Abri Fix Pants Super

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifetime

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So looking around for booster pads and other odd stuff I haven't seen before I came across these here:

https://www.abena.com/products/incontinence-products/abri-fix

The ones that I'm interested in are the Abri Fix Pants Super. I guess they are suppose to hold there booster pads in place so they don't move around. This sounds interesting.

The only question I have, are you suppose to wear a diaper over this? I'm assuming that's what you are suppose to do.

If anyone has any experience or knowledge about this product any help is appreciated. Either way I still plan on buying some as they're not that expensive.

Nah they are more for holding everything together, I use these in the summer time over diapers and plastic pants to keep it all snug, normally I'd use an onesie, but when it gets too warm I'll go to these.
So basically they are to hold a diaper in place, Abena also have a range of pads that are diaperlike, but minus the sidewings, I suppose that was the original intent for these fixation pants.

Aleakyboomboom!

aleakyboomboom said:
Nah they are more for holding everything together, I use these in the summer time over diapers and plastic pants to keep it all snug, normally I'd use an onesie, but when it gets too warm I'll go to these.
So basically they are to hold a diaper in place, Abena also have a range of pads that are diaperlike, but minus the sidewings, I suppose that was the original intent for these fixation pants.

Aleakyboomboom!

Yeah, but on Abena website it says there booster pad is best used with there "pants". If you were to use the 2 together you would still get leaks which leads me to believe they go under the diaper and are there to hold the booster pad in place but I could be wrong.

Anyways, I'm really interested in the idea of some sort of brief that is used to hold pads in place and the diaper goes over everything. I've been looking into these mesh pants to see what they are all about. Sounds to me like this could lead to a nice bulky diaper.

They (Abena) Have a product called Abri-sans, which require fixation pants, I'd say that was the original intent for these fixation pants.

If I understand what you are saying is correct? then you are thinking to put some booster in place then these pants, then a diaper?

aleakyboomboom said:
They (Abena) Have a product called Abri-sans, which require fixation pants, I'd say that was the original intent for these fixation pants.

If I understand what you are saying is correct? then you are thinking to put some booster in place then these pants, then a diaper?

Yep, pretty much what I was thinking. The pants look like they allow pee through so put a booster pad in it and a diaper over both and vuala you have a super diaper. Only problem is I've been looking for a bit and can't seem to find any pants like that so it might be a pipe dream.

Problem would be they'll wick the liquid outside the shell of the diaper.

I use the super leaf ones... even dyed several pair blue. They work well to hold the diaper in place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

These fixer pants are meant to be used with waterproof-backed pads, like these:
https://www.abena.com/products/incontinence-products/abri-san/product/abri-san-11

Abri-san pads (and similar ones from other brands) are basically the middle of a diaper without the fasteners and side panels. They have leak-guards and everything, and they fit inside those pants and basically they work like a diaper. They are not booster pads, they are waterproof backed (usually the cloth-type). The fixer pants hold the pad in place. You do not wear the pants or the pads inside a diaper.

pros:
* Much quicker and easier to change than tabbed diapers
* Easy to pull down & use the toilet if you want/need to
* Cooler than a diaper in hot weather
* Much cheaper than tabbed diapers

cons:
* Not as snug/secure as a tabbed diaper.
* Nobody makes plastic-backed pads - although Tena used to and they were awful, slipping around all over the place. Cloth-backed is best, in this case.
* Don't work so well with male anatomy (although you can get specific pads for men)

The fixer pants, worn outside of a regular diaper, will also help stop it sagging when wet.

downtide said:
The fixer pants, worn outside of a regular diaper, will also help stop it sagging when wet.

That's something else I would be interested in. Does anyone have recommendation as far as underwear like pants that go outside the diaper to keep it in place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back