Acceptable excuses in the following scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone finds out you wear diapers, they will most likely not say anything so you can spare your excuses. Unless they are your partner or your close family such as your parents. But by then you need to be honest with them.

I can come up with dizzying array of excuses because I study medicine and pharmacology however they are excuses , if they are in your life and you can't be honest with them , that means there is a problem in the relationship , and for those people who say you couldn't be that honest with your parents : there comes a time in every child's life when you will be going thru your parents stuff to save or part with there stuff after they die , it's an alien world where you find out things you never thought to ask or talk about with them , everything gets exposed good or bad kinky or sad , if you as a teen or young adult and start having secrets from your parents ( yes they did the nasty , your here aren't you , yes it hurts to think about , but keep that in mind to break the ice ) then somethung went wrong in your family , straight up dope , i know the enlightened opinon of us old er people are not always appreciated or welcome, but it's the honest exposed naked vulnerability that brought you into the world and kept you here "I brought you into this world , I can take you out of it " your here they never did, you can trust them with your choice of underwear .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Whilst I agree with Calico and others that it is very unlikely to be put to the test, I have walked through the scenario and my prepared responses many, many times. I had one for situations where people would be aware of the complex demands of my work that might justify wearing. There are times where it is rather tricky to get to the bathroom and I wear and use my nappy with a certain pride when it helps me through those moments, even though it's not technically necessary. For the benefit of others who wouldn't know about that, I rehearsed various semi-truths and blatant falsehoods over the years. These included:
* I'm part of a team testing the fit and security of a new version for the manufacturer. We get paid to do this like a medical trial - it's crazy!
* My friend has a wager on that I can't survive wearing them for a week, it was a drinking game that I lost. I thought they would be awful to wear but actually they are quite comfy.
* I'll be diving deep in a couple of weeks and can't wear a P-valve in my drysuit. So I'm trying to get used to these damn things so I don't have to think about them on the day.

Recently, though, I had a paradigm shift following the realisation that when put on the spot, I had no confidence in my ability to tell a flat lie. So now, for situations where some work-related explanation wouldn't sound plausible, I have prepared myself to come straight out with the truth. "It's a lifestyle thing, quite a few people do it for comfort and relaxation and it really works", i.e. somethng like Jbdl's suggestion. "You should try nappies if ever you get mega-stressed, once you are over the 'weird' factor they are surprisingly comfy and create this aura of calm." I could say that with conviction to pretty much anyone I know, with only a few needing to be kept in the dark about them being for pleasure not medical need. This is all part of a general increase in comfort level with being seen out in a nappy, TBH I don't care who sees or knows these days although no-one has batted an eyelid.

I have never and I mean NEVER had anything good come from explaining that I am wearing diapers because I like how they feel, or "it's a lifestyle" thing

If the said person is not family, spouse or close friend I tell them it's none of there business

You could be making an Over the Hill Diaper Cake

94e545c116776788f04b452cef95dd85.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't been confronted directly yet, but when I do I hope I can use this simple response I've prepared: "I've always been this way". What I mean of course is I've worn or wanted to wear diapers, although they'll probably interpret this to mean I've had some medical issue since birth. If they are especially brazen and insist on asking more questions from then, I'll just simply tell them "I don't want to talk about it". That ought to end the discussion or change the topic. If not, they're being extremely inconsiderate and I won't feel the least bit bad for walking away. If later they find out I wear because I want to, they can't say I lied to them.

I don't have to lie, they have enough of an answer to at least temporarily satisfy them and end their questions, they can use their imagination to fill in any detail they need, and they're not likely to ask followup questions anytime soon.

Oh and add to that cake:
- ben-gay
- metamucil or other fiber supplement
- denture adhesive

There's a lot of other obvious props but they're all to large for a cake (cane, walker, lawnchair, suspenders, etc)

After more than 20 years of needing to use diapers 24/7 I'm quite the expert in remaining under the radar. Not that I care that much anymore, but I still possess some modesty. I've been bowel IC (severe bowel urgency after a long ago surgery) and in the beginning it was brutal. I was ashamed because I had to wear diapers. Like with anything, you adapt and get used to it. I don't broadcast the fact I wear diapers but I don't shy away from it. Like another poster said, I own it. If I'm just running errands and don't plan on being out too long I wear a confi-dry 24/7 with a booster and plastic pants. In the beginning I had very loose stool which made me absolutely miserable. I was told by my doctor to use a bulk producing fiber supplement and have been using Metamucil 4 to 5 times a day to keep stool firm. It's worked wonders for me despite the increased frequency and volume. I've been using Nullo deoderant tablets for years and very rarely have noticable odor. I do wear appropriate clothing (baggy sweats or jeans with longer coats or hoodies in colder weather and dark very baggy shorts with a Columbia fishing shirt in 3x with the tails out). Virtually undetectable. When I know I'll be out for an extended period of time (hours in the library, golfing or spending the day on my boat), I run a pinwheel over the plastic shell of the disposable and put on a pull-up cloth diaper (Kinns model 10700). I always use heavy gauge plastic pants ( lighter gauge when at home or if the weather is particularly warm). Yes, it is a lot of diaper. I've found it's easier to walk more normally when my diapers are a little damp. With my wardrobe choices it's still hard to know I'm diapered. For more formal attire I'll take some imodium (loperamide) and stick with just the disposable and booster with plastic pants under some athletic compression shorts. With dark baggy chinos and a sports jacket or longer sweater I can remain stealth in any social situation. I detest public changing so I'll usually gut it out and wait until I get home for a proper change and shower. I know it sounds gross walking around (or sitting in the library or coffee shop) with a huge load (or 2)
in my diaper but I'm used to it and smell never gives me away. Early this spring I was coming back from my place in Florida and half way through the flight I had an enormous BM despite using Imodium that morning. Nobody around me had a clue. I didn't even consider trying to change in the planes bathroom. I simply waited until the limo took me home and changed in the comfort of my own home. In 20 plus years I've only had the diapers mentioned to me a few times. Most were just curious but respectful. I explained it was a medical issue. A couple of people who "called" me out (in rather rude fasion I might add), I give them the stink eye and just say "cancer" and walk away leaving them with their mouths hanging open feeling like the idiots they are. Over kill? I don't think so. I believe a lot of it has to do with self confidence. If you're acting all paranoid and constantly pulling your shirt down, you're bound to draw unwanted attention. Hold you head up, smile at people and just be your confident self. You shouldn't have any problems. If you do have a problem with somebody, use the medical excuse. For a lot of us it's the truth. If you're wearing for other reasons, it will still work. I don't have to worry about seeing somebody twice because I'm 24/7 365 so they never see me without diapers if they already know.

ClickyKeys said:
"I have to wear diapers when my medical condition is flaring up."

That is what I tell people. In my case though it isn't an excuse, I just wear 24/7 so I don't have to stress about if I'll have a flare up or not. I can usually predict what flares me up, but I've been pretty shocked at times as well.

Same with me except I never know. I recently had two instances of SUIC out of nowhere. Other than kidney stones, I have never had urinary tract issues before. Fortunately, I was wearing because of the rare occasional shatulence (or shart, feculence) which may possibly be due to 40+ years of intermittent ulcerative colitis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back