Not open for further replies.

KimbaFoxNatsume

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Not exactly incontinence related but I figured this was the best place for it...

So I've basically been ignoring the fact that for the past month or so I've been having what seems to be bladder spasms, about once a day. A sudden burning pain in my bladder and I kinda squeeze it to keep from peeing. It doesn't last very long, maybe ten seconds, and I don't leak any.

Sometimes it seems like I don't really realize that I need to pee until I start to do something, or one of these spasms comes along.

I haven't mentioned it to anyone; no way I'm going to a doctor to get a tube stuck up there. But I did read it could be caused by a brain tumor and with my high cortisol levels pituitary gland tumor is kind of on the radar - and my mom just learned that when her father had brain tumors, one of them was on the pituitary gland. But I can't see an endocrinologist until October.

I'm no doctor, but my guess is a urinary tract infection. You should really see a doctor about this issue.
I doubt you'll have to worry about a catheter. It doesn't sound like urinary retention. That would feel more like a constant ache or cramping. Actually, a lot of men with enlarged prostate have residual urine in their bladder after urinating but don't even know it.
I highly doubt that a brain tumor is the reason for your bladder spasms. I have only personally seen my brain tumor patients suffer from neurogenic bladders, and that seemed pretty rare. In that case, they just didn't know when they had to urinate.
Go to the doctor tomorrow and get a urinalysis done, just to rule out the small things. Try not to worry too much about the big things until all the small things have been ruled out.
Hope you're feeling better soon. <3

DLsGirlfriend said:
I'm no doctor, but my guess is a urinary tract infection. You should really see a doctor about this issue.
I doubt you'll have to worry about a catheter. It doesn't sound like urinary retention. That would feel more like a constant ache or cramping. Actually, a lot of men with enlarged prostate have residual urine in their bladder after urinating but don't even know it.
I highly doubt that a brain tumor is the reason for your bladder spasms. I have only personally seen my brain tumor patients suffer from neurogenic bladders, and that seemed pretty rare. In that case, they just didn't know when they had to urinate.
Go to the doctor tomorrow and get a urinalysis done, just to rule out the small things. Try not to worry too much about the big things until all the small things have been ruled out.
Hope you're feeling better soon. <3

I didn't mean a catheter, I meant one of those cameras or whatever they stick up there to check out the bladder or fill it with water for tests.

I don't really have any other signs of a urinary tract infection though? It's not a constant pain, I'm not going frequently, it's more of an annoyance that happens once or twice a day.

It could still be an infection. Start off by going to see your doctor and have them do a urine sample culture. If it is, then all you need are some antibiotic pills.

And if think your spasms are bad enough now, just keep doing nothing about it. If left untreated, they will probably get worse over time, and more frequent too.

My spasms got so bad, that I was squeezing to hold it almost constantly. I'd just grin and bear it through my many spasms. Eventually it became an autonomic reaction for me, which in turn developed into detrusor sphincter dyssynergia (external sphincter not working right), and bladder sphincter dyssynergia (internal sphincter not working right). Basically; the pain from my bladder spasms got excruciating painful and I lost the ability to even relax my sphincters enough to pee at all! I was having to steain so had to pee, I was literally bleeding out my rear end.

It was so bad for me that I was greatful to have catheters, cystoscopy cameras, and urodynamic testers shoved up my urethra. And even bad enough I was ok going through SEVEN sphincterotomy surgeries to remove enough of my sphincters so I can pee again (and I still retain pee at times).

So yeah, if you think a cystoscopy camera (which is no more uncomfortable than any other catheter), is bad. Well, keep doing nothing then. It gets much, much worse.

Onesieman said:
Whatever you're dealing with sounds very serious. You should take a prostate exam as soon as possible. I believe this can really damage your bladder if not treated quick enough.

But what do I know? I have zero knowledge on medical crap. So my advice might not be helpful.
Despite my signature I am biologically female.
Note said:
Look on the bright side, if your issue is an early indication of incontinence at least then you'll have an excuse to justify diaper usage beyond being a fetish or for any other morally questionable reason.

Unfortunately maybe this is part of the reason I've been ignoring it - I wouldn't care if I started having mild leakage because then I'd just wear more padding. Although I'm going to disagree with the idea of wearing diapers for sexual, comforting, or any other non-typical usage being morally questionable.

Get an appointment with your doctor ASAP and get a referal to an urologist , making sure you are ok and its not a life threatening issue is important
i have had the tests done and they are not that bad mostly embaresing, the camera is a bit uncomfortable when it pass's the sphincter but that only lasts a few seconds. once the camera is into the bladder its ok comfort wise.

the video ia interesting to watch, and the peace of mind you get when you get the all clear major issue wise is worth a bit of monir discomfort.

please get your self checked out

I know people mean well but when I'm already in need of a cardiologist and an endocrinologist and I'm not signing myself up for more doctors unless absolutely necessary, and especially not doctors who want to put in things in places they don't belong. I'm autistic with anxiety and have enough mental trauma in my life and would like to avoid getting more fucked in the head, I also have moral objections to my genitals being seen by males I don't know.

Maybe if it keeps it up I'll call my doctor and let it him order a urine test (it's a hassle when I'd need to travel to the office ten miles away for an order form, unless maybe if I called them and explained the situation they could mail me one), then to yet another town to the lab to pee in the cup. But I mean the occasional spasm doesn't seem like it requires such drastic measures as a urologist.

I don't know if the fact that I regularly wear wet diapers for hours would up the risk of urinary tract infection...

Last edited:
Kimba,

I know it would be hard, but it might be a necessity. And female urologists exist; perhaps you could specify that you need to find one? It's true that the tests are not exactly the most fun and enjoyable things you will ever experience in your life—I wouldn't put them in my Top 10 All-Time Happy Moments—but here's the thing:

There are only two possibilities a doctor might discover:
  1. There is nothing of note wrong with you.
  2. There is.
In the first case, you've endured some discomfort to find some assurance. But in the second...you are 24 years old, so anything that is wrong is likely to be in its incipient stages, and may well be nipped in the bud. Wait a lot longer and that may not be so.

Remember: incontinence is not usually a thing unto itself. It is usually a symptom of something else. Many of us here are "just" IC. I am. But it also can be an indication of much more significant underlying issues. I urge you to have these spasms checked out. You know they are not normal; you would not have started this thread otherwise.

kerry said:
Kimba,

I know it would be hard, but it might be a necessity. And female urologists exist; perhaps you could specify that you need to find one? It's true that the tests are not exactly the most fun and enjoyable things you will ever experience in your life—I wouldn't put them in my Top 10 All-Time Happy Moments—but here's the thing:

There are only two possibilities a doctor might discover:
  1. There is nothing of note wrong with you.
  2. There is.
In the first case, you've endured some discomfort to find some assurance. But in the second...you are 24 years old, so anything that is wrong is likely to be in its incipient stages, and may well be nipped in the bud. Wait a lot longer and that may not be so.

Remember: incontinence is not usually a thing unto itself. It is usually a symptom of something else. Many of us here are "just" IC. I am. But it also can be an indication of much more significant underlying issues. I urge you to have these spasms checked out. You know they are not normal; you would not have started this thread otherwise.

I think the local urologists are all males although they have some female physician assistants/nurse practitioners working with them, I'm not sure they would be qualified to do the... uncomfortable things though.

I haven't had a spasm since Tuesday (except for when starting and stopping the flow when I was peeing my Pull-Up just now but as far as I know that's normal). The fact that they only happen sometimes and don't make me lose control has helped me see it as an occasional annoyance instead of a problem that needs to be addressed, and with the health issues I already have... if it's not going to kill me I'd rather stay far away from doctors. I can handle the occasional burning pain, I just can't handle the trauma, stress, and frustration of more doctors, more tests, more worry.

I haven't told my mom about it but I'll see if I can bring it up with my therapist this afternoon.

a bladder spasm feels more like a cramp than a burning sensation. It's a strong involuntary muscle contraction (more or less, it is a cramp). What you describe sounds more like a UTI.

honestly though, when you feel like something is wrong, you should have a doctor check it out. Ignoring medical issues is, frankly, stupid.

Hasn't been bothering me much lately. Maybe a little one here or there when I already need to go, but haven't really had a bad one come out of the blue in a couple weeks. When I told my therapist about it she pretty much agreed with my wait-and-see approach, and suggested maybe trying some Kegel exercises, but seeing it's let up I haven't bothered.

Closing, per user's request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back