What are you reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdorbzLittleGirl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Just what the title says~ The other threads are probably dead... so I'm starting a brand new one! ^w^

I'm reading Magnus Chase and The Gods of Asgard: The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan.

Pretty obvious why because everyone should know I adore Loki by now. :D

I read a lot and tend to go through a book every other day.

Buuut um! Currently I'm reading, "11/22/63" by Stephen King. <^.^7

Stories of Your Life and Others by Ted Chiang. You could say I was inspired by Arrival. ^.^

I'm reading a book that my grandson has read, "The Unwanteds". He wanted me to read it. It's actually pretty good.

Nothing right now but I just finished a fascinating old autobiography from 1954 about the Edwardian stage actress, Ada Reeve, whose quote I use on my signature. I'm interested in the early 1900s and collect old postcards of bygone beauties of the day and to read her account of living through things like the Jack the Ripper scare and the Jack Johnson/ Tommy Burns prize fight was really cool. Here's a scan of one of my postcards.
Ada Reeve feather hat.jpg

I am currently reading A Mother's Reckoning: Living in the Aftermath of Tragedy by Sue Klebold. So far it is a beautiful (by beautiful I mean the writing style) book and I highly recommend it :)

Does reading this thread count?! lol

I am currently not reading anything. Some very good posts here though.

My dad actually has a novel manuscript that he's never published that I'm working my way through. It feels kinda trippy because it reads exactly like my dad talks but I suppose that makes sense because he wrote it &#55357;&#56838;

"The End of the Cold War" by Robert Service. It's quite a hefty paperback, and I'm working through it quite slowly at the minute (Uni stuff, blah blah), but it's fascinating!

I've been reading a lot of primary source-type spiritual books recently such as the Bhagavad Gita and the Dhammapada. I love these and their structure, it's incredibly assuring. Also, along the same lines, I'm reading "An Intimate Note to the Sincere Seeker" by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, I have a few of the 7 volumes I received as a gift and they are absolutely fulfilling. Not sure if this is a phase or turning a new chapter in my life but these texts and others have reawawoken the spirit within me.

Dream Catcher by Stephen King. Nearly finished it though.

Maximusheronimus said:
a book about highly sensitive persons.. ( i am, and reading as much as i can)
Interesting. I'm HSP myself.

just finished reading Ring. there are a bunch of movies based on the book. 4 teenagers die mysteriously at the same time, all having heart attacks and a look of fear on their faces. A news writer and close associate investigate and get pulled into the curse as well. The story covers their adventure in uncovering the history of the curse and the way to escape it.

Asterix and the Picts

I started reading A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron. I want to see the movie, but we didn't have enough at the time... so I got the book. It's good so far, and it's really sad. :c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back