Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite game?

Quote Originally Posted by SnowBlitz View Post
    Modern fighting games are not forgiving at all. Please go play a modern fighting game then try to say this. At this point you're sounding like you've never actually played a fighting game outside of the 90's. I'd go so far as to say you're insulting Professional Gamers.
    I played through the recent Killer Instinct game on the Xbox. Was pulling out combos over 40 hits within the first half hour or so. As I said the difficulty curve was non-existent. When playing the original in the arcades way back when it took months to perfect the combos. Timing had to be so spot on. Played Street Fighter IV recently and most of the super moves were the inputs for the special moves in Street Fighter II. I will concede that I have not played all the new fighters, and I know nothing about the pro scene after Third Strike, but I stand by my opinion that older fighters were more technically challenging.

What I will say is the arcade sticks are of a much higher standard then they ever have been. I always thought nothing at home would ever come close to the Neo Geo stick but some of the ASCII sticks the last couple of years are excellent. Maybe that is part of my opinion, the controllers are more accurate so it seems easier? In regards to insulting pro gamers, that is not what I said. I insulted the games rather than those playing them.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeDude892 View Post
    I'm always into the Need For Speed series, so it's very hard to just pick one. So here's my top 5.

5. Need For Speed (2015)
    4. Need For Speed: Carbon (2006)
    3. Need For Speed: Underground (2003)
    2. Need For Speed: Underground 2 (2004)
    1. Need For Speed: Most Wanted (2005)

Honorable Mentions: Need For Speed: Rivals (2013), Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010), Need For Speed: The Run (2011), Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2 (2002), Need For Speed: Undercover (2008)
    Bahaha I loved the need for speed games. My brothers and I used to try and intentionally crash in hot pursuit just to see who could get the funniest/most epic wipeouts.

As far as my favorite game goes, I love so many of them, but my heart will forever remain with the Zelda franchise. I haven't had a chance to play breath of the wild yet, but it looks freaking epic. And as much as people hated it, I actually thought skyward sword was a hoot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Tough one, but just off the top of my head...

Okami (ps2 version, not the wii port)
    The Lion King on Sega Genesis (I've heard people saying this game is hard but I never had issues with it?)
    Uncharted Waters: New Horizons on the Sega Genesis
    Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection
    Undertale
    Stardew Valley

My favorite online games are:
    World of Tanks/Planes/Warships
    Neverwinter
    Warface
    Star Trek Online
    Heroes and Generals/WWII Online: Battleground Europe
    Pirates of the Caribbean Online (If it were still around)

Favorite Offline Games:
    Harry Potter 1-7 (don't quite like EA's console port of the Goblet of Fire though)
    The Witcher III: Wild Hunt (Including Hearts of Stone + Blood and Wine)
    Assassin's Creed IV (Black Flag) and VI (Syndicate)
    COD: World at War
    (Maybe) Dark Souls III

Quote Originally Posted by MotherFaith View Post
    I played through the recent Killer Instinct game on the Xbox. Was pulling out combos over 40 hits within the first half hour or so. As I said the difficulty curve was non-existent. When playing the original in the arcades way back when it took months to perfect the combos.
    To be fair, KI for the Xbox One has an autocombo feature that IIRC is on by default. Also, the difficulty curve probably doesn't apply so much to you as a veteran KI player.

Going off the top of my head the games I can think of are:
    - Final Fantasy VI
    - Pokemon Gold
    - Halo Franchise
    - Deus Ex [Old and New excluding Invisible War]
    - Team Fortress 2

Well, I was a fan of Crash Bandicoot back in the days, but now I switched to different kind of games! I simply adore foosball table! I am so addicted to it that I decided to buy one for myself but I have no idea which one to get? Did you know that there are like hundreds of foosball tables?!? Does anyone have any experience about them or can someone recommend anything? Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Ivko View Post
    Well, I was a fan of Crash Bandicoot back in the days, but now I switched to different kind of games! I simply adore foosball table! I am so addicted to it that I decided to buy one for myself but I have no idea which one to get? Did you know that there are like hundreds of foosball tables?!? Does anyone have any experience about them or can someone recommend anything? Thank you so much!
    You should try the N-Sane Trilogy
    Its a nice nostalgia kick to have especially for the Crash Bandicoot series, you wouldn't happen to know the one where you have to fight these other masks would you? Like I think there were 3 or 4 released masks or something as the plot to the game.

As for foosball, my tip is Spin your side fast to either get a goal or lose the ball :L