How strong is the relationship between diapers and need for nurturing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gcanyon

Est. Contributor
Just curious but wouldn't you agree that most Abs/DLs feel the need for diapers because of an innate need to be nurtured? Could it be argued that those desiring diapers/bottles were never nurtured enough?

For your first point, it varies. People are going to give you different reasons for their motivations behind this. Some people might just find diapers arousing, for example.

As for the second point, I don't think that's necessarily the case. While some AB/DL's may report lackluster childhoods, others had normal ones. So while a lack of affection may influence some it's not that way for everyone.

For me personally, my AB side does have a deep need for love and care. But then I've had a DL side since childhood that finds padding arousing. Mine is just one of many explanations the people on this site can give you about their desires.

I've observed that each member on this site has their own, unique story to tell referring as to how they came to wearing diapers. In my case, I was adopted at the age of two, so seeking nurturing parents may be part of it, as I don't think parental nurturing happened until I was adopted.

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
... For me personally, my AB side does have a deep need for love and care. But then I've had a DL side since childhood that finds padding arousing. Mine is just one of many explanations the people on this site can give you about their desires.

I'm with Kimba on padding. I like the padding (which is both comforting and mildly arousing to me) the most. I like wetting my diaper because I find it very relaxing and relieves me mentally which using the toilet doesn't. My daily use of bottles and pacis is because I'm a 'little' and I like and need to feel like a toddler/child. Using those has nothing to do with wanting to be nurtured rather they get me into the 'little' zone and make me happy. In fact, I have no need to be nurtured whatsoever, but I have no doubt that a need for nurturing comes into play for some.

i definitely believe adult babies want nurture from caretakers. i know i love breast milk. always have nipple or dumby in my mouth make me happy. if caretaker holds me or plays with me i am very content

Sent from my SM-P555Y using Tapatalk

Gcanyon said:
Just curious but wouldn't you agree that most Abs/DLs feel the need for diapers because of an innate need to be nurtured? Could it be argued that those desiring diapers/bottles were never nurtured enough?

Actually no. I'm just fine living as a hermit. I also know my mom did plenty good in taking care of me as a baby, and personally doubt this had anything to do with it.

In fact, I have reason to believe it's just the opposite, and I myself wanted out of diapers because I had gotten too much nuturing attention at one point as a baby. Except that was my mistake and I've wanted to be back in them since I was potty trained.

There's a kind of AB that is motivated that way. Even within that subgroup, I bet you'd find a variety of childhood experiences and different theories as to why they're seeking that kind of treatment.

I only have my own experience to evaluate but I don't believe I lacked for nurturing, either as a feeling or when I talk to friends about childhood. It's fun to have a friend who enjoys this care for you in an AB sense but I don't crave it in the abstract.

dogboy said:
I've observed that each member on this site has their own, unique story to tell referring as to how they came to wearing diapers.

Totally agree. Questions similar to the OPs come up here from time to time; re: the source of our desires. I'm always surprised to hear the great variety of motivations expressed by our members - and the varying degrees of personal insight - in those threads.

In my case, I have come to see my diaper needs as being rooted with the need for nurturing, through and through. Understandably, I came to associate diapers and diapering with care, comfort, security, etc. - and they continue to subconsciously represent that for me. I'm not sure in my case how much of this is due to LACK of nurturing back in my early years, (I wasn't severely neglected) but it could be some. Coming to this conclusion has been enormously helpful in my process of acceptance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imma mummy's boy I have always been nurtured

I was a bottle baby because my mom had recovered from TB and it wasn't known then (1943) if her breast milk might affect a baby. So my first introduction to a breast was two decades later. I didn't lack for other forms of nurturing though, so in my case the answer is no.

I guess there is no black and white in this just shades of Gray.
I feel we are a mix some yes some no .
We may have been nurtured properly or some felt they weren't or some didn't get any.
It's all from the person's perspective not so much what they got or didn't get.
We very so much and some are a like in some ways.
In my case the diaper thing started as a punishment at which a waken feelings that I had forgotten the feeling's​ that felt very good.
But then the shame I felt afterwards​ when sent out to play in just diapers.
Now we develop over time to new things for some.
That day I wanted to be a baby and even playing being a baby at times afterwards.
But teesed and bullied made me want to be a baby to be loved and nurtured.
As time went on.
But puberty changed things too.
That's why there's not set cause for ab/dl we very so much.
Just groups that feel the same way.
I can only be loved as a baby I relate to that because of the abuse that has happened in my life.
It's the only time I was happy as a kid.

For me, it's slight. I wear because I need to at night, but when I wear during the day it's because I enjoy relaxing and just completely letting go. I don't know how to describe it, but it's awesome stress relief to be able to wet your pants and then just fall asleep on the couch :)

Nothing to do with nurturing. It's strictly mechanical. Nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back