Rift

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
I'm scared that I am going to lose my extended stay hotel room at the metro lodge because they said I was creating a danger without seeing whats really going on. Ok so I was backing my car out of my parking space and shifted into first gear and accidentally squealed my tires and they are saying that I am speeding in their parking lot when I was only going 10 mph. I fear that they are out to get me. How to explain it. I think the real reason that they are trying to get rid of me is because they are racial profiling and I hear people screaming and squealing their tires all the time but if even squeal just a little bit I get in trouble for it. I'm assuming it's because everybody that's there is white and I'm mixed between black and white together . I hope I'm wrong and that's not the case. I really can't afford to lose what I have. I can understand if it was early in the morning and waking up people but it was 12:00 pm when I was moving my car and even explained to them that it is a 5 speed manual transmission and that i am not intentionally squealing my tires also explained to them that i was going 10 mph and not speeding through the parking lot . Mabe if i start recording I can prove my side of the story.

I guess all you can do is speak to the manager and apologise, and explain that it's a new car you're not used to driving, it wasn't deliberate, and you'll drive more considerately in future.

If you're worried they're going to kick you out, I'd make the first move and apologise to them in the hope that it convinces them that you're not going to cause any problems.

Good luck :)

tiny said:
I guess all you can do is speak to the manager and apologise, and explain that it's a new car you're not used to driving, it wasn't deliberate, and you'll drive more considerately in future.

If you're worried they're going to kick you out, I'd make the first move and apologise to them in the hope that it convinces them that you're not going to cause any problems.

Good luck :)

I did try apologizing and explain to them that I don't want any trouble with them just hoping they let me stay

Hopefully they understand and you get to stay.

LittleManAlex said:
Hopefully they understand and you get to stay.

I hope so too

I agree, try to smooth things over and reassure, making a point of daily friendly contact with the staff and if possible management may also help to smooth things over.

I hope things work out for you, I realize it must be a very stressful situation.

It's not legal to discriminate against you because of color or race you must document everything that happens.
Keep a note book names times and recorded down.
Also when they let others off .
You need to contact Hud office and talk to someone they will help you.
It's not leagl to harass you or terminate your renting for your race.
You can file a complaint with HUD.
I hope this helps you

- - - Updated - - -

dragon123 said:
I hope so too

Google landlord discrimination.

Starrunner said:
I'd be somewhat hesitant to give advice about filing a discrimination complaint against a landord without first having legal advice from a lawyer.

Firstly, discrimination can be subtle and difficult to prove. If the OP files a discrimination complaint and doesn't have any proof to substantiate his claims, it will only make matters worse between the OP and the hotel where he is staying. It also shuts down the possibility of resolving the problem amicably with the hotel staff.

Secondly, the OP has indicated he is staying in an extended stay hotel room. Depending on the state, hotels are normally exempt from landlord and tenant legislation, meaning he has no protection from being tossed out into the street if the hotel feels he has no case and the OP has become a problem. This could leave him out on the street without any notice.

Believe me, I want to see every tenant stand up for themselves, but unless there has been proven discrimination as opposed to what may be unfounded suspicions, I would be hesitant to go this route for fear of creating worse problems, including homelessness, especially when this whole thing might just blow over.

He needs to write everything down and keep a record of it.
He could talk to someone to know his rights at least.
My advice was to get his ducks in a row in case the guy is getting rid of him.
Not so much to file the Discrimination as much as to have him know his rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back