Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Messengers

Default Messengers

I thought maybe if you had a instant messenger of any kind like yahoo, msn, aim, icq you could post it here so we could all keep in contact on and off the forums.

Mine is:
    [Email / MSN name removed for protection]
    Last edited by Peachy; 01-Mar-2008 at 23:31. Reason: See purple text

There's a space for you to put your IM address in your profile. That way you can just look in someones profile (or they can look in yours) and get it. I don't think it's a particularly awesome idea to post your email address in a public forum.

Peachy

Please follow Jake's advice - store your MSN address in your profile: Go to "User CP" in the upper left corner of your screen, then click on "edit profile" and put your MSN name in the field provided.
    That's a lot safer than posting your MSN name and email address in the public forum! Everyone can see it - spam bots and perverts just as much as honorable users. So in order to protect you from perverted requests for webcam conversations that include removal of clothing, I have removed your plan text email. Please leave your MSN name in your profile only...for your own safety!

Peachy

Yup. You really should post your instant messenger details only in your profiles. That way, you have more control over who sees them.

FullMetal

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSunDS View Post
    What Jack said, useless thread.
    You honestly do not have to word things like that. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Oh ok. I am sorry
    And don't be, it was an honest mistake. It take a bit of time to get used to the way of the forum. Anyway, even if, there are IM mechanisms here on the site. Including IRC and Flashchat. Both tons of fun if you would like to speak to a bunch of people from the site instead of one (or even one given the PM window.)

FullMetal

Quote Originally Posted by FM
    You honestly do not have to word things like that. Thank you.
    I'm afraid my English grammar isn't developed enough to understand sentences such as this one. But I don't see what's wrong with my post.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSunDS View Post
    I'm afraid my English grammar isn't developed enough to understand sentences such as this one. But I don't see what's wrong with my post.
    He says that the way you formed it, it's rude.

I figured.

What should I have said? I can't think of any way to phrase "This thread is useless" indirectly.