Duct tape on diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
tiny said:
Who always carries a diaper with them? I bet you'd get some seriously funny stares taking a diaper into the toilet with you! :p

I always have a diaper close on hand, usually in my car, and in my desk at work. And no, I have never once gotten an odd stare when walking from my car or desk to the bathroom- diaper in hand.

As I, and others, have said many times. A vast majority of people just don't notice. And of those few who might notice, most of them aren't going to recognize, say, or react in any way that you would notice as well. And that 0.000001% that does, they are always the one with the problem so you have no reason to care about them anyways.

And while it's true I do have scisors in my desk, I'm not always going to have them near by like I will with my diapers on hand. (Mall, movies, traveling, beach, wherever). As is the same for most others too. So my statment still stands.

True.

I was using Dry 24/7 for a long time and within an hour the tapes start failing. It became regular for me to use duct tape after putting them on. I wish they would improve that aspect.

zippyboy said:
I was using Dry 24/7 for a long time and within an hour the tapes start failing. It became regular for me to use duct tape after putting them on. I wish they would improve that aspect.

How long ago was this for you. Confidry did used to have this problem, but it was fixed over a year ago. You should not have a problem with tapes popping of unless youre somehow applying them wrong.

Slomo said:
How long ago was this for you. Confidry did used to have this problem, but it was fixed over a year ago. You should not have a problem with tapes popping of unless youre somehow applying them wrong.

I am using up the last of them now. Product did improve - but since I live in Texas and it is hot most of the time it must be a contributing factor. Still have tapes popping off. I am switching to new product soon anyway for my regular brand. Tapes never come off of those.

zippyboy said:
I am using up the last of them now. Product did improve - but since I live in Texas and it is hot most of the time it must be a contributing factor. Still have tapes popping off. I am switching to new product soon anyway for my regular brand. Tapes never come off of those.

Oh...Kay..., to further clarify then, how long ago did you get them.

And I live in Florida where we have heat AND humidity. I haven't had a problem with them for over a year.

1. Make sure you aren't rubbing the front panels flat. You will rub oil off of them and coat the panels. This will reduce the tapes ability to stay on. Instead, pull the panels flat from the corners.

2. If you use any creams, lotions, or powders make sure you clean your hands before putting the diaper on. Handling a diaper with coated hands is a sure way to decrease tape efficiency.

3. Make sure you are pressing them tapes on a little. And once stuck on, give them a good rub or two in place. This will increase their contact, and increase their ability to hold.

Slomo said:
Oh...Kay..., to further clarify then, how long ago did you get them.

And I live in Florida where we have heat AND humidity. I haven't had a problem with them for over a year.

1. Make sure you aren't rubbing the front panels flat. You will rub oil off of them and coat the panels. This will reduce the tapes ability to stay on. Instead, pull the panels flat from the corners.

2. If you use any creams, lotions, or powders make sure you clean your hands before putting the diaper on. Handling a diaper with coated hands is a sure way to decrease tape efficiency.

3. Make sure you are pressing them tapes on a little. And once stuck on, give them a good rub or two in place. This will increase their contact, and increase their ability to hold.

Thanks - yeah no they have always failed. Bought these about 3 weeks ago from XP. New brand - better tapes. Still like the 24/7 but have to tape em.

I ama finding Mollicare tapes working quite well. When, occasionally they fail, on a top tape I cut a piece of clear tape, put it on the edge to a desk, then attach not to back off diaper and use it as replacement tape.

They didn't have any Duck or Gorilla tape at the hardware shop, when I went recently. So I got some Uni-Bond duct tape. It's incredibly thin, but really strong. You can rub your hands over the outside of the diaper and it's almost impossible to notice it. Good stuff.

tiny said:
They didn't have any Duck or Gorilla tape at the hardware shop, when I went recently. So I got some Uni-Bond duct tape. It's incredibly thin, but really strong. You can rub your hands over the outside of the diaper and it's almost impossible to notice it. Good stuff.

Duct or duck? True duct tape is used on actual air ducts. It typically has a metallic thermal outer coating (usually silver) to reflect radiant heat. They are very sticky and will hold to a plastic diaper really well though. I can guarantee the tapes will not be almost impossible to detect though.

Slomo said:
Duct or duck?

Both. Duck is a common brand of duct tape.

Vic92 said:
Both. Duck is a common brand of duct tape.

Actually duck tape isn't used by any competent hvac installer or repair man. Duct and duck tape are two completely different types of tape with very different applications.

what people refer to as "duct tape" or "grey tape" was commonly known in the past as "100mph tape", it was originally used to patch bullet/flak holes in planes during ww2. It has nothing to do with ductwork. Ducts are sealed with tape that's more metallic and a resin'ish based adhesive that holds up better in humidity and high temps.

Two out of three Do It Yourself people subscribe to repairs made with Duct Tape !
What ever as long as it keeps a diaper firmly in place and ready for the slings and arrows of outrageous overloading and stressing the core structure !
Imagine an hundred mile an hour diaper that keeps on staying put no matter what flak is ejected within its containment area !
Anything at all to avoid the "xxxx hitting the fan" !
Do they make ballistic diapers ?
The door or a boot is about to hit my diapered (name brand concealed) rearz and it keeps on holding and holding and has nothing to do with a bunny !

the duck tape brand now makes them with patterns on like rainbows and stars! very useful and it looks like its part of the diaper

bambinod said:
what people refer to as "duct tape" or "grey tape" was commonly known in the past as "100mph tape", it was originally used to patch bullet/flak holes in planes during ww2. It has nothing to do with ductwork. Ducts are sealed with tape that's more metallic and a resin'ish based adhesive that holds up better in humidity and high temps.

Almost, people actually commonly refer to it as duck tape, also known as 100mph tape (as it is used on aur planes even today).

You are correct about duct tape though, and if you look at the OPs thread title, it clearly says duct. So, metallic tape being used on diapers is what the OP was originally asking about.

- - - Updated - - -

tiny said:
What are you on about?! The Duck Tape you've linked to explicitly says that it is duct tape!

Oh, the irony.

Check again. The link I gave says duck (with a "k"), both in the link and on the page it takes you to. The description for the tape usage does not say anything about metal duct work.

I have it as a reference for what Trevor had though was the all purpose duck tape but had incorrectly linked in and referenced the metal duct tape instead. That link is the one that references the metal duct work tape. And is the tape the OP was asking about.

- - - Updated - - -

Lilsteve said:
the duck tape brand now makes them with patterns on like rainbows and stars! very useful and it looks like its part of the diaper

Again, the OP is not asking about duck tape. Though I do agree duck brand now has lots of good patterns and colors that can nicely enhance how a diaper looks. It is none the less a moot point.

You say tomato I say Tomato, you say potato I say potato........... I think the question was asking do you use 2" tape that usualy comes on a 50 m roll to reinforce the diaper tapes. My answer is yes. I have used duck, duct, gaffer and anything else you want to call it. At the moment I have several of these different patterns of Duck (TM) tape and rolls of black and rolls of white "gaffer" tape. image duck tape.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back