Status
Not open for further replies.

07gp6465

Geo_Wears_Nappies
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hey, as someone who likes to wear nappies but who doesn't have full blown incontinence just leaks and urge incontinence I was wondering if anyone has tried these male pads. Are they any good? What do I get and will they work. Thanks

George c:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07gp6465 said:
Hey, as someone who likes to wear nappies but who doesn't have full blown incontinence just leaks and urge incontinence I was wondering if anyone has tried these male pads. Are they any good? What do I get and will they work. Thanks

George c:

Er, I think you forgot something. Can you just tell us the name of the pads? I've probably tried them, no matter what kind they are.

-RMS

Pads are exactly what they sound like: a bare-bones absorbent device with very low capacity. You'll find that there is little to compare versus an actual diaper. If you're using them purely for comfort, then they'll be fine. Pads are designed with discreetness being paramount, so capacity is very low. To put the capacity into context: If you sneeze and a little bit came out, that would likely be enough to saturate the pad.

As always, Your Mix May Vary so the only way to truly know if they're for you is to go get some and try them out.

Entity said:
...a bare-bones absorbent device with very low capacity. You'll find that there is little to compare versus an actual diaper.

Not quite true. Abena and Tena both make incontinence pads that have coverage and absorbency equal to a full diaper, including standing leak guards. Abena even has pads that rival their M-4 in absorbency.

However, I agree that most pads are exactly how you described.

Sorry, like the Tena pads. That go in your underwear. Sneeze wetting... ahhhh that one. Hay fever season is upon us, it's a problem lol

07gp6465 said:
Sorry, like the Tena pads. That go in your underwear. Sneeze wetting... ahhhh that one. Hay fever season is upon us, it's a problem lol
I

if you mean something like a depend gaurd or shield I wouldn't advise it for anything more then a small dribble, if you need something that can take a full leak at the very absolute least you want something akin to belted undergarment or a tena overnight

Ahhh okay, yeah it's a big enough leak to know it's happened pretty much immediately

07gp6465 said:

George c:

Uh, urge incontinence is the most "full blown" type of incontinence a person can get. I can definitely confirm that no pad, pullup, or cloth like disposable is able to handle urge incontinence. Of which, means completely emptying a full bladder in a matter of seconds. Only really good or premium plastic diapers are able to absorb that (usually more than once), that fast, and without leaking too many times.

diaper far superior to pads

Sent from my SM-P555Y using Tapatalk

I'm no expert but pads will help with drips - but if your going to pee fully - either because you want to or have to - you need something better.

In the UK at least they have numbers - so 2 is almost useless, 4 a bit better - but still only capable of soaking up drips, 6 quite a bit better - might take a single wetting at a pinch, 8 + OK.

The problem with a taped nappy is that it is all-or-nothing. If you are wearing one you more or less have to use it every time. But in return it stays in place, has a good capacity, reduces odour, takes the weight onto your hips etc.

Sorry to hear about the OAB.

I'm a pad enthusiast because I don't get to wear a full diaper very often, but still love the feeling of fullness and protection "down there." I've tried Depend, Abena, Tena and pretty much any other kind you can think of. But my absolute favorite are the Seni Man Fit. They offer "protection in the round," since your junk goes IN the pad, not just on it. They hold a lot, feel amazing, and they're pretty economical by the case.

Now, I will say that they're thick and narrow enough that sitting on them can be a tad uncomfortable, particularly on hard chairs, but for softer chairs and nighttime use, they're awesome. I highly recommend them.

-RMS

RMS401 said:
I'm a pad enthusiast because I don't get to wear a full diaper very often, but still love the feeling of fullness and protection "down there." I've tried Depend, Abena, Tena and pretty much any other kind you can think of. But my absolute favorite are the Seni Man Fit. They offer "protection in the round," since your junk goes IN the pad, not just on it. They hold a lot, feel amazing, and they're pretty economical by the case.

Now, I will say that they're thick and narrow enough that sitting on them can be a tad uncomfortable, particularly on hard chairs, but for softer chairs and nighttime use, they're awesome. I highly recommend them.

-RMS

How much is "a lot"? 16 ounces? 32 ounces?

WBxx said:
How much is "a lot"? 16 ounces? 32 ounces?

By "a lot" I mean probably 10 ounces if you release a little over a long period of time. I mean, this is a peenie pad, not a diaper. But if you want the big numbers, you might want to step up to the Abena Abri-San pads, which are essentially diapers without sides or tapes to hold them in place. Instead, they rely on snug-fitting underwear or "pants." In my experience, regardless of the pant you use, they still end up sliding around if you're active.

There are lots of types of pads out there, to meet a wide range of needs and desires. The more specific you are about what you want/need, the better we can help you. What, exactly, are you looking for?

-RMS

RMS401 said:
By "a lot" I mean probably 10 ounces if you release a little over a long period of time. I mean, this is a peenie pad, not a diaper. But if you want the big numbers, you might want to step up to the Abena Abri-San pads, which are essentially diapers without sides or tapes to hold them in place. Instead, they rely on snug-fitting underwear or "pants." In my experience, regardless of the pant you use, they still end up sliding around if you're active.

There are lots of types of pads out there, to meet a wide range of needs and desires. The more specific you are about what you want/need, the better we can help you. What, exactly, are you looking for?

-RMS

Thanks for the capacity info on Seni Man Fit pads. Wish it was greater.

Specifically, I’m looking for an economical disposable product that will contain multiple small (six ounce plus/minus) wettings while sleeping on my side pointing up. I’m currently using M4’s which satisfy “economical disposable product that will contain multiple small wettings” but fail miserably at “while sleeping on my side pointing up”. Any ideas?

WBxx said:
I’m currently using M4’s which satisfy “economical disposable product that will contain multiple small wettings” but fail miserably at “while sleeping on my side pointing up”. Any ideas?

Okay, that's helpful. Unfortunately, I don't think going smaller is going to help you. The ONLY protection that I can think of that will offer reliable protection for what you want is cloth with plastic pants. You need protection on the sides, which no disposable will give you.

A nighttime diaper, like this pull-on from Fetware, with good high-waisted plastic pants, will do what you want, functionally, though I'm pretty sure it's not the product you wanted.

-RMS

Well thanks for all the contributions guys, I've certainly sparked up the conversation and debate. :)

Tried pads in the past even being 'less abled' I found my leaks too much for them. I tend to have small/medium leaks when I propel myself up slopes or ramps in my wheelchair or transfer to or from my chair. Tried various pads and briefs that pads can fit in the front and ended up with embarrassing damp patches

I also started out with guards, then pads neither of them gave me security from my bladder, now I'm in tape diapers 24/7 only option for me. Urge incontinence which came from OAB. Many smaller wettings but sometimes also full blown bladder emptying if being situated where my bladder / uthrea has been kinked no pad can handle such a flood, only the best disposable tape diapers can

WBxx said:
Thanks for the capacity info on Seni Man Fit pads. Wish it was greater.

Specifically, I’m looking for an economical disposable product that will contain multiple small (six ounce plus/minus) wettings while sleeping on my side pointing up. I’m currently using M4’s which satisfy “economical disposable product that will contain multiple small wettings” but fail miserably at “while sleeping on my side pointing up”. Any ideas?

I'm the same. I've found that I can use a baby diaper and cup it over the top of my penis. I then diaper up using confidry or northshore. Alternatively, I can use crinklz/betterdry without a booster.

Either way, I do not leak. I stay well hydrated, sleep on my side, and also point up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back