The Ultimatum

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdorableRabbit said:
I agree with dogboy and ArchiRoni, it's your state of being success in life that's the actual issue. If you make this a about how you're atypical and you need this, it's only going to confirm her opinion that it's a problem which hinders your ability to adult.

Prove her wrong by doing what you need to do in the rest of your life, then you'll be in a better place to to say, "look these feelings haven't gone away, I can manage being little and being an adult".
I'm gonna do that. I'm gonna work hard on being an adult then I'll tell her that those feelings haven't went away. I've tried telling her that I can do both.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

My soiled pull-ups and plastic pants been discovered a few times. But mostly when I was around 6, 10 and then 20. This was all pre internet stuff though. I got yelled at like you wouldn't believe. Regular person would have been terrified at the level of screaming. It's all I think about when I'm around my mother. It's pretty sad that I can't say much because I never know how she will react. Anyways
These days I got all sorts of stuff, real AB diapers, real AB plastic pants, toys (though I only choose collectible ones), mickey mouse themed bedding sets, stuffed animals. I'm not sure what they think at this point. But If it had to come to a head if they discovered my AB diapers, I'm sure I'll get yelled at again.
But I'm at a point where I could move out. I'm choosing not to because I'm also able to be going to college, and thats not something that anyone in my family ever had the chance to do. (you don't get financial aid if your W... here)
So, I have for now the "I'll quit college" leverage against them if I get found out again. A bit childish I guess, but, I'm not going to let them totally run or ruin my life. I'm doing pretty good academically, and more importantly work/job wise.
I also have/on the aspergers/autism spectrum, so I have that to also convince them that all this helps me. And it really has, its kept me from going deeper into depression, and allowing me to beat the years of fog and wanting to "just go away" and allow me to gain the experience and money that I have at this point.

I don't live with my parents, but my mom comes over to help with picking my house up and helping me with cleaning. I just started making my little room and I have some things in there. Luckily I have kids so it blends in. But my diapers are a different story. She has no clue about them. I have them locked in a suitcase in my closet. Though I suffer from IC I don't think she'd bat an eye to be honest.

But I do have to agree with previous posts her house her rules. Gotta keep makin then dolla dolla bills. So play it safe keep the items at your friends and maybe slowly reintroduce the topic bit by bit.

scbaby said:
I don't live with my parents, but my mom comes over to help with picking my house up and helping me with cleaning. I just started making my little room and I have some things in there. Luckily I have kids so it blends in. But my diapers are a different story. She has no clue about them. I have them locked in a suitcase in my closet. Though I suffer from IC I don't think she'd bat an eye to be honest.

But I do have to agree with previous posts her house her rules. Gotta keep makin then dolla dolla bills. So play it safe keep the items at your friends and maybe slowly reintroduce the topic bit by bit.
Well, I care about my stuff especially my stuffed animals. May sound childish, but I talk to them as if they were real. I've been doing that way before I even found out about this community. I couldn't risk their safety. But I've thought about bringing back my smaller ones. Not Max or Luka because their 3 feet tall. I feel bad for my friend because I'm putting a burden on him even though he says it's fine. I wish I could convince my mom that it's completely harmless for me. Any ideas. I'm not even close to moving out either. I thought I could be able to move out some time next year but I think that's delayed.

"Baby stuff has to go!!!!" but that's a nice vase under you bed, lets put flowers in it (takes bong and puts it on dresser) Yes parents can be unruly but also in denial if something doesn't seem right. Its just one of those things you have to work through. If anything don't get angry, use this as energy to save money, get a better job and move to your own place so you can live your life as you see fit.

pampers4U said:
"Baby stuff has to go!!!!" but that's a nice vase under you bed, lets put flowers in it (takes bong and puts it on dresser) Yes parents can be unruly but also in denial if something doesn't seem right. Its just one of those things you have to work through. If anything don't get angry, use this as energy to save money, get a better job and move to your own place so you can live your life as you see fit.
Um, first, I don't smoke pot. If your using that as an example. I'm using this time to prove my mom wrong by showing her that this stuff doesn't hold me back. I want to move out on my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back