Australia Post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJess

Banned
Now, I'm not picking on the postal service, but boi I'm not sure if any other Australians have noticed, but Australia post fucking sucks.

So I practically roughly in the city of Adelaide, not going into specific details, but I'm practically very close to Adelaide (Adelaide Area) not that far by train.

So, You would think when you pay money for EXPRESS shipping, which should only take roughly a business day, you'll be wrong.

Every package I've order that has gone though Australia post, the EXPRESS packages always take 3-4 days, while parcel takes the same god damn time.

While on the other hand, with STARTRACK express shipping LITERALLY IS next day shipping, I bought a laptop, It got shipped off, got it the next day.

So, why is it with another privatized postal company owned by Australia Post, I get my package next business day, BUT with Australia post It takes 3-4 days to get the same god damn package.

I'm starting to think Express shipping is a waste of money with Australia Post.

Is the Australia post a stable service though? The US post guarantees our express shipping won't take too long. The prices are reasonable too, except they are loosing so much money they might not be around much longer (unless our congress balances their budget- lol as if).

Slomo said:
Is the Australia post a stable service though? The US post guarantees our express shipping won't take too long. The prices are reasonable too, except they are loosing so much money they might not be around much longer (unless our congress balances their budget- lol as if).

Australia post is practically the "Australian version of the US postal system" so yeah it is, It's a government owned postal service too StarTrack the privatized version of Australia post, some reason I get next day delivery with one but not the other, yet they use the same network??

I've once even had express postage take 3 weeks because it got stuck at a processing plant, ahaha (express my ass) :p

Binary said:
Australia post is practically the "Australian version of the US postal system" so yeah it is, It's a government owned postal service too StarTrack the privatized version of Australia post, some reason I get next day delivery with one but not the other, yet they use the same network??

I've once even had express postage take 3 weeks because it got stuck at a processing plant, ahaha (express my ass) :p
I can't speak for how it works in Australia but I can in America. The truth is the US postal service doesn't own a single plane or truck anymore. They are at the mercy of contracted drivers and piggy backing FedEx and ups jets. And I would assume Australia's about as big if not bigger than the US landmass wise. Here in the US even with 2 drivers running around-the-clock takes 48 hours total of 2 days to cross the country by truck. A lot of times if there is no plane or trucks going out that day a parcel will sit in processing until the next plane or truck goes out. In the age of global privatized mail services the cost to operate a government post system becomes far too expensive vs the free market. So to cut costs with out service volume they get rid of vehicles and contract out private carriers.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Our mail here in central Virginia now goes to North Caroline, the next state south of us, for sorting, and then comes back to Virginia, taking several days. I wonder if Australia is doing the same thing?

Sorry but Australia Post does suck in a lot of ways.

They have an Express Post service which is guaranteed next business day delivery or the shipper gets a refund.

While I don't think it covers everywhere in Australia one would think all of greater Adelaide would be covered as a no brainer.

I received my latest eBay purchases the next business day via Toll which for sure was a better service than Aussie Post.

Binary your vent has an Argent seal of approval!

'Yes Virginia, Au Post does suck' and everyone in Australia knows that it does.

After five years of trouble with my mail I had to get my Local Federal Rep to ask the Communications Minister to get my parcel delivery sorted out after a second parcel was stolen by the contractors that Au Post mostly uses. I got a visit and an apology from my local delivery centre's manager and courier manager the day after they sacked the second culprit who only been on the job for four days! I have had no trouble with Au Post since. Up until then I was having a nervous breakdown worrying about my regular oestrogen delivery from Vanuatu being up to a month late, the parcel thefts (one was a bra from Target which wouldn't have been much use to the thief unless he has a pre-teen daughter... or sissy son) and the stress of getting the Prevails that I buy in bulk from the US was making me sick.

w0lfpack91 said:
I can't speak for how it works in Australia but I can in America. The truth is the US postal service doesn't own a single plane or truck anymore. They are at the mercy of contracted drivers and piggy backing FedEx and ups jets. And I would assume Australia's about as big if not bigger than the US landmass wise. Here in the US even with 2 drivers running around-the-clock takes 48 hours total of 2 days to cross the country by truck. A lot of times if there is no plane or trucks going out that day a parcel will sit in processing until the next plane or truck goes out. In the age of global privatized mail services the cost to operate a government post system becomes far too expensive vs the free market. So to cut costs with out service volume they get rid of vehicles and contract out private carriers.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That might explain why my packages from the USA always go awry. They always come from the exact same location, with exact same shipping, to the exact same address - half the time they get sent direct to Australia, around the expected delivery date, no problem. Other half they get sent around the world and back again. Most commonly is to Singapore first, and then Australia, which kinda makes sense (if you ignore the fact that they are clearly very capable of sending it direct). But I've had packages sent via Zurich of all places, and this last package was over a month late because it had been sent to the other end of the USA, back again, and then back and forth about five or six times before finally being sent out to Oz!

Still marginally better than the Australia Post USA address shipping; it was so exciting when they got an American office so we could buy packages from USA only stores, and then have them shipped on to us. Oh, how quickly we learned THAT was a mistake!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back