Status
Not open for further replies.

icklespace

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
what is a good amount of diaper changes a day ??

I'm about 4! Fresh when I get dressed, mid afternoon evening then bed :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wear for bed only so I use one. Some nights none at all but those are sad nights [emoji19]

same with me one diaper per night but I should change more

4-5 a day, for me.

At this point I'm only wearing during the day, so only 1 or 2.

1 a night for me unless i don't use it i will the next night.

good days 3 or 4 bad days 5 to 6 just depends on stress for me

1 Diaper per day. at 2$ a pop, any more than that is wasteful. Mine are so absorbent, I could go two days if I didn't have to #2

Depends what I'm doing. Can be anywhere between 2 and 8.

icklespace said:
what is a good amount of diaper changes a day ??

Depends on your level of use, how much you eat and drink and how much of that comes out the other end. It also depends on the quality of your diaper. I wear 24/7 with high capacity diapers and change about 4 to 5 times per 24 hrs.

I wear diapers at home in the evening and overnight. I usually go through 3-4 diapers a day. Depends on the stress and how much I wet.

I only wear in the evenings when I get home, but I still manage to get through about three per night, including the dry one I put on before bed. It'll probably decrease once I upgrade my brand. I'm using cheap store-bought Depends right now, and they tend to leak, necessitating more frequent changes. I just ordered some Attends breathables on the recommendation of someone else here (Willnotwill, as it happens), so I'm hoping those will hold up better, and I can cut down to two per night.

Depends on what you are wearing and doing in the diaper... If you are using it for everything and mess multiple times a day you are going to need more changes then someone who poops every 3 days, depending on the absorbency of the briefs, somes can handle anywhere from 2-12 hours

I'm bladder incontinent so it varies from day to day. Overnight it's only one as i wear a terry nappy with plastic pants, which i put on just before bed and change it in the morning. During the day it can be 7 or 8 times.

two to three for me.

As many as you need.

It varies depending on if you're fully incontinent, and bowell or bladder too. Plus it varies for what type of diaper you're using.

Changes per day isn't what you're really needing to look at anyways. What you need is COST per day. Ideally this should be under $5.00 or $6.00 per day.

If you use a cheap $0.50 diaper you'll change more (and probably leak more too), maybe 9 times per day. That's $4.50 so you're fine. And if you use an expensive $1.50 diaper, but only change 3 times per day then that's still only $4.50 and is still fine.

Of course, the more expensive the diaper, the more trustworthy and reliable they tend to be. You'll change less often which is more convenient, and yet also have less pee against your skin thanks to their superior absorption capabilities. Inserts and boosters (which add cost) will also not be necessary in most cases too.

Generally speaking, this is why so many here recommend premium diapers like northshore or confidry. And with these diapers, you'll typically find 3-4 changes per day end up being what you need. Once you add in severe bowell incontinence though, then extra changes throughout the day become necessary. Going with a slightly cheaper diaper offsets your total cost and keepsthe costs in balance.

yeh I would keep it between 3 and 5

It depends. I'm only partially IC so if I make it to the toilet, I might wear the same diaper all day or go through 2 or 3 during the day time as my current cheap day diapers (store brand) can only hold one wetting. I wear premium diapers at night, so I'll wear the same one all night. If you are not using the toilet though and fully using diapers, I would say change as often as you need to and change as soon as possible after messing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back