What's your occupation? :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m retired on a disability pension with complex & multiple mental health issues as well as physical issues relating to a motorbike accident I had when I was 18. Up until I was put on a pension for being unemployable (but still utterly adorable) I supported myself doing whatever job someone was foolish enough to give me which was a hell of a lot actually because I present very well and I’m very good at pretending I’m serious, responsible, and sane. I have probably had fifty or more jobs including sales (toys, plumbing supplies, watchmaker supplies...), welding, tarmac crew, small aircraft ferry pilot, yacht detailer, etc., etc., but I spent my last twenty years working as a live-in accommodation manager at dozens of different lodges & motels like Norman Bates did in Psycho

P.S. I did once send an email to every Australian Federal politician complaining about our health system’s treatment of the mentally ill with the subject line... Australian Psycho.

God I’m adorable!

twinky said:
I’m retired on a disability pension with complex & multiple mental health issues as well as physical issues relating to a motorbike accident I had when I was 18. Up until I was put on a pension for being unemployable (but still utterly adorable) I supported myself doing whatever job someone was foolish enough to give me which was a hell of a lot actually because I present very well and I’m very good at pretending I’m serious, responsible, and sane. I have probably had fifty or more jobs including sales (toys, plumbing supplies, watchmaker supplies...), welding, tarmac crew, small aircraft ferry pilot, yacht detailer, etc., etc., but I spent my last twenty years working as a live-in accommodation manager at dozens of different lodges & motels like Norman Bates did in Psycho

P.S. I did once send an email to every Australian Federal politician complaining about our health system’s treatment of the mentally ill with the subject line... Australian Psycho.

God I’m adorable!

Well kudos to you for making things work so well. Also, I'd recommend that you keep nagging the politicans about giving people with mental conditions proper treatment, but with a different subject line.

SorcerorElf said:
Well kudos to you for making things work so well. Also, I'd recommend that you keep nagging the politicans about giving people with mental conditions proper treatment, but with a different subject line.
With the GOP they would rather open extermination camps for the elderly and disabled than give them proper basic care . As long as they dont call them concentration camps it will thrill there base and then they will have another tax cut for the rich ( which seems pointless to me because they mostly live in loopholes and pay no taxes at all , just like trump) well there base gets 4 and 5th jobs just to afford enough chewing tobacco and gas money to attend trump rallies.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Tetra said:
With the GOP they would rather open extermination camps for the elderly and disabled than give them proper basic care . As long as they dont call them concentration camps it will thrill there base and then they will have another tax cut for the rich ( which seems pointless to me because they mostly live in loopholes and pay no taxes at all , just like trump) well there base gets 4 and 5th jobs just to afford enough chewing tobacco and gas money to attend trump rallies.

the hyperbole is strong here.

mtdl88 said:
the hyperbole is strong here.
I get edgy after dark LOL.

SorcerorElf said:

Thanks SorcerorElf. I'm pretty proud that I managed to support myself for most of my life by sheer will of effort, determination, and lies, lies, and more lies.

I'm highly amused that you recommend I keep nagging pollies about the treatment of the mentally ill though because last July I was arrested for the first and only time in my life by seven detectives from two States on a charge of 'using a carriage service to menace, harass or cause offence' because I have been emailing the authorities, the media, NGO's, health associations, etc., etc., for the last decade in a Quixotic attempt to get Australia's public health service's to wake up to the fact that abusing the ethical and legal rights of the mentally ill is not conducive to improving their mental health. But that is a very long and bizzare story that I won't bore you with. Bottom line though... if I go back to nagging anyone I can go to jail because the charges were dismissed under the Mental Health Act on the proviso that I don't start doing it again.

Thats just using the mental act in a corrupt government way, to take away your voice and your for the advocacy and empowerment of everyone which is frankly disgusting abuse of government , they always profess good things but when it comes time to pay for it shucks they all forget there wallets maybe next kidays,

I realize your in a different country but here the went from warehousing the mentaly ill to the community treatment model which was more succesfull, more humane and sbove all much less cost intendice , sounds like a beautifull thing right, only problem the lawmakers who needed to pay for that got lazy and cheap, in Chicago people spend 3 hours on multiple buses for 15 minute med check because the poorer communities hardvto close their clinics , they went from outreach and help for those that needed it , to 6 overcrowded revolving door one size fits all noisy enviroments that more or less encourage decompensation and acting out at best , at worst the phobic solo avoidant types lock themselves away at home and skip anykind of outreach or anykind of theraputic coping community model and have zero standing between them and the gutter , no one even helps to ensure they have nutrition and a warm place to sleep, it enrages me and at the same time reminds me we have deviated from what founded this country, to a country yhst has the most stark inequality, who cares if somebody lives in the gutter as long as they do it one block over so i dong have to look at them from my mansion of intolerant excess ,this country makes me sick with it fall from grace and it's forgetting of its poor huddled masses , unfortunately I am but one dying man and can't find anyplace more progressive and caring for those that don't live and work in silicon valley devouring wealth and refusing to pay there share to ensure everyone has what they need to live , it's bullshit that some have more they four lifetimes worth well others just exist through not fault of there own , sorry to rant its just grtting more and more and screwed up and dark here , we never were perfect but we tried to provide for all and the life is being choked out by the wealthy who dont want to participate . It never been this low and hostile here as it is now, I dont think till the day I die will I ever gain back the respect I have lost for America, we really need to return the statue of liberty to the people of france ! That was then this is now, and this is no longer a beacon of hope to emmigrate to its a country built on shit living off reputation and that reputation is running out quick .in all my ablebodied life I worked hard to provide for my family well giving back to what i thought was building a better stronger community for all ! But this country is rotting from the government down , no matter how hard we work or what we do for others it will never be enough . We basicly enabled the government inequality by taking care of those it wouldn't so it could write everybody off and be self sustaining and greedy taking care of those in government and little else. I end with the expressed feelings of the that great founding father Jefferson " I almost hope we dont win , these ungratefull smug americans " thats the reality of todays US goverment, i am hoping Un hits washington with multiple warheads so we cab start building a government for all people during the state of the union , because this union is done, it's time every American no matter the color ethinticity marital status, sexual orientation, gender, bank account , color has a vote and a government hat responds and protects all , as our government is demonstrating right now tax cuts for the ultra rich because no one else matters nothing we say or do except racking up a body count of congressman and senstors is going to impart the fury of a nation who goverment lies , its of the people for the people by the people, if your not down with that move.

Sadly, I have to agree with what our country (the USA) has become. What it was founded on was good ideals, but sadly they have been distorted and corrupted by greed.
All of Washington really needs to go back to the old days where just the honor of being electes to represent the people was enough. Instead, they are more worried about lining their own pockets at everyone else's expense.
We also nees a change in the election process. The delegate system really was for when the technology wasn't there to do popular vote, and a larger percentage of people didn't vote because of illiteracy or the inability to make it to polling locations. The technology is there to make it so that every vote counts, so why don't we?

I am proud of the ideals that this country was founded on, but not what it has become.

Hi Tetra & OldIron

We are way off topic so I won't respond in detail... suffice to say that I'm grateful that the authorities let me of the hook by dismissing the charges under the Mental Health Act. It was a complicated business and the authorities treated me so fairly and respectfully it has radically changed the beliefs I came to because of my 'treatment' by the so-called 'health professionals' that caused me to go on a decade long vendetta against my country's health system. I think a re-introduction is in order to prevent everyone getting the wrong impression of me.

I agree, we did get way off topic there, and looking back we should have moved that line of discussion to the mature area(politics can be a rather volatile area).
No need to reintroduce yourself, you were trying to voice your opinion, and be a voice for others, to politicians, and they didn't like it.

Soo, back to the original topic, what is everyone else's job?

It did seem that y'all were getting off topic here, but then... Duh! This IS the Off-topic section, so you're ok.

My occupation is village idiot, but before you get any fancy ideas that it's easy to succeed in this rewarding career let me warn you it takes years of studying under the experts. I spent years gleaning the wisdom from Democrats and Republicans before I could even think about advancing to the master level of ultraconservative liberal. Many people don't even know what that means. It takes the right stuff to become VI, and, if you don't have it, aim for something easier; like being an astronaut.

Last edited:
I'm an IT customer service manager.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back