Not open for further replies.

Kaylen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
So how many of you have got the pleasure of wearing the Barebum diapers? I recently bought a 40 pack that arrived the other day and I gotta say: They're cute... They're crinkly.. They're comfy.. And super absorbent!!!

My only complain which unfortunately is kinda important to me... The tapes detach themselves after a couple hours sitting down. Now maybe I'm just fidgeting with them more than I think, or maybe prolonged sitting is the culprit, but the detach from the rearmost part of the diaper. They'll continue to stick to the front just fine after I put them on but it feels as though there is a time release or something on the backside that just implodes after a bit...

A little disappointing because I'll stay diapered for as long as possible until I feel I'll leak; but otherwise these diapers are awesome!!! And who knows, maybe I can get some free diapers now lol!!!

What are your guys' thoughts who have worn them?

The case I bought a few months ago doesn't have that problem at all. Seems to me that a lot of different diaper brands have been having that issue lately because the Safari case I bought a couple of months ago was doing the same thing. They all must get there tabs from the same supplier.

Damn, are they the new clear tapes ABU have advised will be on their other diapers?

Perhaps the bottom tapes are being tapped to tight? Try putting on the diaper laying to down and only do the top tapes, then stand up and do the bottoms, they should just be snug, not as tight as the tops

pampers4U said:
Perhaps the bottom tapes are being tapped to tight? Try putting on the diaper laying to down and only do the top tapes, then stand up and do the bottoms, they should just be snug, not as tight as the tops

Ya know I'll try that. I always lie down, do both bottoms first to get snug, then the tops!!! So maybe the bottoms are struggling a little. I'll be pretty embarrassed if I've been changing myself all wrong ll these years lol!!!

Argent said:
Damn, are they the new clear tapes ABU have advised will be on their other diapers?

These tapes are white!! With the blue ends!!

I have never tried these, so it could be a tape issue, but one thing I have noticed is be sure the surface you are taping to is perfectly flat. If it is wrinkled, the tape will let go over time.

I've burned through the first 10 pack of a case and only had problems from my 60lb dog jumping into my lap causing a breach of the containment shield, and one case of tapes popping for an ill-advised overnighter. Since these are daytimers, that's on me.

After 20 years of ABDLing, I can say my tapes get less snug every year. It seems intuitive that you want them on as tight as possible, but you do need space for the SAP to expand and for pee to flow to dry spots before overflowing the leg guards. And as a positive side effect, fewer popped tapes, less chafing, and no split plastics (looking at you, Bambino)

Argent said:

Having just recently acquired the brand (and the inventory) I assume it'll take awhile for them to work through the existing acquired stock. Even then they may not change the tapes or may take awhile to switch them.

I recall the tapes being marginal - not really good but not really poor. Make sure your front panel is clean when applying them, keep oily fingers off the tape AND the panel, don't tape too tight etc, the usual advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back