Looking for a Good Pull Up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
slomo said:
trust me, you are not better off gettng up to go to go to the tiolet that often. You are better off actually getting 8+ hours of sleep.

that.

trouble63 said:
I understand what you're saying, but I wake up anyway. I would love to be able to sleep straight through, but it doesn't work that way for me. I could avoid getting up if I could use a ConfiDry without waking up when I need to go and could be sure it wouldn't leak, but I can't seem to get there.

If the pull up doesn't work satisfactorily, I'm thinking about going bk to a tape on brief w a booster pad and using plastic sheets. If I do go that route I understand that, over time, I may be able to just go in the diaper w/o waking up. I've herd of using hypnosis or a catheter to get past the waking up part, so I may end up giving that a try.

Thanks so much everyone for you thoughtful responses. It's why I'm here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still wake up every night as well, but that's not what I was talking about. Its the actually getting up. This wakes you up even more, and makes it much more difficult to go back to sleep.

If you stay in bed and just use a diaper, then it is much esier and faster to fall back asleep. As example; I give myself 9 for sleep, but with waking up to pee I usually get 8+ hours of actuall sleep. Back when I used to get up too, I would have to give myself 10 hours, and seldom ever got an actual 7 hours of sleep.

Oh, and when I am catheterized I do not wake up at all. I can get 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep and feel more well rested than even 12 hours of getting up to pee with interrupted sleep. Be careful with this though, relying on catheters too much can lead to developing a hyper sensitive urethra. I really can't use them anymore because of the pain they cause me just having it in place. Let alone the pain of putting one in.

It is awesome to not wake up to pee though. The rest gained is well worth waking up in a soaked diaper.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
You wear during the day but try not to during the night? Is the frequency that bad?

Health care costs are ridiculous, and always will be, which is why some never go to hospitals. Extra expenses each month are strangling everyone. Health insurance is a joke/scam and believe it shouldn't be enforced. Spend money on something ill never use. Insurance companies never do their pay it seems and leaves you with the lowest possible standards of medical care.

I've heard about the bad side effects of urinary drugs. Doctors end up putting you on 10 medications to counteract an ingredient or something else, and you're basically end up paying $100s per month on drugs and ect.

What ever path you choose, I hope it works favorably for you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I couldn't agree with you more. We are fortunate to have decent health ins through our jobs, but it gets watered down and rates go higher all the time. Every yr I think about switching to an HSA where there are less restrictions, but I always chicken out. At least that way I would be able to get the meds which are prescribed for me and not somthing else.

I do need to use some caution though bc I'm already taking 2 meds for anxiety/depression. The one med in particular doesn't mix well w other things. That was a big reason for not using one of the drugs used to treat frequent urination.

I just got my order of Tranquility pull ups and am going to use one tonight so I'll see how comfortable it is.

To answer the question in the beginning, I do wear during the day. I started because i was having little accidents that suddenly weren't so little anymore. They became noticeable and uncomfortable. It really bothered me and I had to start doing something.

During the day I use a full plastic backed tape on brief bc other products just ended me up at square 1 w a spot in the front or down the leg of my pants. Also, I don't like doing changes at wk. Using the pull up at night will hopefully be easier than a regular brief. Since I wake up anyway, I just as well get up and go to the bathroom.

Last edited:
I've had HSA and you still are quite limited in what supplies you're aloud to buy. That savings account however, is your Pre-taxed (non-taxed) money and could do a lot of good and save money from going to the government and it doesn't disappear at the end of the year like an FSA, but it's still regulated in some way though. Yeah it is a better option to go with mostly because of the money you save not going to the IRS and your income seems lower due to the money going in to the account before the government can tax it and you 're taxed lower.

It would be like dedicating money towards a credit card and paying off the balance each pay period type of spending habit. It's also controllable and you can set the amount dedicated towards the HSA. So go for it.

MeTaLMaNN1983 said:
I've had HSA and you still are quite limited in what supplies you're aloud to buy. That savings account however, is your Pre-taxed (non-taxed) money and could do a lot of good and save money from going to the government and it doesn't disappear at the end of the year like an FSA, but it's still regulated in some way though. Yeah it is a better option to go with mostly because of the money you save not going to the IRS and your income seems lower due to the money going in to the account before the government can tax it and you 're taxed lower.

It would be like dedicating money towards a credit card and paying off the balance each pay period type of spending habit. It's also controllable and you can set the amount dedicated towards the HSA. So go for it.

Thanks for the advice. I need to do some research this yr and get some definite answers. I use an FSA too, but they won't let you buy over the counter stuff w/o a script. But as long as I have a prescription it's fine. The FSA is like getting everything 1/3 off bc it's pre tax. The problem comes when a 30 day supply of something costs $350.00 (I know, some things are a lot more)

If it doesn't wk out w the pull ups I'm going to get some plastic sheets and use the briefs at night too.

Just came home and put on my first Tranquility ATN pull up. So comfy and easy to pull down and back up. Looks like they'll be good for my purposes

trouble63 said:
Just came home and put on my first Tranquility ATN pull up. So comfy and easy to pull down and back up. Looks like they'll be good for my purposes

That's great. I do think some of the other posters make a good point. I was in a similar situation back when I was in my late teens, early twenties. I was wetting everything down before making it to the toilet multiple times a night. I started wearing diapers and either not waking up at all or barely and it made a huge improvement in my sleep. The best night diapers, imo, are cloth diapers and plastic pants. I sleep the deepest in them. There are places online that sell pullup cloth diapers if you want to save some money and trash.

Spaz said:
That's great. I do think some of the other posters make a good point. I was in a similar situation back when I was in my late teens, early twenties. I was wetting everything down before making it to the toilet multiple times a night. I started wearing diapers and either not waking up at all or barely and it made a huge improvement in my sleep. The best night diapers, imo, are cloth diapers and plastic pants. I sleep the deepest in them. There are places online that sell pullup cloth diapers if you want to save some money and trash.

I'm so focused in on
Disposables I haven't given the cloth much thought. It sounds like it deserves a try. I had difficulty sleeping in tape up disposable briefs (ConfiDry 24/7 and Abena M4) before so the cloth is worth try. I already have several pair of plastic pants including a high back pair that I tried w the disposable briefs but I had problems with leaks out the top. Maybe the cloth would be better and I wouldn't need to get
plastic sheets.

It was also mentioned that the best thing would be to sleep straight through and not wake up at
all. If I could get that to happen for me I think I would, but the signal to pee still wakes me up, it's just a matter of getting to the toilet before the flow starts.

trouble63 said:
Maybe the cloth would be better and I wouldn't need to get plastic sheets. It was also mentioned that the best thing would be to sleep straight through and not wake up at all. If I could get that to happen for me I think I would, but the signal to pee still wakes me up, it's just a matter of getting to the toilet before the flow starts.

As for cloth diapers and plastic pants, take careful measurements of your waist and legs and purchase one set before buying in quantity so you know they will fit well. As for the latter, if you wake up and pee then go back to sleep, eventually your awakenings will probably be less and less over time. I'm a deep sleeper though so I wet in my sleep every night without waking up at all (especially in the beginning of the night).

Spaz said:
As for cloth diapers and plastic pants, take careful measurements of your waist and legs and purchase one set before buying in quantity so you know they will fit well. As for the latter, if you wake up and pee then go back to sleep, eventually your awakenings will probably be less and less over time. I'm a deep sleeper though so I wet in my sleep every night without waking up at all (especially in the beginning of the night).

That's great. I was up 5 x last night. I'd love to just sleep straight through.

I have measurements for my hips, thighs and waist. The plastic pants I have all fit very well.

When I started wearing, I was told to get plastic pants and after getting them several different times I was left wondering why I bothered. The only time they really serve much purpose with disposables is when using a product w a cloth like backing. When already wearing a brief w a plastic backing, I didn't see much purpose. However, with a regular cloth diaper I understand they do need to be a part of the equation.

You have me curious now so I'm going to look a the cloth products.

I bought a cloth diaper. Found it on Amazon made by ecoable. It's one size fits all. I'm excited to give it a try.

trouble63 said:
I bought a cloth diaper. Found it on Amazon made by ecoable. It's one size fits all. I'm excited to give it a try.

Looked those up and they look pretty good. I have used Dependeco diaper covers (just the covers not the cover with insert) and I like them a lot except don't wear them at night over a cloth diaper because they will leak in the front. I'm curious to hear a report on the Ecoable.

Just be careful with anything that says "one size fits all". That is a big misnomer, and is completely false.

I guarantee something that properly fit a 5ft 80lb woman will NOT also properly fit a 7ft 300lb man.

Spaz said:
Looked those up and they look pretty good. I have used Dependeco diaper covers (just the covers not the cover with insert) and I like them a lot except don't wear them at night over a cloth diaper because they will leak in the front. I'm curious to hear a report on the Ecoable.

I'll be sure to report. My idea of a cloth diaper was always something that needed to be pinned up, just a big thick piece of cloth that would never fit right. These are completely different. Meanwhile, the Tranquility ATN pull up is working great.

Slomo said:
Just be careful with anything that says "one size fits all". That is a big misnomer, and is completely false.

I guarantee something that properly fit a 5ft 80lb woman will NOT also properly fit a 7ft 300lb man.

The wording is actually "one size fits most".

For a pullup, the Northshore GoSupreme is slightly better than the Abena pullups, only because they don't smell [as much]. It's also a tad larger on sizing for me, and is so comfortable I haven't really been wearing or ordering other diapers for a few months now.

CrypticTaco said:
For a pullup, the Northshore GoSupreme is slightly better than the Abena pullups, only because they don't smell [as much]. It's also a tad larger on sizing for me, and is so comfortable I haven't really been wearing or ordering other diapers for a few months now.

I've tried them. Northshore was nice enough to send me a trial pack, but they irritated the inside of my legs. The Tranquility ATN pull ups are so soft.

I have a cloth diaper as well, probably a different brand but the same idea with an insert. They could be a good idea for you and will cost considerably less over time. If you sleep through the night, it won't work because the capacity isn't for heavy users. Considering you get up all the time and rush to the restroom, it should be good.

The pair I have is incredibly soft all the way around. There's a pocket that could hold plenty of inserts and be as thick as I want. The outside isn't plastic either. It's breathable. They are really comfortable. Just be prepared that they don't hold a lot, and consider getting additional insert pads if they seem not to be enough capacity.

With right size, fit and capacity, you will be better off eventually waking up and just letting go in bed while lying down. Once this becomes normal, you likely will start waking up less. But you need capacity to ensure no leaks. I feel no pull up will give you that. Even the Northshores, which are good, will leak sooner than a tab style diaper. So my advice would be to continue looking for a comfortable premium tab diaper that fits well and keep at it for a week or two.
I like the idea of a cloth overnight absorbancy option as well with good plastic pants. Again, not to get out of bed, but just lay there with eyes closed and let go. You will fall back to sleep so much faster, as long as you don't leak. In the end, you will feel so much more rested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back