Looking for a Good Pull Up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
trouble63 said:
I've tried them. Northshore was nice enough to send me a trial pack, but they irritated the inside of my legs. The Tranquility ATN pull ups are so soft.

Finding a diaper for active wear can be a challenge if you have sensitive skin. Clothlike can rub a lot and irritate the insides of the thighs with friction. Plastic can cause sweating and pimples on the hips. (the magnifico, with the plastic center and breathable spongy sides would be great for dayitme wear if they were thinner and less expensive)

trouble63 said:
I've tried them. Northshore was nice enough to send me a trial pack, but they irritated the inside of my legs. The Tranquility ATN pull ups are so soft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is more of a common problem than you'd realise. Going up in bulk will rub your thighs more than they are used to. The good news is if you keep wearing them, then your skin will eventually toughen up and not cause problems for you like they do now.

In the mean time, try using a good cream that absorbs in to your skin. This will help it heal any damage. Also, use a good ointment after the cream. This will create a barrier to help prevent further damage. It will also lubricate your thighs some, which will eliminate some of the frictjing which is causing the damage in the first place.

Slomo said:
That is more of a common problem than you'd realise. Going up in bulk will rub your thighs more than they are used to. The good news is if you keep wearing them, then your skin will eventually toughen up and not cause problems for you like they do now.

In the mean time, try using a good cream that absorbs in to your skin. This will help it heal any damage. Also, use a good ointment after the cream. This will create a barrier to help prevent further damage. It will also lubricate your thighs some, which will eliminate some of the frictjing which is causing the damage in the first place.

I use A n D and a lot of it. Since I no longer wear plastic pants, I always put a thick coat between my legs. Most diapers will irritate me a little, but I guess I wasn't prepared to have a pull up bother me as much as they did.

Meanwhile, I've found Tranquility ATNs to be very soft. Also, I just received my cloth diaper today. Can't wait to give it a try.

trouble63 said:
I use A n D and a lot of it. Since I no longer wear plastic pants, I always put a thick coat between my legs. Most diapers will irritate me a little, but I guess I wasn't prepared to have a pull up bother me as much as they did.

Meanwhile, I've found Tranquility ATNs to be very soft. Also, I just received my cloth diaper today. Can't wait to give it a try.

AnD is a good ointment, but it alone is not enough. It might seem a little extreme, but this is what is going to heal your skin fast, AND help it adapt to the rubbing so you wont neeed it any longer.

1. Clean the area really good, at least once a day.
2. Thuroughly dry out the area right afterwards. (I use a baby diaper to catch any drips, while also lying under a ceiling fan, on high. This dries me out in just 3-5 minutes).
3. Apply some -cream- and gently rub it in to your skin till it is fully absorbed. This is to heal your skin. (I prefer a prescription of triple diaper cream, but other over the counter creams will work too, such as destin creamy or even just a healing skin moisturizer).
4. Apply an -ointment-. This is the AnD you're alreadt using. Apply enough to make sure a barier is maintained. This will help prevent any further damage to your skin.
5. Optional, reapply the ointment during the day to keep up that barrier.

Also take nite, if after a week your rash has not healed, then it might nit actually be a rash. It is possibly a yeast infection. Any good over the counter bacteria killer is good, such as lotramin or doctor schols. Apply this after drying out in lieu of the cream. Still use the ointment though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back