Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: The demons we live with.

Quote Originally Posted by HeronimusM View Post
    Hi Tommy ! you could do a HSP test, ( highly sensitive person ) http://hsperson.com/ dr. Elaine Aron is THE person to get books from...
    Yep, I was trying to remember how to spell her name but that's the one I was talking about. I haven't clicked your link, but I suspect its the same test my therapist gave me before he determined I was HSP. There were 20 questions and I scored 18 out of 20. I think it was something like any scores above about 8 suggested leaning towards the HSP side of the scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoirse96 View Post
    I struggle with Major Depressive Disorder and Severe Anxiety. Sometime this year I also started hearing voices, which only my psychologist knows about. I also have suicidal thoughts pretty much every hour. I’ve also dealt with bullying for most of my life for my former vision impairment and then being gay in high school (I’m 21 now). I also am still getting over a bit of a traumatic experience that almost ruined my life permanently.

I’m trying, but it’s hard, and I’m getting tired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't want to be intrusive or assume anything here, but has your psychologist had your doctor prescribe antipsychotic medication and if he or she has have you responded to it? I was diagnosed with psychosis many years ago and I still take antipsychotic medication. For me it wasnt hearing voices but instead I believed that people were trying to harm or kill me which is called paranoid psychosis. I thought I was completely rational and the docs were wrong but this apparently is a common reaction for people who deal with this. I had these experiences or episodes before and they calmed down but then came back again. During psychotic periods it was very difficult to go outside or function normally. I believe these kinds of psychoses are in many cases related to serious mental illness so you really need to get treatment for it if its a psychosis. Im not sure how much your illness is related to your previous circumstances like bullying but the psychotic episodes themselves are traumatic. I can still remember some of mine as if they happened yesterday. And even though other people think these feelings are irrational they in fact feel very real. I cant stress how important it is to get treated. The meds can be difficult to take but they can save your life. Take care.
    Last edited by mikesecret; 17-Jul-2017 at 03:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommycombs View Post
    Yep, I was trying to remember how to spell her name but that's the one I was talking about. I haven't clicked your link, but I suspect its the same test my therapist gave me before he determined I was HSP. There were 20 questions and I scored 18 out of 20. I think it was something like any scores above about 8 suggested leaning towards the HSP side of the scale.
    Hi Tommycombs, yes that would be a similar test...
    like if you are sensitive for smell light noises and peoples body language and sensitive to vibes in a room

Hi Tommycombs, yes that would be a similar test...
    like if you are sensitive for smell light noises and peoples body language and sensitive to vibes in a room
    When I was diagnosed and had it explained to me, it made immediate sense. Vibes indeed! In my teens and 20s I went through a phase where I thought I was psychic. I did tarot readings all the time and insisted I was always picking up vibes from everyone and everywhere. I was naturally better at sensing things than most and I attributed this to my "powers". But being this sensitive is more of a curse to me than a strength.

When I was diagnosed and had it explained to me, it made immediate sense. Vibes indeed! In my teens and 20s I went through a phase where I thought I was psychic. I did tarot readings all the time and insisted I was always picking up vibes from everyone and everywhere. I was naturally better at sensing things than most and I attributed this to my "powers". But being this sensitive is more of a curse to me than a strength.
    completely true ! also if you like music, you can enjoy it with some powers from outerspace, get really exited and pumping up your energy or get real emotional about it, everyone has this in a way, but "we" are going next level into it.

i'm from Europe so i've read other books similar but check out https://www.amazon.com/Highly-Sensit...0208136&sr=1-1
    and https://www.amazon.com/Highly-Sensit...0208136&sr=1-3

learn to accept things are as they are, build in some ME space, get a spare room converted into TommySpace... get things in what you like, your favorite diapers, and so on, sorta mancave but a private one...
    when overwhelmed by public transport and the noises, get a musicplayer with noise-cancelling headphones... look at music which brings calm and peace...

you may send me a PM for more private things, i would be honoured to help out...

completely true ! also if you like music, you can enjoy it with some powers from outerspace, get really exited and pumping up your energy or get real emotional about it, everyone has this in a way, but "we" are going next level into it.

i'm from Europe so i've read other books similar but check out https://www.amazon.com/Highly-Sensit...0208136&sr=1-1
    and https://www.amazon.com/Highly-Sensit...0208136&sr=1-3

learn to accept things are as they are, build in some ME space, get a spare room converted into TommySpace... get things in what you like, your favorite diapers, and so on, sorta mancave but a private one...
    when overwhelmed by public transport and the noises, get a musicplayer with noise-cancelling headphones... look at music which brings calm and peace...

you may send me a PM for more private things, i would be honoured to help out...
    You are awesome, good sir. I'll also add I've fallen big time for mobile virtual reality. That is my newest way of escaping things, at least for a little while. But being highly sensitive also makes this whole "being into diapers" thing make sense since it's a way to decrease that intensity. A way that my young brain figured out early in life and wouldn't let me forget!

I feel some of us are sensitive I'm.
    I tend to feel others pain I look at life as we were little in the beginning we loved every one.
    Then as we grew up it's all gone.
    All kids shows are care for one another do the right things.
    How did the world get turned around.
    I grew up in a time were you looked after the under dog like Otis from Andy Griffith and Barney goober people like that.
    The world would be kinder place.
    It was once said the children show the way.
    Yes I'm a sentive I feel energy but with any sentive I can't explain it to you.
    Most would never believe me anyway.
    I just care for everyone .
    Yes I deal with depression but no drugs I don't wish to go back to not feeling things.
    To feel nature is so cool.
    But alas it's very lonely when those that love you.
    You can't touch you can only feel their energy.
    But they are very special to me.

Quote Originally Posted by foxkits View Post
    I feel some of us are sensitive I'm.
    I tend to feel others pain I look at life as we were little in the beginning we loved every one.
    Then as we grew up it's all gone.
    All kids shows are care for one another do the right things.
    How did the world get turned around.
    I grew up in a time were you looked after the under dog like Otis from Andy Griffith and Barney goober people like that.
    The world would be kinder place.
    It was once said the children show the way.
    Yes I'm a sentive I feel energy but with any sentive I can't explain it to you.
    Most would never believe me anyway.
    I just care for everyone .
    Yes I deal with depression but no drugs I don't wish to go back to not feeling things.
    To feel nature is so cool.
    But alas it's very lonely when those that love you.
    You can't touch you can only feel their energy.
    But they are very special to me.
    maybe you are a HSP person also !
    try out the Elaine Aron HSP Test http://hsperson.com/test/highly-sensitive-test/

- - - Updated - - -

You are awesome, good sir. I'll also add I've fallen big time for mobile virtual reality. That is my newest way of escaping things, at least for a little while. But being highly sensitive also makes this whole "being into diapers" thing make sense since it's a way to decrease that intensity. A way that my young brain figured out early in life and wouldn't let me forget!
    trying to net get the "adult thing" take total control off things, getting into another zone is key, i listen often to music on headphones and drift away into the music, do you like piano music? and repetitive? maybe try this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7yeIWne0iw

also a good hike at the beach would work, get up early before the whole state want's to walk at the beach ( carefull with the sea)

try out the Elaine Aron HSP Test http://hsperson.com/test/highly-sensitive-test/

- - - Updated - - -

trying to net get the "adult thing" take total control off things, getting into another zone is key, i listen often to music on headphones and drift away into the music, do you like piano music? and repetitive? maybe try this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7yeIWne0iw

also a good hike at the beach would work, get up early before the whole state want's to walk at the beach ( carefull with the sea)
    Well scored 13 on test
    But some of the questions don't fit but I feel yes.
    I have never been tested or had therapy as an adult I hate change like set rules.
    I just don't fit .
    I can't stay focused on one thing so probably suffer from ADD .

I scored a 23 on the test. A lot of questions applied to me. Not only because of High-Functioning Autism, but also factors from my past that have influenced my behavior.