• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

New Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorbus

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello,
Obviously I'm new here.

I've been visiting this site off and on for a about a week now and decided to man up and create an account. I'm a DL, although this is rather a recent discovery and I'm still very much in the explore and learning to understand it phase. I have a partner- a husband- and I will freely admit that I am down right scared spitless about telling him about this.

We love each other deeply and our 7th anniversary of our Comittment Ceremony is next month (I say we should count from there, but he likes to use our first date. . . but don't let that fool you, I AM the romantic one!). It has hardly been a walk in the park for us these past years. He has MS and one of the side effects of this God-forsaken disease is that our love life was left in the dust about five years ago . . . super fun, I can tell you! But we both knew that was a very real possibility and I knew what I was signing up for. Our relationship has never been built on sex, but rather on mutual love (and at the risk of sounding crass, it's never bothered me to fly solo in the bedroom because we sleep in separate beds, plus it gives me the privacy to explore sites like this without him sneaking up on me!).

Having said that, you'd think it would be easier for me to pluck up the courage and discuss this interest. . . fetish? . . . with him, but my fear of rejection/ridicule is, as I have seen in other posts here, legitimate. I teach and he's a school bus driver, so money can be a little tight. . . and he has his MS to deal with. I don't feel like he'll reject me and leave me, but rather he would bury me under financial logic ("We don't have the money to waste on that!" are the words I imagine him saying, once he picks himself up off the floor laughing). And of course he'd throw the "You're a teacher- this break about a bizillion morality/ethics codes" at me.

But I think I'm stating a little too much here, so I'll wrap it up. Sorry about that. I guess what I'm here for is to read others' stories and eventually. . . hopefully. . . find the cajones to tell him about all of this.

Besides having my teaching degree, I minored in Horitculture and work in the Nursery Center of a local Building Supply Store in the summer. I also love being outdoors, especially in winter, and love to go snowshoeing. Something about the crisp, sharp chill of a late December morning, when the snow sparkles like a thousand diamonds under a cloudless azure sky.

Hi Sorbus,
welcome to the group. I'm sorry about the way you are feeling at the moment although i can understand it. I can remember having to tell my then fiancée that i was incontinent and had to wear protection and whilst you're not in exactly the same position it's all about talking to your husband about something that is personal and special to you. You may find he won't be as dismissive as you seem to think he will as with MS the chances of his becoming incontinent could be quite high and whilst he wouldn't be wearing through choice he may have some idea about your feelings about nappies/diapers. However, now you are a member i'm sure you will get lots of advice and support from the other members and don't forget to check out the forums.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back