because sometimes you need it even with good diaper protection. But don't get yourself down because theres no shame in it. As a doctor told me years ago when I was young, 'your perfectly normal except for 30 to 40 seconds during the night when your bladder empties.' As a lot of studies now indicate its more common than you think. Just go with the flow and you'll be happier.

mikesecret said:
I think diapers are the only solution for chronic bedwetting. Personally, although I'm more a sporadic bedwetter, I use disposables. Cloth is a lot of work but maybe I think thats because I'm too lazy to do all the laundry. Remember to try different brands and types until you find one that meets your needs and also remember to keep waterproof protection on the mattress because sometimes you need it even with good diaper protection. But don't get yourself down because theres no shame in it. As a doctor told me years ago when I was young, 'your perfectly normal except for 30 to 40 seconds during the night when your bladder empties.' As a lot of studies now indicate its more common than you think. Just go with the flow and you'll be happier.

A lot of people are cured in other ways. Meds, bladder retraining, bedwetting alarms etc actually do work for most people.

Diapers are a good solution for those of us who weren't helped by the other methods.

MassIncon: Your probably right that there are treatments for a lot of people. I think that for people who develop IC issues due to medical problems there might be fewer options.

mikesecret said:
MassIncon: Your probably right that there are treatments for a lot of people. I think that for people who develop IC issues due to medical problems there might be fewer options.

I'm talking about IC from medical issues. The vast majority of cases are highly treatable. It's typically the people who fall through the cracks that end up relying on absorbent products. I'm one of them. None of the meds worked for me and I'm not a good candidate for any surgical options. So diapers it is.

MassIncon said:
I'm talking about IC from medical issues. The vast majority of cases are highly treatable. It's typically the people who fall through the cracks that end up relying on absorbent products. I'm one of them. None of the meds worked for me and I'm not a good candidate for any surgical options. So diapers it is.

MassIncon: Do they know why the other treatments don't work for you? Did they tell you? Ive found when I raise IC issues with my health care providers they just shrug as though its just a small concern that doesn't warrant a specific response. They take more of a 'big picture' view I guess and figure that if they can deal with the main health issues causing the problem the rest will take care of itself. For me the meds themselves are a big issue especially anti-psychotic and other psychotropic meds. Also, due to medications I now have kidney problems that may be contributing to the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back