Status
Not open for further replies.

DracoAmericanus

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Incontinent
Since I have some IC so I wear all the time but for some reason I have a lot of problems trying to wet aside from the little bit that comes out, but on a long trip when my bladder fills faster then what leaks out, but I have a heck of a time voiding even past the threshold of pain but if I stop at a light or get out of the car then I flood almost automatically with out being able to stop it, I don't have problems going when sitting down and stopped or at a desk at work or at home.
I even pee sitting down on my toilet so I can empty better then if I was standing up.
I don't know if it's nerves or just an automatic response to being in motion.

is this common? or do you guys have similar things happen?

It's basically the same for me too. Its hard enough for me to relax enough to wet sitting down. Whenever im driving I have to push it out. I may lean back a little or pick my butt up off the seat slightly but with a couple forced spurts I'm usually able to get a small stream going.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I can rarely wet while driving. I think there are too many other things going on for me to focus on it enough. Sometimes when out on an open highway with the cruise control set I'm able to. I also don't usually have any problems wetting while sitting other places. Although I do have a bit of a shy bladder so if I am sitting in a conference or near other people I can also have trouble wetting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have mentioned this elsewhere, but when you sit, it's almost like the release switch tell them not to go but I think it's really a pressure on something that obstruct the natural flow of things. That is why when you have been sitting awhile and you have to go, standing up releases that and you go freely.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It's even more simpler than that. When you're sitting on a chair, you're also sitting on your urethra. That presses it closed, and stops you from peeing. Obviosly a toilet doesn't do that, so that's why it's easy to pee on a toilet, but nowhere else.

When you get an urege to pee while sitting down, lean to one side. This will relase that pressure on your urethra, and it willcbe much easier to pee.

Well, I sort of had it right about the obstructing the natural flow of things. So why do I have a hard time pooping when laying on my side?

DiaperMark said:
Well, I sort of had it right about the obstructing the natural flow of things. So why do I have a hard time pooping when laying on my side?

Because you're used to having gravity help you. And, when on your side that gravity is slightly compressing one cheek closed. Also, sitting on a toilet naturally spreads the cheeks as it were. This opens things up even more for us, and makes it easier to go.

Makes sense!

Plus the colon naturally angles down between the legs, not out to the side.

I think it has more to do with the brain than pressure on the urethra. I used to have a lot of difficulty peeing while driving. I had to force it, until I became comfortable with it. Not, I just go, and it's a complete emptying of the bladder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most people have difficulty initially wetting while not "assuming the position" at the toilet. It's just a built-in mental thing for any animal with a bladder. How hard it will be for you to wet can vary quite a bit. I've been "shy bladder" most of my life, and it took me quite some time to be able to wet my diaper while in a moving vehicle. There's just a lot of additional stimulus going on that are all screaming at your bladder that "this isn't normal! clamp down!"

I think everyone gets it with time though. Just takes some of us longer than others.

I find it kind of hard not to sometimes, had a number of times not wearing and driving places and regretting needing to pee urgently or *shudders* messing >>;

Interesting. I've dealt with this on a plane before, I have to go but can't while seated. However, once I stand up it comes out fast and hard. I guess that in time it will be easier, no?

I still didn't figure this out in myself but I sometimes am successful in peeing while driving. I think it has to do with high volume drinking, if I drink a ton I will be able to pee while driving but just holding back for a long time won't make it happen.

FrumJewDL said:
I still didn't figure this out in myself but I sometimes am successful in peeing while driving. I think it has to do with high volume drinking, if I drink a ton I will be able to pee while driving but just holding back for a long time won't make it happen.

That could be part of not needing to go at the time you tried if it worked at times when you drank more.

When I have a bladder spasm while driving it always hurts the most, as the bladder is squeezing but the hose is kinked, haha. Best solution I've found is to do what was mentioned earlier: roll your weight over to one side to decrease pressure on the urethra.

thanks all for the advice

i drive in nappies all the time and by the end of most journeys they are soaking wet.

I still have not got the hang of this after years of trying. I have no difficulty wetting anywhere, any time, while standing or lying down; in public, with friends, it doesn't matter I can just wet when I feel like it without any real thought. Sitting down, I can wet but it doesn't happen freely. A little alarm bell rings because of increased likelihood of leaks and I have to suppress that before I can wet. I am fairly sure this is the more important factor than physiological ones, because I can wet much more easily sitting on a stool in the shower than on the same stool in the bedroom, presumably due to subconscious awareness of the differences in outcome if a leak occurs. At the wheel, for practical purposes I cannot wet the nappy. There have been a few little successes and at one time I thought I was getting to grips with it, but in practice not. No matter how desperate I am, or what posture I assume, it is near impossible to pass any water until the car is parked with the engine off. Then, it's like weeing while seated elsewhere, and IIRC I can relax more easily if I put a waterproof bed pad on the seat.

One day I am going to try putting some crazy absorbent combo on that is 101% leakproof for any amount of flooding and see if that helps release the mental safety interlock. There was certainly a connection between confidence in the nappy and the ease of wetting in public. In the days when I was shy about the nappy being visible under clothes, I used to wear inadequate absorbency and could not let go without preparation because the confidence was not there. As soon as I started wearing thick premium nappies out and about, that had been tested in private to withstand anything I did in them, suddenly the inhibitions melted away. I am hoping the same principle will help with driving but the confidence has to be more extreme because the alarm is more insistent.

None of this applies to messing while driving, which is no different to any other seated scenario and is simply about posture, When the need arises, all I have to do is lift myself up in the seat to make room for the poo, and it happens easily and conveniently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back