Can someone explain furries for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would agree with the fact that its a very broad classification.

I don't have an interest in fursuits but I write about anthropmorphic animal characters often enough. Though admittedly I mostly tend to go for characters that are very human in the way they act rather then animal like, but that's just me. Sometimes I even have dreams where I'm Miles "Tails" Prower or can shapeshift into him.

I think interest in the style of characters mentioned above by others is enough to qualify as a "furry". Its more of a fantasizing thing for me.

edit: Pamperchu does sound disgusting

Last edited:
LittleJess said:
Ah, yeah I understand that every community has a small group of "sickos" who make the entire group look worse than they actually are, ie bronies and cloppers which give the impression the whole group are sickos when it's only 1-2 people.

I guess pamperchu is an extreme example of a sicko making the entire AB/DL community look bad for example.

True, In every group there is always 1 or 2 people who make the whole group look bad. This even applies to religion, and other groups like Bronies, Hipsters and Furries, and even ABDL's, because there is always a few nuts that ruin it for the whole bushel.

For me I think "otherkin" would be more accurate, I came across a medical name for it but have since forgotten, for me it's more spiritual then anything else, I have dreams as a Dragon, Raven/crow (not sure on that one as I only remember a crappy reflection off of a window and was a raven or a crow, then some times as a deer as well, I don't know if it's say a totem animal trying to communicate with me or that I have lived as these animals in the past, I seem to identity with animals more then I do with humans. Every time I have such a dream I try to write it down so I don't forget how the dream played out. I have had these experiences going way back to a child and for me there is very little sexual attraction to other furries and humans alike and just use the term asexual as for me this much more spiritual then anything else. I view it as a continuing of life.
the definition of a fur is wide one and is generally unique to each person

as a side note I rarely role play and an anthropomorphic version

When I do have a fursona if you will, it's a wolf I have been working on, I have an articulated mask that I do some times wear around, I get some of the most entertaining looks when driving with my stuff on

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back