What goes good with vodka?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJess

Banned
I'm wondering what goes good with vodka? I've tried lemonaide before and It's nice, the vodka I'm getting is.

Volsk Raspberry :)

With flavored vodka should need a mixer

LittleJess said:
I'm wondering what goes good with vodka? I've tried lemonaide before and It's nice, the vodka I'm getting is.

either a handful of ice or any fruit juice that isn't made of concentrates. or both. with quality vodka you shouldn't really need anything other than ice

LittleJess said:

Both Cranberry and Orange Juice are common for making Vodka mixes.

Fiberglass.

My two favourite vodka cocktails (best with unflavoured vodka though):

Ginger ale and a dash of lime, served over ice. This makes a classic Moscow Mule.

For those with a strong stomach (and an even stronger liver) there's the Vesper Martini, as invented Ian Fleming for James Bond. One measure of vodka, three measures of gin, half a measure of Kina Lillet* and a twist of lemon. Shake over ice then strain into a deep champagne goblet.

* Kina Lillet was a French fortified wine with quinine. It is no longer available, so you'll need to substitute some other dry vermouth instead.

Diapers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to drink vodka and cola as a teenager before I got the taste for beer.

I also enjoyed the odd tall Black Russian (vodka, coffee liqueur and cola) or a White Russian (vodka, coffee liqueur and milk).

I'm not a big drinker of spirits at all, but there's one (semi-mass-produced) vodka that I really liked as a flavour by itself. It's a Polish vodka called Żubrówka that's flavoured with bison grass. There's a slight green/yellow tinge to it and it's really smooth. And it's not so fancy that it's expensive or hard to get.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Żubrówka

But there's no point mixing good spirits with anything other than ice/water.

Oh, and I went through a phase in my late teens where I'd have a Bloody Mary at the end of the night -- usually to the disbelief of the bar staff! I don't know why they thought it so odd! Anyway, it's vodka, tomato juice, Worcester sauce, Tabasco, salt and pepper.

Any juice or soda will mix well with Vodka. Peach Schnapps also mix very well with practically any hard liquor.

But two of my favorites concoctions are as follows:
Vodka + Blue Curacao Schnapps + Strawberry Schnapps
Vodka + Peach Schnapps + Cranberry juice

Abdltimmy said:

This too.

EDIT: Because I misread your vodka choice. Raspberry flavored vodka goes well with cola.

Vodka, Ice and lemon Aquarius - or (sweeted) lemon juice, it's +/- the same.

Black Russian: 2 parts Vodka 1 park Kallua it was my first drink when I was 21 it has continued to be my favorite

add I believe 1 part or 2 parts cream and you have a White Russian

Coke always goes well with vodka or things like orange juice, something sweet. I tend to stay away from flavoured vodka, always tastes weird and doesn't mix well with most drinks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back