I have tried them all. Dry 24/7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just woke up this morning in confidry 247 and I was thinking, "if I had to pick one non-abdl diaper to wear for the rest of my life, this would probably be it." All white, good leak guards, front and rear elastic, smooth plastic shell, soft feel inside and out, good capacity, great wicking, comfortable fit", it presses a lot of the right buttons. I'd judge it to be the best "traditional disposable diaper" available right now. I know a lot of people would vote for betterdry for the same reasons, and in europe that may be the preferred option due to the difference in availability over there.

I'll stick with Bianco Ultra-Stretch.

I have been wearing a combination of Dry 24/7 and Seni Quatro for the last several months. I really like them both (and I never thought I would say that about a cloth-backed diaper like the Seni). But here is what I've discovered in that time:

I write, in general, in a recumbent position on my couch, and when I do so I am often there for hours at a time. Since I am IC, I wet a lot--fairly constantly, and I don't always know when my diaper is reaching a state when it is becoming soaked. Since both of these diapers are super premiums, I expect them to last for several hours, so I'm not usually worried about them and I'm not checking myself constantly. Over these months, there have been a couple of dozen times when I have overflowed before my noticing and have had to change not only my diaper but my clothing as well (and clean up the couch, which is leather so it isn't difficult). Here is the thing: all of these events have occurred while I was wearing Dry 24/7s. I have yet to overflow in a Seni, though I wear them in exactly the same way.

I like the Dry 24/7s and will likely continue to use them, but my impulse right now is to make the Seni my everyday diaper. I've only had one seepage incident in a year of using them, and it wasn't major, and as I've said: no overflows. (According to the xpmedical.com tests, the Seni is second--and only by a tad--to the Dry 24/7 in capacity and considerably faster in acquisition rate, which I can attest to. And it just feels dryer when wet.) So, bottom line: if your preference is for a huge plastic-backed diaper that works really well, you can't go wrong with the Dry 24/7 (but pay attention after several hours). But I recommend the Seni Quatro.

Agree 100%

I see nothing but praise for the Dry 24/7 and it is often considered the pinnacle of the premium medical diaper market. I generally see it compared to other premium medical diapers though, such as Abenas and Northshores. How do you guys feel they compare to premium ABDL diapers like those from ABU though as far as performance goes? The best thing I've ever tried are Abenas, and I am looking to soon try out something new and take it up a notch, so I'm torn between getting some Dry 24/7s and some ABU Space diapers and Cushies. Which do you feel is superior?

someguy26 said:
I see nothing but praise for the Dry 24/7 and it is often considered the pinnacle of the premium medical diaper market. I generally see it compared to other premium medical diapers though, such as Abenas and Northshores. How do you guys feel they compare to premium ABDL diapers like those from ABU though as far as performance goes? The best thing I've ever tried are Abenas, and I am looking to soon try out something new and take it up a notch, so I'm torn between getting some Dry 24/7s and some ABU Space diapers and Cushies. Which do you feel is superior?

Kerry is spot on. The only disadvantage to the Dry 24/7 is that fact that they don't wick as quickly as some other diapers with SAP, such as Tykables and the ABU's. I think what is happening in Kerry's situation (because I'd have similar happen to me) is that when the Dry 24/7s start to fill up, because they don't wick as quick the urine tends to start traveling down your skin vs being absorbed into the diaper, which can cause minor leaks. If I flood a Tykables or ABU that's already been used, they are generally fine, but if I flood a Dry 24/7 that has already had two wettings I certainly risk having pee run down my legs. Generally, if you give it 15-20 seconds it will absorb, but that first few seconds you do risk a leak.

For me, I like Tykables due to the fit of the 24/7's plus the SAP like the ABU's. The ABU's don't fit real well on me, the M's are too small and the L's too big. I know of others in the 34-36 range with the same issue. I'd recommend trying all three and seeing what you like best.

I can definitely see why people like them, I've bought them a few times. The absorbency is definitely there, the tapes have improved a lot over the years, and the waistband is nice. My problem with them is the plastic. I understand wanting that hard of a plastic, I don't like A+ and NorthShore Care precisely because their plastic is too thin and it tears too easily, but the Dry 24-7 just goes too hard in the other direction, it tends to dig into my legs, especially if I've been sitting in a wheelchair for several hours.

I always end up going back to Abena AbriForm L4s, their plastic hits the sweetspot for me, strong enough not to tear, but soft enough to be comfortable. And the absorbency, tapes, etc. are as good as ever. Prettymuch just wish they'd give me a waistband, but I doubt they're making improvements on a product they're only continuing due to backlash if they got rid of it.

ProudPaddedBro said:
Kerry is spot on. The only disadvantage to the Dry 24/7 is that fact that they don't wick as quickly as some other diapers with SAP, such as Tykables and the ABU's. I think what is happening in Kerry's situation (because I'd have similar happen to me) is that when the Dry 24/7s start to fill up, because they don't wick as quick the urine tends to start traveling down your skin vs being absorbed into the diaper, which can cause minor leaks. If I flood a Tykables or ABU that's already been used, they are generally fine, but if I flood a Dry 24/7 that has already had two wettings I certainly risk having pee run down my legs. Generally, if you give it 15-20 seconds it will absorb, but that first few seconds you do risk a leak.

For me, I like Tykables due to the fit of the 24/7's plus the SAP like the ABU's. The ABU's don't fit real well on me, the M's are too small and the L's too big. I know of others in the 34-36 range with the same issue. I'd recommend trying all three and seeing what you like best.
Thanks. Sounds like the ABUs are closer to what I'm looking for.

ProudPaddedBro said:
Kerry is spot on. The only disadvantage to the Dry 24/7 is that fact that they don't wick as quickly as some other diapers with SAP, such as Tykables and the ABU's.

I've had somewhat of the opposite luck with them, they seem to wick very fast for me, much moreso than most of the higher sap diapers. They also have a much more obvious "wet feeling" on the skin when wet than high sap diapers. (and they don't swell as much either, not surprisingly) I just woke up this morning in a fairly damp CD247 and it verified pretty much everything I just said. *shrug* Overall they function very similar to a bambino bianco that has had the padding compressed down a bit to make them a little thinner when dry. (that and the difference in the tapes and softer shell of the 247) They've got nearly identical capacity, wicking, swelling, and wet feeling.

I really want to try Dry 24/7 someday. In fact, just about every other plastic backed diaper I haven't tried is on my "want to try" list.

The Dry 24/7 are nice and thick, but seriously for a diaper with such theoretical capacity they leak way to early, I have more faith in Abena L4 than these, sure they are nice between the legs, but they seem to lack the wicking ability of the L4.

I only have sporadic incontinence issues (like once a month). I just wore one Bianco Ultra-Stretch 24/7 (with some minor safety pin repairs) for 6½ days. Try THAT with with the 24/7s.

Kenn said:
I only have sporadic incontinence issues (like once a month). I just wore one Bianco Ultra-Stretch 24/7 (with some minor safety pin repairs) for 6½ days. Try THAT with with the 24/7s.

Frankly, that doesn't strike me as particularly hygienic.

Wow, you wouldn't even wear the same underwear for more than a day (or at least I hope not). But a week? And a diaper at that?

Slomo said:
Wow, you wouldn't even wear the same underwear for more than a day (or at least I hope not). But a week? And a diaper at that?

First of all, I have toilet seat bidets on all toilets - the toilet paper used is wet but clean. At the end of the period, the diaper did not even smell - other than slightly of skin oil and baby powder (both of which I like). I have a spray bottle of IPA that I use if there is a small issue, which kills any bacteria and odor. I use this spray IPA as arm deodorant after and between showers also.

I have been wearing a single diaper this long a period for months, the last diaper case being Tena Stretch Super. I have had no issues and nobody knows but me (and this community of course, lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back