Status
Not open for further replies.

KryanAshford

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
On thing I've realized in my plan is I need to build up some muscle mass. My body is the standard height, but I only weight 115 lbs. So that I don't seem like an easy target when I relocate. I think it would be best to maybe lift or something. Honestly this isn't my field. I know little to nothing about this, so I thought I should ask around. Plus I think this could be a way to keep my mind occupied while I continue to plan out my next move.

Check out bodybuilding.com

About a month and a half ago I started lifting and exercising and trying to commit to make life changes. I'm shorter and heavy if I'm going to be honest, but I've been going to the local gym (YMCA) and the staff there have helped, and so has family also. I have a nephew that's been a gym regular for 5 years now.

I've gotten on a regime of a 3-day cycle of targeting different muscles, and I've been going 4-6 times a week for about 2 to 2 1/2hours. I'll do back the first day, chest the second day, and legs the last day. After legs I'll restart the cycle at back. It's kind of hard to explain what I've been doing and what I've been showed, so as the previous contributor to this thread mentioned don't be afraid to search for answers and information. If your going to a local gym like the YMCA, ask the staff if you have questions or concerns; that's what they are there for.

I think the key is to get some kind of regime going. Do some research, figure out a schedule and track your progress.

There's a boatload of information out there on all the how, what, and why's, but half of it contradicts the other half.. so you either need to read up on this stuff yourself and form your own opinion to act as a launching point, or just pick someone who you trust and seems to know what they're talking about and do what they say.

Only generic advice I can think of is to start slow, pay attention to form, and learn to do whatever it is you decide to do properly. Bad form and overworking muscles can cause legit injuries, some of which won't heal fast or even ever. You can get away with a lot, but if you do bad things in the gym for long enough, eventually you're going to do some real damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back