Why are you a little/AB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needing to be "Little" at times has been a means of keeping me from mentally going cuckoo.
If I did not find this coping mechanism, I would have ended-up in a straitjacket and locked-away
in a padded seclusion room.
Being little is just a natural part of me being me as an older Autistic with Cerebral Palsy.

I was bitten by a radioactive infant. No cure sadly.

Because it's comforting and it makes me feel protected, cared for, nurtured, and overall happy. It's one giant protective cocoon all around me. I tend to think more clearly, be more fair and caring, and treat others far nicer than I normally would. I switch into this 1/3 of my identity that has all of the positive features that I like about myself at the cost of giving in to a weird, misunderstood desire. I tend to check myself more with my anger because that isn't really what Tommycombs is about is he? Those bad feelings belong in the bad part of my identity, which go away when I'm Tommycombs.

To try and have a childhood I never really had?

It is fascinating hearing all the reasons for indulging in their little sides. Some very informative stories as well. I do see a common theme of relaxation and stress relieving which is very interesting. Getting away from the toll adult life takes on us is a crucial part of modern society. Everyone is always rushing around and employers want more and more from my experiences. I also find myself pondering that some use it to deal with more severe medical or life situations. I was thinking maybe it is used as a way of escaping the parts of our lives that cause pain or stress.

There is a little I used to spend time with who would say that without expressing everything about him he would end up bottling everything inside. He would say that spending time being a baby or little would allow the harsh world to fall away from him. He could escape from reality and stop his head overloading. One thing he mentioned was reliving childhood but I am not sure if he had a bad one like some here have explained. I see nothing but joy and healthy expression indulging in ones little side. I look forward to reading some more views and stories on the subject.

Honestly, I think I was just born this way. Maybe it's somewhat related to having a brother 6 years younger than me. I used to play with baby stuff with him. Watch nick jr and playhouse Disney and such. Or maybe that's just a way I masked it.

People used to make fun of me for it. Liking pastels and silly pop music. Having fun. So for a long time I cut off that part of myself. Cloaked it in darkness. Became obsessed with horror and metal and bondage pants. But, as much as those things are a part of me, they aren't all of me. Only the past few years have I started opening myself up again. My little side.

Being little is as natural to me as breathing. I never stopped liking cartoons and toys, playing on playgrounds. I could never understand why growing up meant you were supposed to give it up. "Outgrow" it. I still have a hard time understanding the adult world, though being little makes me feel like I can function in it better. It does take away some of the stress. Makes me feel a little more free, more alive. I'm sure people can see it in me, they always think I'm younger than I am. And my family still babies me sometimes. Ultimately it's just who I am. And it helps me deal with the stress of being an adult. It can make me feel okay when my depression and anxiety tell me I'm not. It helps me remember to breathe and that the world isn't always bad.

olithecupcake said:
Honestly, I think I was just born this way. Maybe it's somewhat related to having a brother 6 years younger than me. I used to play with baby stuff with him. Watch nick jr and playhouse Disney and such. Or maybe that's just a way I masked it.

People used to make fun of me for it. Liking pastels and silly pop music. Having fun. So for a long time I cut off that part of myself. Cloaked it in darkness. Became obsessed with horror and metal and bondage pants. But, as much as those things are a part of me, they aren't all of me. Only the past few years have I started opening myself up again. My little side.

Being little is as natural to me as breathing. I never stopped liking cartoons and toys, playing on playgrounds. I could never understand why growing up meant you were supposed to give it up. "Outgrow" it. I still have a hard time understanding the adult world, though being little makes me feel like I can function in it better. It does take away some of the stress. Makes me feel a little more free, more alive. I'm sure people can see it in me, they always think I'm younger than I am. And my family still babies me sometimes. Ultimately it's just who I am. And it helps me deal with the stress of being an adult. It can make me feel okay when my depression and anxiety tell me I'm not. It helps me remember to breathe and that the world isn't always bad.

OMG, you sound like me! At around 13, I uncharacteristically became obsessed with horror movies and gory special effects. In the late 80s I was what they called a "member of the Fango Family" but that interest may have psychologically been triggered as a reaction to all the teasing and harassment I was receiving at school. Right around that time, puberty, I REALLY began to notice diapers and that freaked me out.

I think mine started because I was being badly bullied at school, and being little helped me go back to a time that i felt safe. Now it serves the same function of a safety net. It helps me deal with my anxiety. It also now is a part of my relationship with my wife/mummy. Her accepting it really helps me to do the same.

Tommycombs said:
OMG, you sound like me! At around 13, I uncharacteristically became obsessed with horror movies and gory special effects. In the late 80s I was what they called a "member of the Fango Family" but that interest may have psychologically been triggered as a reaction to all the teasing and harassment I was receiving at school. Right around that time, puberty, I REALLY began to notice diapers and that freaked me out.

I LOVED horror movies! But I was much more into the music and fashion side of things. Heavy metal, black clothes, fishnets, stompy boots, that sorta thing. I've always been sorta dark though. I've often wondered how common it is for people to be in many different alternative scenes/lifestyles.

What's the fango family? Sounds interesting.

For me I'm sure a part of it was me wanting to be cool and fit in, but I did really enjoy it. I didn't start noticing diapers until a few years ago when I came across DDLG. I'm curious about them now. But chains and bondage and all that sort of BDSM stuff came first for me.

I'm rarely alone and able to, but it allows me to relax and forget about a ton of stuff. My dad has been very abusive my whole life. I have a ton of stress, am very tense, and am still fighting some other issues. It allows me to just forget about everything and it kinda allows my mind to simplify and reset a bit and not feel like I have to control absolutely everything possible. It's the only time I'm fully relaxed. When I'm having a rough time, I'll put on a diaper (if I have any) or try to secretly suck on my pacifier to calm down a bit.

I have anxiety issues too, and also I was diagnosed on the autism spectrum a few years ago. I mean, I'm capable of being an adult when I need to be, but I think those are the reasons why I have a little side.

Really I've been like this for as long as I can remember.

Nowadays I keep doing it for comfort and stress/anxiety relief.

I became an adult baby because when I was about six years old I developed a terrible fear of death. I would lay awake at night obsessing about getting older and the inevitability of my own demise. Since I was so worried about ageing to death the I decided to try imagining the opposite, and it worked. I continued to visualize myself getting younger and smaller at bedtime. When hormones got involved my age regression fantasies got mixed up with my developing sexuality and an AB/DL was born!

These days I am back to regressing more as a comfort thing, but it is also my preferred means of experiencing intimacy.

I just one day decided to try something new and got some diapers.
That was a slippery slope that I am very happy to have slipped on to x) I found out how relaxing and safe and nice this whole thing is!

I'm just wired with emotional intensity. Everything is more dramatic in my head. Everything more stressful, noisy, aggravating, and scary. You ever see that Michael Douglas movie from the 90s, "Falling Down"? The funny opening scene is pretty close to how my usual mentality is functioning. I'm extremely sensitive to rejection and disapproval, which I think is a big reason I've lived so far in the "diaper closet". I feel like the draw to this lifestyle, the desires and strong feelings stem from my early life and my brain finding a comfort mechanism to calm the noise. Unfortunately, that perfect comfort was then vilified in my young brain as something bad. Something gross. Something to be ashamed of.

But I own who I am now. This is me. A sensitive guy with trouble processing emotion. I've found a terrific way of easing my anxieties via a method that is misunderstood and ridiculed by the general population. I feel happy and I feel normal. This tells me that I've finally listened to what my brain (and heart) were telling me all along. I just want my comforts. I have no interest in actual babies or children. Just a guy who really kind of wishes he still was one, and is in his heart.

dollifyme said:
To try and have a childhood I never really had?

Same here.
My Childhood was Hell.

I used to be a purely DL. However, once I met other ABDLs, I grew to like some of the other aspects of being little, tried them, and really grew to like it and eventually just labelled myself an adult baby.

I've always been interested in little-ish things. There really is no reason as to why I'm a little, other than to sate urges i get to partake in such things.

My first 3 yrs of life had very abusive parents and idk really after i got adopted got 2 loving parents but i guess i like baby stuff because it is like a securty blankit for me, it makes me comfy to just get away from all the stress and stuff, I got ADD and little bit autism just like my lil brother(not sure if that has to do with be a little and abdl) :/ lol anywaaays its to help with stress and be happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back