Thread: aww fuck!!!

Default aww fuck!!!

my laptop will not charge(as in it died and will not reboot because it will not get a charge.)It is not the cord(Im on another laptop with the cord)

Any ideas?

Man, I am glad I am not alone. I THOUGHT I would have a problem, but tonight... my laptop works good. I spilled water on it and I got lucky. This time. I bumped water onto my laptop and I thought I was screwed.

I let it dry out all day, and now it works good. THANK GOD. I thought for sure I was screwed.

I would check it out. Have someone look at it. Maybe the battery is dead. It happens.

If the battery is easily accesible (a lot of them just clip in and out, here's something to try. Unplug the laptop, Take the battery out , press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds, wait 30 seconds, put the battery and plug back in and try again. I can't think of the term for this right now, I thinks it's called clearing the motherboard but it helps about a lot of power problems ( Im not sure how it works either, I think it gets rid of all the static).
    Last edited by Hex; 09-Apr-2009 at 07:50.

The laptop should function fine without a battery, provided it's plugged in. Take out the battery, and if you can't operate it while plugged in, something else is wrong.

My laptop won't charge ethier. The charger makes some beeping sound. Even if it not plugged into the laptop.

Probably the cord my laptop did the same thing, not that big of deal if it is infact the cord
    (btw do not download anything)
    *points to his dead laptop-infected-with-a-billion-and-2-viruses*

Sounds like there is a broken connection in the power circuit.
    Most likely the notebook will have to be disassembled to repair the power port.
    Could be easy though, maybe just a little solder will fix it.