Not open for further replies.

70sHead

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
So starting last year, I got worsening bowel problems. I was diagnosed with IBS. Its got to the point where I'm bowel incontinent. My doctor basically said "good luck" with no advice. Does anyone have any advise or otherwise anything that can help me?

I have the same problem as you. I learned certain foods can trigger it like spices, greasy foods and hard foods.

I have noticed foods that make it worse, but pretty much all foods cause it for myself.

PamperedGoddess said:
I have the same problem as you. I learned certain foods can trigger it like spices, greasy foods and hard foods.

Same for me. I've had it since I was a young child. The good news is you learn to eat much better. Basically, cut caffeine, fried foods and high fat content foods out of your diet. Oddly enough some foods like milk, cheese and bread help curb my symptoms. Exercise helps. Also try to reduce your stress levels. In the end, I still have messy diapers, but these things keep me from having as many messes as I would have otherwise. Oh yeah, standing leak guards in disposables help a lot as does keeping your hair trimmed close down there, which makes cleanup easier.

70sHead said:
So starting last year, I got worsening bowel problems. I was diagnosed with IBS. Its got to the point where I'm bowel incontinent. My doctor basically said "good luck" with no advice. Does anyone have any advise or otherwise anything that can help me?

It helps to get comfortable with using briefs, particularly changing them. Also this is important, try not to let it get you too stressed as that is actually a major ibs trigger. Its best to find a diaper system that can handle your leakage (you may also want to discuss this with doctor possibly about prescribing them). Learning if you have any trigger foods is also good, try to keep an eye what you are eating when episodes happen. Also don't let feeling good at a moment lull you into a false sense of security, an episode can occur pretty near instantaneously.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the responses it's been difficult the last few days for me. I appreciate the help.

70sHead said:
Thank you all for the responses it's been difficult the last few days for me. I appreciate the help.

No problem. I feel like I can write a book on this topic.

I'm in the same boat. Except it's very sporadic. In terms of what can trigger it, it varies. Widely. That's the sporadic part. It's fairly regular in terms of how often though.

Spaz said:
No problem. I feel like I can write a book on this topic.

Well absolutely feel free to if so inclined.

70sHead said:
Well absolutely feel free to if so inclined.

No time. My life is extremely busy.

Spaz said:
No time. My life is extremely busy.

I feel it. I am in med school, full time job etc.

Spaz said:
Same for me. I've had it since I was a young child. The good news is you learn to eat much better. Basically, cut caffeine, fried foods and high fat content foods out of your diet. Oddly enough some foods like milk, cheese and bread help curb my symptoms. Exercise helps. Also try to reduce your stress levels. In the end, I still have messy diapers, but these things keep me from having as many messes as I would have otherwise. Oh yeah, standing leak guards in disposables help a lot as does keeping your hair trimmed close down there, which makes cleanup easier.
I can't say anything to bread , but dairy/cheese is known to be constipating for most people, if that helps your control use it !

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back