Not open for further replies.

Wuggle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I'm interested in something. For those of you who watch little kid TV shows like Barney, Mr. Roger's Neighbourhood, Arthur, Paw Patrol, etc. do you watch them as a way of reaching little space, or do you actually enjoy the plot and characters?

My favourite "little" shows are Arthur, Barney, and Mr. Roger's Neighbourhood, and I really do like to watch them just to watch them. I love Mr. Roger's Neighbourhood; the way he talks to the audience so patiently and engagingly is very comforting. It makes me feel small and safe when he asks me questions and I get to answer like he can really hear me. I love Barney for the music. The messages are clear and simple, but important, and things I think so many of us forget as we go through our grown up lives. Because I have autism, I get a lot of security from verbal and mental repetition, so when I'm anxious or uneasy, I just sing the songs to myself over and over again, and the fact that they're kids' songs makes the lyrics super easy to remember.

What are your favourite kid shows, and what do you get out of watching them?

Mickey and the Roadster Racers is my new favorite!
I'm a huge fan of Mickey and friends. Like the characters, their stories, and are generally fun to watch.

I don't tend to watch much TV aimed at little kids, but the ones I do watch are the ones I remember from my own childhood. These include but are not limited to:

Trap Door, Ivor the Engine, Clangers, Charlie Chalk

I was also a huge fan of Thomas the Tank Engine, Fireman Sam, Thunderbirds, Stingray, Captain Scarlet, Penny Crayon but I don't rewatch them very much, I tend to just watch the credit sequences :p

Basically if it was made with puppets or it's a pre-computer cartoon animation and was on British TV in the 90s I was a fan... (that's Ivor Wood, Postgate & Fermin and S4C animations) Some of these will help me feel little, but more often I watch them for a feeling of nostalgia or historical interest.

The modern kids TV shows I actually watch are focused on the older kids market, more like a TV equivalent of a YA novel - Star Vs The Forces of Evil and Gravity Falls. I got into Star Vs. for the Trans Marco Theory and I also subscribe to the "Star Butterfly is autistic" head cannon. I was also very heavily into My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic during the time of the first 3 seasons, less so now as it's gotten harder for me to find it, except on Tiny Pop at odd times of the day...

Edit: I have spent the past two days obsessing about the economic structure of the island of Merrytwit in Charlie Chalk. If anyone wants to hear about my economics or queer head canons for this show, let me know ;)

Last edited:
I like the plot of the shows. My favorite little shows are Caillou, Bernstein Bears, Blues Clues, Arthur, the Sprout channel, Oswald the Octopus, Kipper and Little Bill.

It's a little bit of both for me I think. I love the PAW Patrol characters although the story lines can be a bit bland. It also makes me feel small to like something that is currently ''in'' with the actual little-kid set. With Blue's Clues there's also the nostalgia factor.

I like shows like Paw Patrol for their repetitve scenes that play out the same way in every episode, I find the predictability reassuring. I also still like My Little Pony, I find a lot of the episodes quite funny, and again, the music is very appealing. Fluttershy used to be my favourite, but these days I'm leaning more towards Twilight.

MickeyM said:
Mickey and the Roadster Racers is my new favorite!
I'm a huge fan of Mickey and friends. Like the characters, their stories, and are generally fun to watch.
That's my favorite show too!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I'm more into most of the shows I used to watch as a kid. My favorite show now is Mickey and the Roadster Racers. But others include, Spongebob, Any of the Sonic cartoons, Mickeys House of Mouse, Clifford the big red dog, Dexters Laboratory, some Lion Guard, and others.

KimbaWolfNagihiko said:
It's a little bit of both for me I think. I love the PAW Patrol characters although the story lines can be a bit bland. It also makes me feel small to like something that is currently ''in'' with the actual little-kid set. With Blue's Clues there's also the nostalgia factor.
Blues Clues was awesome!!! Haven't seen Steve since I was like 2 or 3.

I like the plot but if they can get me to little space that's a huge bonus. My favorite little shows are The Lion Guard, PB&J Otter, Doc McStuffins, Sofia the First, and other similar titles.

They're just so calming and really put me in a feel good mood.

I love just about everything on Disney Junior. I've also taken a real liking to Paw Patrol as well. I also love PB&J Otter and Rolie Polie Olie!

I like many different TV programs for very young children.
I get into the plots, and the characters.
On My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic, "Maud Pie", Pinkie Pie's older sister seems to have Asperger's Syndrome like me.

caitianx said:
I like many different TV programs for very young children.
I get into the plots, and the characters.
On My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic, "Maud Pie", Pinkie Pie's older sister seems to have Asperger's Syndrome like me.

Yes, I picked up on that too :D I love Maud Pie, she reminds me so much of me!

Unfortunately, i'm at an age where all the children programs i used to watch are no longer with us, theses included things like the woodentops, 4 feather falls (aka 2 gun tex of texas), torchy the battery boy, andy pandy, the flowerpot men and programs like watch with mother and a very old radio programme called listen with mother.

rugrats! loved that show from an early age..and still do

Top Favorites: Kipper, Blues Clues(Steve episodes ONLY), Tom and Jerry, Rugrats, Mr. Rodger's Neighborhood, Reading Rainbow, Thomas the Tank Engine, Dragon Tales
Lesser Favorites: Max and Ruby, Clifford the Big Red Dog, Bob the Builder, Brum, Sagwa the Chinese Siamese Cat

AustinTheLionhearted said:
Top Favorites: Kipper, Blues Clues(Steve episodes ONLY), Tom and Jerry, Rugrats, Mr. Rodger's Neighborhood, Reading Rainbow, Thomas the Tank Engine, Dragon Tales
Lesser Favorites: Max and Ruby, Clifford the Big Red Dog, Bob the Builder, Brum, Sagwa the Chinese Siamese Cat

pretty much all the ones mentioned here on the above quote. :) :cool:

PCBaby said:
Unfortunately, i'm at an age where all the children programs i used to watch are no longer with us, theses included things like the woodentops, 4 feather falls (aka 2 gun tex of texas), torchy the battery boy, andy pandy, the flowerpot men and programs like watch with mother and a very old radio programme called listen with mother.

Four Feather Falls was follwed by:

SUPERCAR
FIREBALL XL-5
STINGRAY
THUNDERBIRDS
CAPTAIN SCARLET
JOE 90
TERRAHAWKS

AustinTheLionhearted said:

I don't quite get the hate on Joe from Blue's Clues. I know for some people he probably represented an ''end of an era'', and perhaps it was just not the same for them, but some episodes with Joe are my favorite ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back