Opening an Online Store - Will sell RearZ - Based in Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I would prefer to have the shipping cost built into the price. One of the biggest letdowns is when a product seems like a great deal and then you get hit with a shipping fee at check out and it becomes a not great deal. Cooshie Tooshiez does this, a 12 pack of large Safari's is $33, but at checkout the cheapest shipping is $18.30 bringing the total to $51.30!

A diaper store /WOULD/ start opening when I finally decided to move outta Texas. >.<

yoshiDL said:
I think I would prefer to have the shipping cost built into the price. One of the biggest letdowns is when a product seems like a great deal and then you get hit with a shipping fee at check out and it becomes a not great deal. Cooshie Tooshiez does this, a 12 pack of large Safari's is $33, but at checkout the cheapest shipping is $18.30 bringing the total to $51.30!

We will not be charging extra on top of shipping - so whatever it costs us it will cost the customer. I think shipping will work to be around 12 dollars to ship with UPS for a single bag (not 100% sure yet) inside Houston area likely Texas as well.

Personally I like to see the cost of the product before shipping - but I know not every one is that way. Shipping built in will not make the final price any cheaper but it may help prevent sticker shock or surprise- i agree there completely.

The only other issue is - in Texas - there is a tax Texas charges on shipping costs - so we will have to build that in as well. It sucks I know. At my current 9-5 job they just had to pay taxes on websites they use as a company and third party software - USE tax in Texas is a little silly. Anyway - I may come back and ask for more suggestions before we go live. Shipment Arrives tomorrow! YAY!

- - - Updated - - -

Cereal said:
A diaper store /WOULD/ start opening when I finally decided to move outta Texas. >.<

Sorry! It is not yet a physical store - so we can ship to other states... i promise. Just still working out costs on shipping.

AND UPS messed up the shipping addresses... Ugh!

Finally a wholesaler in the same state. Maybe shipping costs wont be so bad. Do you plan on stockeeping SDKs?

I can certainly look into it. So far only planning RearZ. I have contacted three other product labels and ONLY RearZ has gotten back to me - and they were my first choice. Promise I will try!

Oooh I'm excited!

As a Texan ABDL who has to travel a lot for work there's a fairly good chance I'll be checking out any future ABDL stores if you guys ever open one.

Can't wait. I've always wanted to try rearz as a texan abdl. But the shipping as always been so rediculous I've still yet to try them. Looking forward to when your site goes live.

Well UPS messed up the shipping info - but we have our cases! We have a ton of RearZ boxes sitting in the other room now. Today I will have to get with my shipper and get some base shipping prices. Update the store and then open it for business! Updates coming soon!

I also prefer shipping built into the price. Most diapers price that way and it always leaves me with a bit of a stinging feeling if I get my order carted up and all of a sudden the price jumps as it adds shipping. I'd much rather save the headache of trying to compare prices also, both between two different vendors AND between different products on the same site. Questions like "do I want to buy a half a case or a full case? This brand or that brand?" Having to juggle shipping is annoying. Though it tends to be a bigger problem when comparing prices between different sites. Questions like "Do I feel like another case of Safari or maybe magnifico..." Price figures into that and I already have to think about differences in diapers per case, I don't need more mental mathematical madness.

Well we are pretty close to being done with the initial store opening. Technically it is open now but no one knows where it is.
Regarding shipping we found out without paying a lot more for software plugins we were limited with our choice for the E-commerce - to do everything we wanted to do would have cost us a few hundred dollars more when we are opening on a budget to start with.

Shipping gets LIVE real rate quotes from UPS - this is great because we are actually coming in cheaper for shipping than the competition so far... (in Houston Area - Texas Locations - actual results may vary - blah blah blah) I thought about building in shipping costs to the price but for some states it would cost 29 dollars for a case to ship there - and here in Texas it is way less. So how to balance that out? Flat rate shipping - something I do not have access to yet since I am still new - (but we will get there).

Lastly - the shopping cart took me hours to setup - but it is working for now. Whew - I went to bed about 2 am and got up at 7 to finish up more.

Paypal for checking out - Site is behind HTTPS: And - I am thinking of a giveaway Lil' Squirts Mediums... If my wife approves we will be giving away 12 to people that help spread the word. I need to discuss with her still - but I think they are cute - problem is not many people wear medium size... but still freebies are free... STAY TUNED!

- - - Updated - - -

https://cosydry.com/ :sweatdrop:

We are Open for business! Please feel free to give me feedback on the store, shipping, webpage and so forth. Stock is limited initially but we are planning our next order already from RearZ.

I don't know why you say most don't wear mediums. Those are always the first ones that are out of stock on most sites. I wear mediums and they are hard to get sometimes because they are out of stock a lot.

I assumed due to Small being out of stock more than mediums and most suppliers seem to focus on Large and XL. I think the conversation in my head was - why just giving away mediums - and not this other size. :)

FYI for those that are messaging me privately - I am sorry I do not think my replies are getting anywhere. I will ask Moo to investigate. It is possible I do not have permission to private message?

Website updates - Added Red Plastic Pants
Added USPS shipping (sometimes cheaper than UPS)
Added photo gallery - Shows the stacks of RearZ (was tempted to make a throne of diapers... but I didn't)
Wife says we can likely start a giveaway about the same time we order our next shipment.
Added Order Tracking to menu - added Freebies page - RearZ gives stickers and candy! Will send out with all orders!

Will you have the inspire briefs?

I wish you guys good luck on your grand opening, the website seems well designed and works without a hitch.

Damn wish they were much cheaper per case. Sorry but can't afford over 3 usd a diaper when shipping is added in. I'll stick with abena and tykables for now.

We will carry inspire - the stock was limited when we placed our first order.

Thank you to everyone for the support and helping make our first day a success! We are restocking a few items this week in a new order from RearZ and hope to expand our offerings soon. Have a great week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back