To me this is not a fetish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rado

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
So, I've been wearing diapers for 24/7 three weeks today. I keep telling myself I'm not going to put on another diaper, I'm done. But, that never happeneds. .

Today I was detailing my car. It takes me almost 6 hours to complete the process. Morning, I was fine. The afternoon, got hot and I was ready to take off my diaper. It was fullish anyways and I was hot. After taking it off, 20'minutes later I just had to wear a diaper. So I put one on and continued on working my car and working theough the humid 80 degree temp.

I'm loving wesring and working through the bad parts of wearing. I don't even consider this a fetish anymore. I don't do anything sexual in them. I love wearing them for comfort and de stress

Depends on your definition of the word fetish.

Fetish doesn't necessarily mean sexual desire, it can also mean obsessive compulsion. The way to determine if its a fetish or not or at least not entirely. "Am I wearing this because if I don't I have genuine concern I am going to have an accident or am I wearing it because I crave to wear diapers?" if it's the later it is by some definitions a fetish. Unless its purely pratical for such a reason as knowing you won't have acccess to a toilet or incontinence, it's a fetish. Heck even some of us with some degrees of incontinence know there is a sexual or compulsive side as to why we where.

Last edited:
Maxx said:
A rose by any other name..

Welcome back Maxx. I do not understand why it matters if it is a fetish or not. Concentrate on the good things in life, like detailing the car. Enjoy life.

If you don't like the word fetish, you could always call it "The Stranger".

rennecfox said:
If you don't like the word fetish, you could always call it "The Stranger".

Stranger danger!

Rado said:
So, I've been wearing diapers for 24/7 three weeks today. I keep telling myself I'm not going to put on another diaper, I'm done. But, that never happeneds. .

Today I was detailing my car. It takes me almost 6 hours to complete the process. Morning, I was fine. The afternoon, got hot and I was ready to take off my diaper. It was fullish anyways and I was hot. After taking it off, 20'minutes later I just had to wear a diaper. So I put one on and continued on working my car and working theough the humid 80 degree temp.

I'm loving wesring and working through the bad parts of wearing. I don't even consider this a fetish anymore. I don't do anything sexual in them. I love wearing them for comfort and de stress

Based on your descriptions, even if you did play/have sex in a diaper it STILL wouldn't be a fetish.

I've said this many times, if you love a person and still have sex with them, you wouldn't call your relationship a fetish. The same applies to your love for diapers (and yes, you can truly love inanimate objects).

The word 'fetish' is used for almost everything these days. Most of the stuff that's on fetlife are not fetishes either based on the psychiatric definition.

Yeah, my bigger question is, what kind of car do you own that you spend 6 hours cleaning it? I have a Honda Pilot that I dearly loved until a couple tree branches fell on it, denting it. It's now no longer perfect and I no longer love it. And oh yeah, it's a fetish. Okay....kidding on the last, but I agree with Maxx and Mother Faith. I'll also add that different people seem to experience diaper wearing in our good, cross section group. For some, it can be very sexual like myself, but others say it's more of a comfort thing. I'm not sure it matters as long as you're okay with wearing diapers.

I don't like the word but I don't deny it applies to me. I think I squirm at the sound of it because of this innate sense of shame I grew up with. "Fetish" always seemed to carry around a personal definition of "pervert", "sexual deviant", "creep", etc.

I have far more complex feelings and emotions for ABDL stuff than justifies calling it by that definition. I don't want to think I'm the weirdo that mothers warn their children to avoid.

Rado said:

Seems to me like a sensory processing disorder, which would make the diapers a medical necessity. It's not a big deal, but you could probably even get a prescription from your doctor if they are understanding enough.

dogboy said:
Yeah, my bigger question is, what kind of car do you own that you spend 6 hours cleaning it? I have a Honda Pilot that I dearly loved until a couple tree branches fell on it, denting it. It's now no longer perfect and I no longer love it. And oh yeah, it's a fetish. Okay....kidding on the last, but I agree with Maxx and Mother Faith. I'll also add that different people seem to experience diaper wearing in our good, cross section group. For some, it can be very sexual like myself, but others say it's more of a comfort thing. I'm not sure it matters as long as you're okay with wearing diapers.

I have a Buick Regal GS that falls into that spot, in 2009 I blacked out a rear ended another car and totaled mine, smashed the whole front in, air bags deployed and the insurance totaled it but I bought the wreckage back from the insurance company for 970 bucks and over 3 months I repaired it my self, and since had had two people back into my car causing minor cosmetic damage so I gave up on cosmetics, it's 3 different colors now but still runs wonderful, being supercharged I surprise people by being able to beat them in a beater car, mechanically I maintain it but gave up on cosmetics, now it falls into a car that would be called a sleeper, does not look quick until all you see is my tail lights lol, even though now it's not as fast as new cars I still love it even though it's 16 years old now. I name my cars and that one is "Cerberus" My rusting hulk of an suv a 1998 mercury mountaineer is know as Thunder Child from the war of the worlds story line, it rusing away so far that I may rename it "Event Horizon" like a truck I had in the past, the point that steel can no longer escape the of the ravages of rust, so in a way a point of no return for steel and who knows I may keep it long enough to break in half like the ship form the same titled movie. both vehicles I no longer own the Buick Century had been rear ended that twisted the unibody making it unpredictable to drive but I kept the s-10 till I hit a deer, that truck was an 18th B-day present and I kept it on the road still 2005, the deer damaged it past economical repair, I had gotten in it 1993, I generaly drive vehical till they rust apart or have a catastrophic drive line failure. the red jeep at the front of my home I called "the Dragon Wagon"
P1280192.JPG

Last edited:
dogboy said:

I have a 2014 Audi A6 Prestige in Daytona Grey and a 2015 Chevrolet Colorado 4 DR LT in Canyon Red (hence my name) and my wife drives a black 2013 Acura TLX. I love spending time on my cars and detailing them. Matter of fact, I was in my truck and got rear ended Friday as the woman was texting and not paying attention. Bumper got beat up and the tailgate got scratched.

My driveway wraps around the back of the house thus no one can see me. I thought about just wearing a diaper and a t-shirt but I was expecting a Fedex delivery that never came and did not want to be seen. But! One day I will give it a try. When I first got into diapers it was more sexual. But,these past couple years it has been less of sexual but more for comfort. Since I have been wearing three weeks straight, it has been strictly for comfort. Also, this will be on another thread, but I want to tell my wife. I am trying to think about how I want to approach it. So I am willing to take some time before pulling the trigger by year end.

Cool on the cars. I had a 1970 340 Duster that I bored .030 over with 12 1/2:1 compression ratio racing pistons, Crower cam, Appliance headers, Edlebrock high rise manifold, four barrel Carter, etc. I lived in Ohio and it eventually rusted in half. Living in the rust belt sucks as you just can't keep a great car unless you garage it during the winter.

My Pilot though a V six, has duel overhead cams and four valves per cylinder. It gets out and goes, just not like the Duster of course. I actually still wash it, etc and I love to drive it, but I have trouble living with the dents as I'm somewhat OCD. I have washed it while diapered, but I wear shorts over my diaper. Still, it's fun to be out there and diapered.

Spaz said:
The word 'fetish' is used for almost everything these days. Most of the stuff that's on fetlife are not fetishes either based on the psychiatric definition.

I've got to agree with this. Yes the word is -incorrectly- being used to describe way too many things which actually don't apply.

Others see this and are wrongly led into believing it has a different meaning. They in turn use it incorrecty, which then just confuses those of us who actually do know what it means.

And this problem isn't limited to just the word fetish either.

If you mean fetish as in sexual then I am far from it. I use diapers as a way to abstain from sexual activities and be able to focus. I recently returned to diapers because i needed to get a grip of myself again. I have problems controlling my sexual side. A diaper for me in short is a way to be innocent again. Hints the reason I am both AB and DL.

MatalicPebble said:
If you mean fetish as in sexual then I am far from it. I use diapers as a way to abstain from sexual activities and be able to focus. I recently returned to diapers because i needed to get a grip of myself again. I have problems controlling my sexual side. A diaper for me in short is a way to be innocent again. Hints the reason I am both AB and DL.

All fetishes ARE sexual. This is by the very definition of the word in its modern context.

So then by your description it sounds like you do not have a fetish after all. Maybe even the exact opposite. If I had to guess, I'd say you have a diaper loving compulsion. BIG difference from a fetish, and would be just fine for you to wear a diaper around kids.

The OP did infer he has a fetish though, and with a nearly opposite motivation from yours I'm sure you can see why it would be inapropriate. I'm kind of surprised he hasn't been banned yet for it. Maybe the admins are just waiting on some clarification first.

Slomo said:
All fetishes ARE sexual. This is by the very definition of the word in its modern context.

So then by your description it sounds like you do not have a fetish after all. Maybe even the exact opposite. If I had to guess, I'd say you have a diaper loving compulsion. BIG difference from a fetish, and would be just fine for you to wear a diaper around kids.

The OP did infer he has a fetish though, and with a nearly opposite motivation from yours I'm sure you can see why it would be inapropriate. I'm kind of surprised he hasn't been banned yet for it. Maybe the admins are just waiting on some clarification first.

Banned for what?

Rado said:
Banned for what?

They generally wouldn't ban right off, but posts about making yourself incontinent (how to do so) are banned, I'm presuming Slomo is referring to your post about how you make yourself bedwet.

rennecfox said:
They generally wouldn't ban right off, but posts about making yourself incontinent (how to do so) are banned, I'm presuming Slomo is referring to your post about how you make yourself bedwet.

Who would of thought, didn't know that would be an issue. I really encourage the admins to email me and to further discuss if that's the case opposed to ...

- - - Updated - - -

dogboy said:
Cool on the cars. I had a 1970 340 Duster that I bored .030 over with 12 1/2:1 compression ratio racing pistons, Crower cam, Appliance headers, Edlebrock high rise manifold, four barrel Carter, etc. I lived in Ohio and it eventually rusted in half. Living in the rust belt sucks as you just can't keep a great car unless you garage it during the winter.

My Pilot though a V six, has duel overhead cams and four valves per cylinder. It gets out and goes, just not like the Duster of course. I actually still wash it, etc and I love to drive it, but I have trouble living with the dents as I'm somewhat OCD. I have washed it while diapered, but I wear shorts over my diaper. Still, it's fun to be out there and diapered.

To be honest, that was a foreign language to me. But, being an Ohioan I understand the cancerous rust issue. The chevy has a 10 year 100k mile rust warranty. My first Colorado (04) rusted around the rear passenger windows in 8 years. If I remember correctly a tree fell on yours. Would insurance not take care of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back